Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartattack

Michel Den Dulk is the Imagineer referenced by Baxter.

Michel Den Dulk is a great designer. He did some nice designs for 'The Efteling' and 'Europa-park', two of the nicer parks in Europe. He designed the 'Iceland' themed part of Europa-park.
iceland1.jpg
iceland2.jpg

iceland3.jpg

Sped2424

Maybe the whole design budget for the ride in both locations was ashes then. I've seen the plans floating around on these boards for the three different track layout possibilities that were given. From what I understand, Disney originally chose one of the better layouts but then slashed and chopped to the cheapest version.
From what I have been told they decided to just clone the shanghai version due to that being cheaper development wise versus giving ours a unique layout with more show scenes.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
A Disney bus driver's cousin has a friend at her gym who confirmed that they will have real snow in the ride, so an upgraded AC unit makes sense.

I know this is a joke, but it does bring up a good question, will there be falling snow in any of the scenes?

brb1006

Baxter said in a podcast interview that the guy who is working on frozen worked with him on fantasy faire in fantasyland in Disneyland. Baxter also said in the interview that it was time for maelstrom to go, he rode it before the closure and said this needs some ride needs some work.
What podcast did he mention this? Was it WDWRadio?

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
I know this is a joke, but it does bring up a good question, will there be falling snow in any of the scenes?

While I did mean it as a joke, it really wouldn't surprise me if they did add a snow effect in the final scene of the ride. It would actually be pretty cool. (Pun intended.)

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Something that keeps harping me about this besides the thematic integrity of EPCOT being ruined, is what is the THC on this thing? Maelstrom was I'd guess 850-900 an hour, even if they move the load to the same room as the unload, what does that make the ride ? 900-950 THC max? What kinda lines are we looking at when this opens...

As usual in this thread, I am 5 pages behind. So I will interject this and hope someone in the 5 pages I have not yet read hasn't already addressed this. Moving load and unload to the the same position may actually slow down the ride from it's predicted optimum. (The optimum is rarely if ever achieved.) I would expect 800 per hour when this re-tread attraction opens it's doors.

*1023*

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
And with the original budget 7DMT should have had an additional inside scene and more outside track. Unfortunately they slashed all that. So yes. Let's see what they have planned for the ride. But I agree in the throughput and logistical issues. Nightmare!!!

I've seen what they have planned. I am far from jubilant. The concerns over shoehorning the movie property into the World Showcase has merit that many cast aside. As nothing but set dressing, queuing area, and restructured attraction boarding are the actual changes you will be seeing, I fail to understand why anyone would adopt a wait and see approach. The entire ride was handed to a reporter for a blow by blow preview of the attraction.

Because of the current popularity of the IP, this attraction will be mobbed until late in the evening and will lack the ability to provide the experience to all those seeking to enjoy it. The sets, projections, and AAs will be viewed by approximately 8000 guest if this attraction opens with WS or 9600 if it opens with FW. So as I have mentioned before, less than one-third of an average days attendance at EPCOT will be able to view this attraction. Very poor implantation.

*1023*

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
As nothing but set dressing, queuing area, and restructured attraction boarding are the actual changes you will be seeing, I fail to understand why anyone would adopt a wait and see approach.

IMO, Its a mild case of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. The "wait and see" approach has become the adopted method for those who have committed their opinion to the idea that this was a good decision for both World Showcase and Frozen. Upon seeing the Frozen plans for Tokyo and the sheer mathematical truth of the hourly capacity that this attraction will have, they retreat to the safe harbor of "wait and see", so when TSHTF they can claim they did not have a predisposition of allowing their excitement and/or desire to have a second MK cloud their decision.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

IMO, Its a mild case of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. The "wait and see" approach has become the adopted method for those who have committed their opinion to the idea that this was a good decision for both World Showcase and Frozen. Upon seeing the Frozen plans for Tokyo and the sheer mathematical truth of the hourly capacity that this attraction will have, they retreat to the safe harbor of "wait and see", so when TSHTF they can claim they did not have a predisposition of allowing their excitement and/or desire to have a second MK cloud their decision.
You're probably correct, but, does wringing your hands and whining about it before it is even a reality matter to anyone at all. Does deciding before it actually becomes a three dimensional being, basing judgment based on paper drawings any more sane then "waiting to see" what actually is there and what actually happens. The gloom and doomers may be absolutely correct in their thoughts, however, to state so emphatically what it will be is what might be called the Nostradamus Syndrome. Anyone with that clear a vision into the future, should be extremely in demand by everyone for their incredible ability.

lazyboy97o

You're probably correct, but, does wringing your hands and whining about it before it is even a reality matter to anyone at all. Does deciding before it actually becomes a three dimensional being, basing judgment based on paper drawings any more sane then "waiting to see" what actually is there and what actually happens. The gloom and doomers may be absolutely correct in their thoughts, however, to state so emphatically what it will be is what might be called the Nostradamus Syndrome. Anyone with that clear a vision into the future, should be extremely in demand by everyone for their incredible ability.
The biggest critiques don't need to wait and see because the critiques are not of something that is seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom