Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

djkidkaz

A potential scenario:

TDO at times had Toy Story Midway Mania as a FP+ only. Let's say they attempt to do this with the Frozen stuff.

Imagine a family who comes, spends 100+ per head because their daughter wants to go to the 'Frozen Park', and find out they can't do any of it *AT ALL* because they didn't tell the mouse they wanted to go there 60 days in advance.

I wonder how that will go over...

I've actually heard a rumor that this is a potential plan for Frozen, hence the tests at Soarin last year. You either have a fast pass or you go to the ride and get a return time for later. No standby.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I've actually heard a rumor that this is a potential plan for Frozen, hence the tests at Soarin last year. You either have a fast pass or you go to the ride and get a return time for later. No standby.

Would this not cause a rush of people first thing in the morning without fastpasses trying to get return tickets which is essentially what the old fastpass system was? They would run out of return passes by 10AM.

RSoxNo1

It would be cool if the lines become so unmanageable and frustrating that Disney adds a second show building and ride track like they did for TSMM and Soarin'.

Although I imagine if it ever got to that point Disney would probably just commit to an Arendelle expansion in New Fantasyland which they should have just done to begin with.
It needs 3 hours+ waits and then maybe they'll commit to doing a real land for it. If they're going to screw up World Showcase, they should have committed and changed the ride system/track to one that can accomodate crowds.
This wouldn't surprise me at all.

CaptainAmerica

A potential scenario:

TDO at times had Toy Story Midway Mania as a FP+ only. Let's say they attempt to do this with the Frozen stuff.

Imagine a family who comes, spends 100+ per head because their daughter wants to go to the 'Frozen Park', and find out they can't do any of it *AT ALL* because they didn't tell the mouse they wanted to go there 60 days in advance.

I wonder how that will go over...
The Toy Story Mania FP+ only testing was never intended to be a test of something they'd actually do. It was a test of how they're going to operate the attraction once the new track is up and running, with segregated operations for the FP+ riders and standby guests.

WildcatDen

Ok, then for accuracy each guest would be greeted at its borders, enslaved as thralls, and sold in markets of the other European sections of the world showcase or killed and their bodies looted. That's historically accurate.
If that is part of the new attraction, I think the lines may be shorter than some are suggesting.

Bocabear

Would this not cause a rush of people first thing in the morning without fastpasses trying to get return tickets which is essentially what the old fastpass system was? They would run out of return passes by 10AM.
Yes, of course it would....then would come the infinite complaints at Guest Services that someone's precious cupcake did not get on the Frozen ride and the lines for the Meet & Greet were over 4 hours...Like when they first arrived at the Magic Kingdom... I guess with three meeting rooms VS 2, they will be a little faster... But the ride will have capacity problems for sure.

IMFearless

I still think the plan is to leave the girls in PFH as well as Norway. It would make no sense to take them out of Fantasyland while they are still pulling 100 minute waits.

Bocabear

I thought this new building was purpose built as a Anna and Elsa Meet and Greet with restrooms...
they will just move the girls over to EPCOT when complete...
can't imagine them having two locations for their official M&G

DisDan

I just had this vision of the creative process on how we arrived at this attraction.

Manager: Guys! This doesn't have to be a good attraction. It's Frozen, anything we build for Frozen will attract droves of people regardless of quality. I mean look at DHS for crying out loud. Let's just get this done as quickly and cheaply as possible. Ohh and let's find a spot somewhere in a park that needs an attendance boost.

Employee(s): EPCOT needs help, Maelstrom is probably the only place in EPCOT where we could meet all your criteria.

Manager: Brilliant! GO.

:facepalm:

CaptainAmerica

I just had this vision of the creative process on how we arrived at this attraction.

Manager: Guys! This doesn't have to be a good attraction. It's Frozen, anything we build for Frozen will attract droves of people regardless of quality. I mean look at DHS for crying out loud. Let's just get this done as quickly and cheaply as possible. Ohh and let's find a spot somewhere in a park that needs an attendance boost.

Employee(s): EPCOT needs help, Maelstrom is probably the only place in EPCOT where we could meet all your criteria.

Manager: Brilliant! GO.

Clever. Really, honestly a brilliant observation. So good. I bet it went just like that. And you know what else? In 80 pages of discussion on this topic you're the first one to have expressed this sentiment.

DisDan

Clever. Really, honestly a brilliant observation. So good. I bet it went just like that. And you know what else? In 80 pages of discussion on this topic you're the first one to have expressed this sentiment.

Sorry, Just sort of had a day dream about the creative process in arriving at where we are with this attraction. :|

DisDan

You haven't. even. seen. it. yet. How about we actually RIDE THE RIDE before we go off on how low quality it is and how much it sucks?
Yes, even if the attraction is great it will still be a nightmare in that area of the park. Actually more so if is done well. This will be extremely popular

lazyboy97o

just for the record, the designer designing the attraction is a talented European and is working hard to make sure the design is related to Norway. If Tony Baxter can praise him as well as he has, and give such postive remarks on how beautiful and well done its going to be, Im willing to see how it turns out.
Tony spoke almost entirely about aesthetics, something nobody has doubted. He avoided the whole issue of content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom