Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEfx

Those are just freaking scary

And to think, that was in the 1980's...not the 1940's LOL.

This "EPCOT was supposed to have no characters" stuff is just silly. If you actually look into it a tiny bit, you see they always had them - these, Figment and Dreamfinder, etc. - it wasn't that EPCOT couldn't have characters, it was that originally, they were to be wholly unique to Epcot. So in the very first days of operation they didn't have traditional Disney characters, but again - that soon changed, too - Space Mickey and Minnie and their outfits with rainbows etc. were there within at least the first year, I think you'll find. Character Bus in WS a tiny bit after that.

TheOrangeBird01

Anyway ...

Has it been confirmed when the ride is set to open. Last I heard, it was just June. June seems pretty early considering what still has to be done on the outside of the ride. But maybe they can pull an Earful tower and finish construction over night. :joyfull:

Cesar R M

The parks have ALWAYS had a mix of original music and music from the movies. Do not kid yourself otherwise.
I still fail to see how an original song created for a cartoon not so based on real life stuff, can be used in the world showcase.
It has absolutely no historic and/or cultural relationship in any way other than being "frozen" related.

Cesar R M

#1 - They never said that. Complete fan invention.

#2 - Characters have been in Epcot since it opened in Future World, and since a year or two after they opened in World Showcase.
You mean foamheads or princesses related to stories of their respective countries? (except Morocco, since there is no areas about egypt, india, old messopotamia, saudi arabia..etc.. aka mideast)

Cesar R M

Aquavit is from Denmark, not Norway, that doesn't stop them from selling it at the pavilion.
Maybe they should have just done an Scandinavian and not just Norway area. With specified things for each country.
Same with Morocco, adding multiple countries that share similarities yet showing the differences in culture.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Aquavit is from Denmark, not Norway, that doesn't stop them from selling it at the pavilion.

Because clearly you have no clue either when it comes to Aquavit. Aquavit is very much a traditional Norweigan drink - still drunk with traditional holiday meals, celebrations, including the fatty foods and that's why it's there. Linie Aquavit is a norweigan thing. And aquavit's origin is not strictly of Demark, but of most of Scandinavia (which in the 1500s was all controlled by the Danes).

Trust me, you hang out with Norweigans in a party and it's not uncommon at all for them to throw some aquavit your way to watch the unchristened squirm.

The Carlsberg they sell as beer in the pavilion however... is just conglomerate garbage from Denmark :) They should have any of the regional beers like Ringnes, Aass, Hansa, etc. All which are great pilsnor type beers for a night out on the town.

Donaldfan1934

I clicked the ignored content link.. and now I regret it. Your statements above are categorically full of poop.

WFA making field trips to Norway does not make the Frozen story connected to Norway. The author of the story was a Dane, not Norsk. (who only visited Norway 25+ years after the Snow Queen was published).

Clearly Norway is part of Scandanavia, and the four country's histories and culture are well intertwined. But that isn't some blanket excuse that makes something equal to all.

If I make a play, play some Tchaikovsky music, and set the film in a cold winter where people wear fur... that doesn't make it a film about Russia, nor a film that represents Russian history or culture. Borrowing from Norway does not make the film about Norway -- end of discussion. Anyone who can't grasp that simple concept, needs to go back to school.

As crappy as Malestrom was.. and trust me.. I'm firmly in the 'it sucked' column... it firmly was in the Norweigan column. All this poo'ing on the oil rig scene in the last few pages has been comical. The oil boom is the single largest pillar under the modernization of Norway. It's significance is not just historical, but because the government has taken the approach of it's wealth should benefit all and for the future.. the creation of the oil fund has lead to a solid fiscal security for the entire country. It's the largest pension fund in the world. It represents the fiscal security of the country's future. These concepts don't resonate for americans because we have no such parallel and most probably think its some stupid exxon commercial.

Maelstrom sucked -- but it was very representative of key pieces of the Norweigan story and mindset. The narration alone about ideals and spirit ring so true. They respect history, culture, and morals so much more than many cultures. Just hang around Oslo (heck, just look at pictures) on constitution day and compare what you see there vs what you see from july 4th.

Maelstrom sucked - but it was about Norway.
You speak the truth. Another reason I think people comlain about oil rig scene is because it didn't flow with the rest of the ride. Then again, none of the ride did. You have the historical/folklore element of vikings combined with the folklore elememt of trolls next to the real world element of oil rigging and polar bears for some reason. While I'm definitely with everyone else on the fact that Frozen is a bad fit for the park and should've gone into MK, I honestly thought that Maelstrom was one of the bar none worst attractions on property. I felt that it was the absolute worst attraction in Epcot. And considering the state of the rest of the park, that alone should speak volumes on its awfulness. The ride felt like one of those bad dreams where everything is trippy in the absolute wrong ways and nothing makes any sense. I couldn't be more thrilled that its gone.

Last edited:

OldBlueEyes

Because clearly you have no clue either when it comes to Aquavit. Aquavit is very much a traditional Norweigan drink - still drunk with traditional holiday meals, celebrations, including the fatty foods and that's why it's there. Linie Aquavit is a norweigan thing. And aquavit's origin is not strictly of Demark, but of most of Scandinavia (which in the 1500s was all controlled by the Danes).

Trust me, you hang out with Norweigans in a party and it's not uncommon at all for them to throw some aquavit your way to watch the unchristened squirm.

The Carlsberg they sell as beer in the pavilion however... is just conglomerate garbage from Denmark :) They should have any of the regional beers like Ringnes, Aass, Hansa, etc. All which are great pilsnor type beers for a night out on the town.
Here's a good example of Norwegian "firebrew":
414-85855197-LYSHOLMLINIEAQUAVIT_M.jpg

OBE

Matt_Black

Yeah, and the Frozen soundtrack features a Norwegian composer. Guess which one people are arguing doesn't belong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom