Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

aladdin2007

As I was watching the stunning American Adventure, for the upteenth time Sunday night, I couldn't help but think "man, it wouldn't shock me if in another few years, Disney rips out this spectacle for some asinine cartoon polluted crap show" :(

I thought that same thing yesterday when I was there, thats an expensive show to maintain, Im sure TDO or chapek would love to nix it.

Bairstow

i dont know why i thought they were connected, thanks

If they're not, Disney did a fantastic job of making the systems look connected.

2681318d24eaececaadd88808aac7a87.jpg

WDW-Water-151.jpg

Bairstow

As I was watching the stunning American Adventure, for the upteenth time Sunday night, I couldn't help but think "man, it wouldn't shock me if in another few years, Disney rips out this spectacle for some asinine cartoon polluted crap show" :(
On the bright side, think of what Disney might be willing to do if they suddenly had 35 high-quality surplus animatronics in their hands.

JohnWD

I know we're purely in the realm of subjective taste here, but your opinion intrigues me.
Can you elaborate on what you think made Snow White a superior attraction to Maelstrom?
Wow - hard to explain... I like that it goes quickly from scene to scene. Each scene has a focus, that in the case of Snow White it scares. I feel it, then move on. I don't get a chance to analyze the ride itself because I'm in the story - not an observer. In Maelstrom I was am observer, able to analyze the ride instead of being immersed in the story.

Make sense? Anybody else have thoughts?

cheezbat

On the bright side, think of what Disney might be willing to do if they suddenly had 35 high-quality surplus animatronics in their hands.
Dumpster. Or maybe replace a few in Pirates or Spaceship Earth.

I wouldn't expect to see them used for anything worthwhile.

ThemeParkJunkee

I don't talk Disney with Hubby very often. In fact, I forgot to tell him about Frozenstrom. Yesterday, I showed him the pictures of Royal Somerhaus and the original Norway scene it was based on. He thought it was very well done. I told him this is where A&E will be meeting guests. He asked wher it was (expecting Fantasyland or DHS). When I told him it was the Norway pavilion. He nearly choked on his beer and blurted in EPCOT???

This led to a great discussion on stroller capacity and F&W. The look on his face was priceless.

spiritofNorway

So, I talked to my dad. What he described appears to be in the second picture without the plastic lightning. He said it was a xenon lamp (the kind in movie projectors) mounted on a stand. A small battery would charge at regular intervals then discharge the lamp.

He said the problem with the setup wasn't complexity, as I guess the controller was pretty simple. The issue was the height of the room and location of the device high up next to the oil platform; condensation would build up on the ceiling then drip down all over the electronic components, causing frequent shorts. He'd regularly have to change out capacitors and occasionally rewire.

The strobe/plastic lightning setup was after his time there. He figured it was because they got tired of repairing the xenon setup.

Re a tesla coil, he laughed and ask "Where do you get this stuff?"

Thank you so much for clearing this up once and for all!
I have been "fighting" a lot with the "Tesla-believers"... hah

Kate F

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but how exactly are we going to be able to determine whether the ride is a success or a failure? Because of the capacity issues, the lines will be long no matter what, so then how do we determine the ride's popularity?

rreading

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but how exactly are we going to be able to determine whether the ride is a success or a failure? Because of the capacity issues, the lines will be long no matter what, so then how do we determine the ride's popularity?

...assuming that it ever opens...

I would assume that guest satisfaction would be paramount. And that, due to the ride's long lines, there may be quite a few "that was it?" responses.

So I can imagine it easily being a failure.

lazyboy97o

Themed entertainment is a creative endeavor and there is no direct relationship between creative success and popularity.

NearTheEars

I would assume that guest satisfaction would be paramount. And that, due to the ride's long lines, there may be quite a few "that was it?" responses.

If guest satisfaction is the only measure, then we'll never know. Disney won't release any survey info.

Any poll taken here will be overwhelming negative, even if this attraction was a home run and included something new or innovative (which honestly is not likely).

I expect it to be average. But I won't know for a long time as I'm not waiting 2+ hours to find out.

Really wish they would have given this IP its own, new expansion.

rreading

If guest satisfaction is the only measure, then we'll never know. Disney won't release any survey info.

Any poll taken here will be overwhelming negative, even if this attraction was a home run and included something new or innovative (which honestly is not likely).

I expect it to be average. But I won't know for a long time as I'm not waiting 2+ hours to find out.

Really wish they would have given this IP its own, new expansion.

FP+?

Will have to book it at 60d, but should make it available, right?

NearTheEars

FP+?

Will have to book it at 60d, but should make it available, right?

Just an AP, so what do I get? 30 days? I don't even know. I've never set any up more than a week out. Typically the day before.

When 7DMT opened I was able to get a single FP+ for it maybe a month or so after. I went without my wife, and she wasn't too happy ha.

JohnWD

Do you think guests ever reacted that way to maelstrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom