Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacemt354

Chili's
...assuming that it ever opens...

I would assume that guest satisfaction would be paramount. And that, due to the ride's long lines, there may be quite a few "that was it?" responses.

So I can imagine it easily being a failure.
It's really up to the individual

I would judge the location in Norway as being a failure of design, but the ride is independent of that.

If people go in with unrealistic expectations, then they may be disappointed. But if you go into it knowing there will be capacity issues and that it's not going to be a long ride, then you're probably going to get what you expect.

rreading

Do you think guests ever reacted that way to maelstrom?

Tough to call; rarely did we ever wait long for it. But yes - as much as I wish they weren't gutting it and prefer minimal intrusion of MK content into ANY of Epcot - I distinctly remember being quite underwhelmed. Once I accepted it for what it was did I enjoy it more.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but how exactly are we going to be able to determine whether the ride is a success or a failure? Because of the capacity issues, the lines will be long no matter what, so then how do we determine the ride's popularity?
I dont think there is any true measure of "success or failure" in terms of an attraction. There are more factors at play than just the ride itself. Goofy Barnstormer is not much of a thrill for me, but I ride it with my niece and nephews just to watch their faces light up with excitement and then watch them laugh and talk about it while we walk on the exit pathway and they beg to ride it again if its a short line, and then we all run back to the queue. For me, that makes the attraction a winner. Not because I enjoy the ride itself, but for the experience with the young ones.

As I watch them, I cant help but remember those same types of moments I shared with my brother and sisters when we were there as kids. Thats the Disney magic that Iger cant destroy or up charge for. There is no cupcake design for that, no special event, no pre planning. Just pure Disney magic.

Goofyernmost

We've Just Begun to Dream
Tomorrows Child
New Horizons
It's Fun to be Free
One Little Spark
Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit
Golden Dream

Let it go.

Idiots.
Marni... I have no idea who or what you are responding too. Without that that list seems lacking, at least for me.

Goofyernmost

I zoomed the second photo to see if I could spot a seam in the water...but the sight of that filthy boat distracted me :eek:
Man, isn't that the truth, if the Vikings would have spent less time plundering other countries and built a few good boat wash areas, it would be a lot more authentic. In other words, if memory serves they have always looked like that because in the time and story, no one would have taken the time to spit shine one of those boats. Or did Disney design them that way like the villages in AK?

Matt_Black

It's a list of classic EPCOT Center anthems.

And Frozen.

Comparable to saying The Empire State Building, Petronas Twin Towers, The Shard and the 7/11 on 192.

I'm sorry, HOW many Academy Awards has 7-11 won? Let's see... Oh, right ZERO. [Zoidberg]Your comparison is bad, and you should feel bad![/Zoidberg]

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Hmm yeah fast pass is now available for Anna and Elsa the first week of June in the MK (not Epcot) so not sure if this tells us the ride will be later again or what.

My hope is ride will open June 1 and characters will move later

JourneysEnd

Hmm yeah fast pass is now available for Anna and Elsa the first week of June in the MK (not Epcot) so not sure if this tells us the ride will be later again or what.

My hope is ride will open June 1 and characters will move later
I'm hoping June 1st too but I'm betting on June 16th with Soarin.

zooey

Did this debacle all happen because of corporate sponsorships? Im just curious how Disney sees the relationship between the pavilions and the sponsors. When whatever Norwegian company refused to re-sponsor, they changed it to Frozen, more or less dumbing down that country and Disnefying it. Is it showing other sponsors that if they leave this is what will happen? Or do the sponsors even care? Does Disney even care? I'm just curious if that has anything to do with this. As if they're saying, "hey we don't just advertise your country for free..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom