Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyRoy

Something like this. All the families who could never find anything to do at Epcot or failed to grasp the concept of why it was different from the MK will now visit strictly for this ride.

View attachment 128813

and expect this as well...

View attachment 128814

:eek:

What is this from and tell me what I need to do to avoid it?!?!?!

That really is my largest concern. There simply is not enough space inside the building to hold a 200+ minute cue line. The building isn't large enough so the line will extend outside making the entire area a real mess to enjoy and navigate. I fully expect lines to stretch to the Mexico or China pavilions for the first few weeks or months.

And I bet the lines will extend PAST China into the Trading Post. Or going the other way past Mexico back to where Duffy used to meet.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
How available is the space between Akershus and Nine Dragons? Google maps shows an access route between these two locations, but if it is minimally used or could be diverted elsewhere, could this space be used for a temporary queue? Would seem if you used this space in addition to the space indoors, you could have enough area for a two hour queue without being too much in the way of anything else...

Capture.PNG

danlb_2000

Premium Member
How available is the space between Akershus and Nine Dragons? Google maps shows an access route between these two locations, but if it is minimally used or could be diverted elsewhere, could this space be used for a temporary queue? Would seem if you used this space in addition to the space indoors, you could have enough area for a two hour queue without being too much in the way of anything else...

View attachment 128820

I am thinking the queue will be something like this...

Capture.JPG

wdwgreek

I have a hard time considering TT 2.0 a new attraction because, aside from the whole crash test dummy concept being removed, it's still pretty much the same ride, just with a few different effects. Frozen is supposedly not going to have any resemblance to Maelstrom whatsoever, aside from being on the same track.
Is The many advetrnutres of Winnie the Pooh the same ride as Mr Toads? I would argue Test track 1.0 and 2.0 is a resigning, but Maelstrom to Frozen is an entirely different ride in the way Pooh is different then Toad, same track different everything else. Test track is the same track, same theme, same speed, same show scenes with different paint jobs.

Kate F

Is The many advetrnutres of Winnie the Pooh the same ride as Mr Toads? I would argue Test track 1.0 and 2.0 is a resigning, but Maelstrom to Frozen is an entirely different ride in the way Pooh is different then Toad, same track different everything else. Test track is the same track, same theme, same speed, same show scenes with different paint jobs.
That's pretty much what I said though, isn't it? I said that Test Track is pretty much the same ride whereas Frozen is supposed to be completely different from Maelstrom.

aladdin2007

Same ride system same layout. Different visuals. So Frozenstrom is comparable to both Test Tracks.

Winnie the Pooh however is nothing like Toad was.

They downsized show space for Pooh didn't they? I remember the huge night village room in Toad where two cars would careen through it at the same time, and that whole space seems gone.

Goofyernmost

They did. Once again for your pleasure and entertainment...

View attachment 128837

wow what a shame compared to what was, very interesting comparison.
What am I missing here... it looks to me like it is either the same length, in a different direction, as Toad or it looks like Toad was longer but it had two tracks and you didn't ride them both at the same time did you? Pooh is spread out over the entire area practically which accounts for more 3D scenes.

doctornick

What am I missing here... it looks to me like it is either the same length, in a different direction, as Toad or it looks like Toad was longer but it had two tracks and you didn't ride them both at the same time did you? Pooh is spread out over the entire area practically which accounts for more 3D scenes.

Toad had two different tracks that were basically separate rides. So, yes, one ride of Pooh is longer/goes through more of the building that either of the Toad tracks individually. But Martin's illustration shows how more of the building was used as show space for Toad than is currently being used for Pooh -- why didn't they just make Pooh longer and add more scenes?

Goofyernmost

Toad had two different tracks that were basically separate rides. So, yes, one ride of Pooh is longer/goes through more of the building that either of the Toad tracks individually. But Martin's illustration shows how more of the building was used as show space for Toad than is currently being used for Pooh -- why didn't they just make Pooh longer and add more scenes?
Maybe because it didn't need to be any bigger. All you are seeing is the ride path not the space that the scenes use up.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Maybe because it didn't need to be any bigger. All you are seeing is the ride path not the space that the scenes use up.
WDW Pooh has a retail store, queue area, storerooms, unused room, an office (!) and 10% unused other space on what used to be ride track. Hence the space used for ride is less.

See Tokyo for how to do a proper Pooh ride. Shoehorning an inferior version into a preexisting area brings us back on topic for this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom