Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monoblanco13

I never knew about the Luxo animatronic, just saw a video on youtube its neat hope it comes back in some form. Why is it that he came up on the Frozen Ever After threads though?

Phil12

Not exactly. The legal settlement was only for selling an imitation lamp as part of an Up DVD promotion.

The settlement was passed in November 2009. The Animatronic was performing until April 2010.
"Luxo filed a lawsuit yesterday in New York federal court against Pixar and Disney accusing the companies of infringing on its copyright by selling a limited-edition "Luxo Jr." lamp packaged with a Blu-ray version of the Disney-Pixar "Up." The complaint also cites a new attraction at Walt Disney World that is a six-foot animatronic version of the lamp." http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/ent...o-sues-and-disney-over-hopping-character.html

"Along with damages and attorneys' fees, Luxo is asking that any Luxo Jr. lamps, packaging and markings, as well as the materials used to produce them, be destroyed." http://www.law360.com/articles/120876/luxo-seeks-off-switch-on-disney-pixar-lamp-sales

The bottom line is that all Luxo Jr. lamps had to be destroyed under the terms of the settlement including the giant animatronic at WDW. The lawsuit did not just cover the Luxo Jr. lamps that were part of the DVD promotion.

The case is Luxo AS v. The Walt Disney Co. et al., case number 09-07689, in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The bottom line is that all Luxo Jr. lamps had to be destroyed under the terms of the settlement including the giant animatronic at WDW. The lawsuit did not just cover the Luxo Jr. lamps that were part of the DVD promotion.
I read all that too. That being the case I wonder why did the AA continue to run until April 2010 when it was damaged, when the lawsuit was resolved in October 2009?

Phil12

I read all that too. That being the case I wonder why did the AA continue to run until April 2010 when it was damaged, when the lawsuit was resolved in October 2009?
Because it wasn't resolved in October 2009. The lawsuit was filed on September 3, 2009. As I'm sure you know the courts don't act quickly on such cases. Disney knew they'd lose the case so they settled as quickly as possible. But the actual settlement didn't happen until April, 2010. On September 10, 2009 they had the initial pretrial conference and then on November 3, 2009 the notice of voluntary dismissal was filed.
Also, we don't know the exact terms of the settlement because (as usual) the settlement terms were kept confidential so as not to disparage TWDC. Therefore we don't know the exact date of the settlement or the exact date Luxo Jr. had to be removed. Nor do we know about any monetary damages. As lawsuits go, this thing was settled very fast!

It would seem that the report about the damage to the animatronic coincidentally happened at or about the same time the lawsuit was settled. Of course since the settlement is not a public document, I guess we just have to take the word of TWDC as to why they removed Luxo Jr.
https://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/new-york/nysdce/1:2009cv07689/351574/1

PizzaPlanet

Hey guys, are you still able to do the Phineas and Ferb mission in Norway? I remember part of it being in the Maestrom gift shop, so I'm guessing no.

roj2323

The Hogwarts Express is a train simulator, it is not a train.
technically it's still a train because it's multiple wheeled vehicles lashed together. This is why those crazy Australian semi's are called road trains. Also rollercoasters use the term trains and you could even argue that Disney parking lot Trams are trains.

Clamman73

image.jpeg

cbconglom

Multiple cast members in Norway told me though the frozen ride was supposed to open in April it's delayed til June. Anyone else here this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom