Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike S

Sorry if this was mentioned already in the thread but I was told by a couple of sources that being behind schedule and budget cuts has actually changed the entire attraction. Apparently it will no longer be as magical as expected or as glorious as they mentioned. My personal thing on this would be that Disney at this point just wants to release the attraction to bring in more numbers and to say "hey look we finally have a new attraction for you"
My only question here would be, it was actually going to be glorious? Never expected that in my life.

Fox&Hound

I promise I am not trolling or looking to knock this ride, but was there ever talk of using the existing building and expanding beyond the footprint? Whether it involved another lift hill or not, we can can all agree this ride would benefit from being longer. Was this ever seriously considered or did Disney just decide to redo Maelstrom because it is cheaper?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I promise I am not trolling or looking to knock this ride, but was there ever talk of using the existing building and expanding beyond the footprint? Whether it involved another lift hill or not, we can can all agree this ride would benefit from being longer. Was this ever seriously considered or did Disney just decide to redo Maelstrom because it is cheaper?
Never discussed.

Maelstrom was due an overhaul. They went with this instead of a planned faithful update sympathetic to the pavilion and the park.

Epcot is hurting. Festivals keep it afloat. This is a knee jerk quick fix reaction to keep people coming. And to heck with theme, story and placement.

Phil12

Never discussed.

Maelstrom was due an overhaul. They went with this instead of a planned faithful update sympathetic to the pavilion and the park.

Epcot is hurting. Festivals keep it afloat. This is a knee jerk quick fix reaction to keep people coming. And to heck with theme, story and placement.
That's because theme, story and placement are highly overrated. Epcot is doing just fine. Hodgepodge is the exciting entertainment of the future!

doctornick

Looks like June 2016 now. Unless WDI makes a major push to get it done for the Spring.

When is Soarin' expected to be down? It seems crazy if they have both Soarin' down and don't have Frozen Ever After up to help pick up some of the capacity. Spring break times are going to be horrible when the park is busy.

AmUK

Sorry if this was mentioned already in the thread but I was told by a couple of sources that being behind schedule and budget cuts has actually changed the entire attraction. Apparently it will no longer be as magical as expected or as glorious as they mentioned. My personal thing on this would be that Disney at this point just wants to release the attraction to bring in more numbers and to say "hey look we finally have a new attraction for you"

Blame lies soley with BOB 'corporate profits' IGER.

bob-iger.jpg

The sooner he goes the better the parks will be.

Rteetz

When is Soarin' expected to be down? It seems crazy if they have both Soarin' down and don't have Frozen Ever After up to help pick up some of the capacity. Spring break times are going to be horrible when the park is busy.
Soarin is down from Jan. 4th to summer 2016...

Mike C

Define "massively," Jordan. Or at the very least start providing some sources for your litany of b#ll#cks. I'm no fan of TWDC, but your spouting off is little more than that....

He's correct the original plans also included an large upgrade of the existing Fantasyland as well as the new parts (mainly to avoid the stark contrast that currently exists between old and new Fantasyland), and the coaster was in and out at different sizes as well. The upgrade of existing Fantasyland got cut, and so did the coaster, but it came back. (This was before the announced pixie hollow adjustment)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Notice how the regular posters don't want to mention this. They KNOW that Fantasy Land was scaled back but dare not mention it here (even though it's been discussed so many time about how it was scaled back), as it infringes on their stead fast loyalty to Disney.

It's consumers like yourselves who would excuse Bob Iger from never building Star Wars Land, as we have Launch Bay and that's good enough to yourselves.

The sad and utter betrayal of the parks is down to one man - BOB IGER. He's single handedly ruined the parks from Walt's original vision, and a complete lack of crass when it comes to investing.
And some have already acknowledged that fact, or were the ones to provide the info in the first place. And some simply don't care anymore. But where are your vaunted sources for this latest round of prattle, Jordan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom