Trip Report No rain, no lines, no crowds, no ADR's, no fastpasses, lots of fun and pool time.

OK, so I am starting my very first trip report. We went Sept. 7-15 and stayed offsite the first night then 7 nights in a one bedroom at Bay Lake Tower. This was an anniversary trip...she has tolerated me for 31 years of marriage now...something that still amazes me.
The first day we arrived around lunch time after driving through masses of lovebugs. We got there during what I understand is the beginning of the fall lovebug season. Wife's new car, white with lots of front bumper space, was covered in the little pains in the you-know-what. We stopped at a couple of gas stations just to top off the tank and try to clean them off a bit (felt we should add a bit of gas since we were using their window cleaner and water and paper towels).
Arrived at DTD, which has become our traditional first stop, and enjoyed the afternoon. Later went to the offsite room, checked in, freshened up a bit then back to DTD for the evening.
Ate at Earl of Sandwich a couple of times on this trip. Walked around, did some shopping, looked at the construction, or I should say at this point construction preparation and deconstruction, and back to the room early after a long day.

The cast of characters for this trip are Mr. and Mrs. epcotisbest, seen here at Epcot last Wednesday with a couple of other suspicious looking characters:
IMG_7840.JPG

We are hopeful for the changes coming to DTD, but hope it does not become too much of a shopping mall. Time will tell.
We like Rainforest Cafe and saw the remodeled volcano for the first time. It seems to me a company that talks about the environment a lot is not very environmentally friendly with all the gas used in the eruptions...just sayin'.

IMG_7502.JPG

We have gone to WDW and not carried a camera, we have so many pics already, but decided to take my wife's little Canon point and shoot this trip. Left the Nikon DSLR at home. Quit carrying it a long time ago. The Canon did OK.

Plenty more to come, a little at a time.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
I really really like your pace for the most part. Little bit too much relaxing for me but I would have loved to have just relaxed and kinda "float" around like you two did. It was just SO busy while we were there. I had planned to relax a lot more this trip but with the madness I just simply could not do it.
We do have a much slower pace than we used to, but I think as we slowed down our enjoyment of the trip has gone up. I like the term "floating" around you used and that is a good description of our non-park days. We have gotten spoiled by the very low crowd level in early Sept...keep it quiet...let's not tell anyone.
Thank you for reading my TR.

Last edited:

epcotisbest

Original Poster
That was probably the best trip report i've read! Great pictures, reminds me of when we like to go with very little crowds.
Wow, that is quite a compliment. There are a lot of good trip reports on here. Low crowds makes for a much more pleasant trip, at least for us. Thank you for the kind words and for reading along.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
We do have a much slower pace than we used to, but I think as we slowed down our enjoyment of the trip has gone up. I like the term "floating" around you used and that is a good description of our non-park days. We have gotten spoiled by the very low crowd level in early Sept...keep it quiet...let's not tell anyone.
Than you for reading my TR.

No problem man.

Haha yeah going in October was a HUGE mistake this year. Never ever again.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
When we stopped at the Florida Welcome Center on I-75 they had coupons for a free Shutterfly book. Only charge was shipping and handling. Used the coupon and made the photo book last week and got it in the mail today! Used most of the pics in this TR, along with others not on here. Turned out great.

Figgy1

Premium Member
When we stopped at the Florida Welcome Center on I-75 they had coupons for a free Shutterfly book. Only charge was shipping and handling. Used the coupon and made the photo book last week and got it in the mail today! Used most of the pics in this TR, along with others not on here. Turned out great.
Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gotta love free stuff! A lesson from @real mad hatter. LOL

jlsHouston

So that will about wrap it up for a wonderful week at our favorite place: Thank you for reading. I know I probably bored many of you but this is kinda how we do things now...and we love it. We do it our way, and that works for us.

I'll wrap this TR up with a link to my all time favorite version of my all time favorite song...and I do wish you were here.

Love love love the guitar picking...

jlsHouston

OMG..this was a great TR...thanks for the link to it. I'm a resort freak too...I always feel guilty when I skip the parks an entire day, but I I don't really regret it. I hate crowds but I always go when it's crowded because my travel partners are CiCi and Jayce and I never want to have to explain why Nana is at WDW and they are noto_O
I can't wait to stay at BLT. Now noise doesn't even bother me...I trained myself about 30 years ago..well maybe it was 28, my youngest is 29, I think right around when she was 1 trained myself to tune the world out....never lost that skill...
Anyways loved your pics, loved your dialogue and insights and the pool pics...we love doing pool time too.
And if I am staying on a DVC point purchase, do I get to go to Top of the World ?
Also I didn't know DVC members could pool jump, BUT we were told last summer when we were at the POLY we could go to the GF or CONT for the hot tub...so of course we went to the GF...
Anyways thanks again for sharing!!

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Don't know where Ive been but just now reading your TR. This is great. You two look like the best and I love your pics and comments. I am with you 100% about the Test Track. I got to page 10. Will have to continue tomorrow.
Thank you for the kind words.

DisneyDreamer08

Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed reading this! My husband and I are in our 30's and have been to Disney twice together. We are, as you mentioned in the beginning, that couple who gets to the park when it opens, and runs from ride to ride all day long. We are currently planning a trip for November, we have a 3 year old who has never been so this will be her first trip (she will be almost 4) and our first trip with a child. We know our touring will be different, most likely riding the same few rides over & over with some character meet & greets sprinkled in. It was fun reading about your laid back, relaxing, resort touring trip. It actually sounds really fun. I hope my husband and I can take a similar trip someday :)

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed reading this! My husband and I are in our 30's and have been to Disney twice together. We are, as you mentioned in the beginning, that couple who gets to the park when it opens, and runs from ride to ride all day long. We are currently planning a trip for November, we have a 3 year old who has never been so this will be her first trip (she will be almost 4) and our first trip with a child. We know our touring will be different, most likely riding the same few rides over & over with some character meet & greets sprinkled in. It was fun reading about your laid back, relaxing, resort touring trip. It actually sounds really fun. I hope my husband and I can take a similar trip someday :)
Have a wonderful trip in November! I'Il bet the first trip with your child will be extra magical. I'm sure you will be able to take a relaxing trip someday. We have actually talked with some people by the pools who tell us their kids prefer pool time to park time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom