Trip Report No rain, no lines, no crowds, no ADR's, no fastpasses, lots of fun and pool time.

OK, so I am starting my very first trip report. We went Sept. 7-15 and stayed offsite the first night then 7 nights in a one bedroom at Bay Lake Tower. This was an anniversary trip...she has tolerated me for 31 years of marriage now...something that still amazes me.
The first day we arrived around lunch time after driving through masses of lovebugs. We got there during what I understand is the beginning of the fall lovebug season. Wife's new car, white with lots of front bumper space, was covered in the little pains in the you-know-what. We stopped at a couple of gas stations just to top off the tank and try to clean them off a bit (felt we should add a bit of gas since we were using their window cleaner and water and paper towels).
Arrived at DTD, which has become our traditional first stop, and enjoyed the afternoon. Later went to the offsite room, checked in, freshened up a bit then back to DTD for the evening.
Ate at Earl of Sandwich a couple of times on this trip. Walked around, did some shopping, looked at the construction, or I should say at this point construction preparation and deconstruction, and back to the room early after a long day.

The cast of characters for this trip are Mr. and Mrs. epcotisbest, seen here at Epcot last Wednesday with a couple of other suspicious looking characters:
IMG_7840.JPG

We are hopeful for the changes coming to DTD, but hope it does not become too much of a shopping mall. Time will tell.
We like Rainforest Cafe and saw the remodeled volcano for the first time. It seems to me a company that talks about the environment a lot is not very environmentally friendly with all the gas used in the eruptions...just sayin'.

IMG_7502.JPG

We have gone to WDW and not carried a camera, we have so many pics already, but decided to take my wife's little Canon point and shoot this trip. Left the Nikon DSLR at home. Quit carrying it a long time ago. The Canon did OK.

Plenty more to come, a little at a time.

smk

Just finished reading your report, it was wonderful! My husband has a bad back too and is a diabetic and we take our trips much slower than we would have years ago, much slower! We have pool days, resort hopping days and I find it so much more enjoyable. Our wedding anniversary is September 26, 33 years this year for us. We have celebrated each of the last ten years in WDW. Thanks for taking me on your trip, it was fun!

DebDeb

I'm a bit late reading your report, but loving it! Sure do hope our upcoming trip in September has the same horrific crowd levels! LOL! We usually go in the heat of the summer with a million other sweaty folks! No offence sweaty folks! We're from Texas so we're used to the heat too! We went last November the weekend before Thanksgiving and the crowds were ok, but the weather was greatness! We're going in July (9 MORE DAYS) on a big family trip, and in September on a sweetheart trip! You're making the September trip look like heaven!

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Just finished reading your report, it was wonderful! My husband has a bad back too and is a diabetic and we take our trips much slower than we would have years ago, much slower! We have pool days, resort hopping days and I find it so much more enjoyable. Our wedding anniversary is September 26, 33 years this year for us. We have celebrated each of the last ten years in WDW. Thanks for taking me on your trip, it was fun!
Thank you. We slowed down years ago and that has actually improved our trips tremendously.
32 years for us this coming Sept. Congrats on 33.
Pool days and resort hopping are so much fun.
Have a wonderful anniversary.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
I'm a bit late reading your report, but loving it! Sure do hope our upcoming trip in September has the same horrific crowd levels! LOL! We usually go in the heat of the summer with a million other sweaty folks! No offence sweaty folks! We're from Texas so we're used to the heat too! We went last November the weekend before Thanksgiving and the crowds were ok, but the weather was greatness! We're going in July (9 MORE DAYS) on a big family trip, and in September on a sweetheart trip! You're making the September trip look like heaven!
While it is still very warm and humid in Sept., the low crowd levels more than make up for it. November weather is much cooler, but I think you will enjoy Sept. too. Have a wonderful trip and thanks for reading my TR.

BJones82

More wedding chapel pics:

View attachment 32670

Outside at wedding chapel:

View attachment 32671

We are getting married there in Oct of 2015, I know this is an old trip report just reading but I will say that the DVC area does not take away at all from the Wedding Pavilion, but that could be because we never were on the grounds of the Wedding Pavilion without DVC being there :/

Again sorry to dig up an old post lol!!

epcotisbest

Original Poster
We are getting married there in Oct of 2015, I know this is an old trip report just reading but I will say that the DVC area does not take away at all from the Wedding Pavilion, but that could be because we never were on the grounds of the Wedding Pavilion without DVC being there :/

Again sorry to dig up an old post lol!!
It is a beautiful area. Congratulations, October will be here before you know it.

Durkoefc

Thanks for the link on my recent post. Great TR and great pics. We've had trips in late July, late August, October and December but this looks a really quiet time to visit. Did the parks get busier in the afternoons/evenings or was it pretty much laid back all day? I don't mind this but my kids are saying it looks too quiet Can't seem to win ha ha
Thanks again

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Thanks for the link on my recent post. Great TR and great pics. We've had trips in late July, late August, October and December but this looks a really quiet time to visit. Did the parks get busier in the afternoons/evenings or was it pretty much laid back all day? I don't mind this but my kids are saying it looks too quiet Can't seem to win ha ha
Thanks again
Thanks for the kind words. For us, there is no such thing as too quiet at Disney. As for busier evenings in Sept., no not in my experience, except for Epcot, with people hopping there later in the day for Illuminations.

Chef Mickey

We explored Future World for awhile, just taking it in. Looked around for some leftover Flower and Garden festival merchandise and found very little. Went by the Starbucks just to see what it looked like. Never had anything from Starbucks ever, and no reason to start now. Watched the fountain show and it always amazes.
Headed over to Test Track and TT 2.0 was the disappointment of the trip. Oh, it was OK, I suppose, but the design bit, just standing around in a room with some touch screens, creating a car design I could care less about was underwhelming at best. I did like the old line where, to me it was very interesting seeing all the crash test display dummies. For me I think I like the other much better than this new version. I did notice a lot of people having a very good time designing their vehicles. To me it was much less interesting than the old que through to the ride. Anyway, the changes inside on the ride were even more disappointing. Let's make it dark, take out most of the interesting testing stuff and just toss in some neon. Won't cost a lot and most people will be wowed by it.

To us, this is now the best part of the ride. I used to consider this part just a bonus to all the interesting stuff prior to getting to this point:

View attachment 33210
Couldn't agree more on Test Track 2.0.

The crazy, overly complex and overdone "pre-show" is old after the first time when you realize there is almost 0 connection between that and the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom