Trip Report No rain, no lines, no crowds, no ADR's, no fastpasses, lots of fun and pool time.

OK, so I am starting my very first trip report. We went Sept. 7-15 and stayed offsite the first night then 7 nights in a one bedroom at Bay Lake Tower. This was an anniversary trip...she has tolerated me for 31 years of marriage now...something that still amazes me.
The first day we arrived around lunch time after driving through masses of lovebugs. We got there during what I understand is the beginning of the fall lovebug season. Wife's new car, white with lots of front bumper space, was covered in the little pains in the you-know-what. We stopped at a couple of gas stations just to top off the tank and try to clean them off a bit (felt we should add a bit of gas since we were using their window cleaner and water and paper towels).
Arrived at DTD, which has become our traditional first stop, and enjoyed the afternoon. Later went to the offsite room, checked in, freshened up a bit then back to DTD for the evening.
Ate at Earl of Sandwich a couple of times on this trip. Walked around, did some shopping, looked at the construction, or I should say at this point construction preparation and deconstruction, and back to the room early after a long day.

The cast of characters for this trip are Mr. and Mrs. epcotisbest, seen here at Epcot last Wednesday with a couple of other suspicious looking characters:
IMG_7840.JPG

We are hopeful for the changes coming to DTD, but hope it does not become too much of a shopping mall. Time will tell.
We like Rainforest Cafe and saw the remodeled volcano for the first time. It seems to me a company that talks about the environment a lot is not very environmentally friendly with all the gas used in the eruptions...just sayin'.

IMG_7502.JPG

We have gone to WDW and not carried a camera, we have so many pics already, but decided to take my wife's little Canon point and shoot this trip. Left the Nikon DSLR at home. Quit carrying it a long time ago. The Canon did OK.

Plenty more to come, a little at a time.

twinfo3728

I really enjoyed your trip report. A perfect report for my Sunday morning reading. I love how you took on the world. You and your wife are a beautiful couple. I can see my husband and I following in your footsteps in a few years. Until then I will do my best to keep up with my DS 7 and look forward more relaxing trips like yours. Thank you for sharing.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
I really enjoyed your trip report. A perfect report for my Sunday morning reading. I love how you took on the world. You and your wife are a beautiful couple. I can see my husband and I following in your footsteps in a few years. Until then I will do my best to keep up with my DS 7 and look forward more relaxing trips like yours. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you for the kind words. Relaxing trips are becoming the norm for us, but then we don't have a DS to keep up with!

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
What a wonderful, charming report, and a wonderful, charming couple you are!! I have been to Disney 10 times or so, my hubby only once when he was little. So our Disneymoon in 20 days is our first trip (hopefully of many) together, and you two look like you have the model trip! Thanks so much for sharing!

LuLaSue

Imagination, Imagination. A dream can be a dream come true. With just that spark, in me and you.

One little spark of inspiration, is at the heart of all creation. Right at the start, of everything that's new, one little spark, lights up for you.

Two tiny wings, eyes big and yellow, horns of a steer, but a lovable fellow. From head to tail, he's royal purple pigment, and there, viola! You've got a figment!

Imagination, imagination. A dream, can be, a dream come true. With just that spark, in me and you!

Imagination. Imagination. A dream can be a dream come true. With just one spark in me and you.

We all have sparks. Imaginations. That's how our minds create creations. So they can make our wildest dreams come true. Those little sparks in me and you.
This!!! Makes me smile!

epcotisbest

Original Poster
What a wonderful, charming report, and a wonderful, charming couple you are!! I have been to Disney 10 times or so, my hubby only once when he was little. So our Disneymoon in 20 days is our first trip (hopefully of many) together, and you two look like you have the model trip! Thanks so much for sharing!
Thank you. I hope your first trip together is magical and the first of many trips to follow.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
So after being home from this trip for a few weeks now, looking back we liked BLT just fine, but it is probably not going to be a repeat like VWL. I think I would put it somewhere toward the bottom of our list of DVC places we have stayed. Did not dislike it by any means, and the location is very good. I don't know exactly how to describe it, but the feel was just not as magical as some others we have been to. Did we like it? Yes, very much. Are there others we have liked better? Again, yes.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Recently booked a week at Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort for this December. It will be an even more relaxing trip, though we are going to Savannah and Beaufort for a couple of day trips. Would anyone like some pics from HHI for a mini trip report or would that even be OK here on a WDW site?
Yes, I'd love a TR. And I think it would be more than ok seeing you're staying on points.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Amazing trip report! It's always very interesting to me to see pics with little to no crowds. We just might have to give that week a shot sometime!
Thank you for reading. It is a good week to go crowd wise, and this year very good weather wise as well. Last year at the same time it rained every day. Still we like early Sept. as good as any time we've ever been.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I really really like your pace for the most part. Little bit too much relaxing for me but I would have loved to have just relaxed and kinda "float" around like you two did. It was just SO busy while we were there. I had planned to relax a lot more this trip but with the madness I just simply could not do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom