Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
Well this is odd. Theme Park University just posted an article claiming that the permits Chip S. found on twitter are outdated, and that Mario and Donkey Kong aren’t coming to the Studios park at all.

http://themeparkuniversity.com/univ...-headed-universal-studios-florida-supposedly/

The article basically says that the permits have to be old because these permits say construction was supposed to start back in July, and as of right now, no construction has started at all. TPU then goes on to claim that, according to their sources, Mario and Donkey Kong are going into the new park on Uni’s new land, Zelda is going into IOA, and that Pokémon is going on the Kids Zone land in the Studios. I’m not necessarily saying this is true, I’m just reporting what TPU is claiming. Have any insiders here heard anything? @Disneyhead'71 @GiveMeTheMusic ?

Mike S

Well this is odd. Theme Park University just posted an article claiming that the permits Chip S. found on twitter are outdated, and that Mario and Donkey Kong aren’t coming to the Studios park at all.

http://themeparkuniversity.com/univ...-headed-universal-studios-florida-supposedly/

The article basically says that the permits have to be old because these permits say construction was supposed to start back in July, and as of right now, no construction has started at all. TPU then goes on to claim that, according to their sources, Mario and Donkey Kong are going into the new park on Uni’s new land, Zelda is going into IOA, and that Pokémon is going on the Kids Zone land in the Studios. I’m not necessarily saying this is true, I’m just reporting what TPU is claiming. Have any insiders here heard anything? @Disneyhead'71 @GiveMeTheMusic ?
Fake news. They’ve already gone through this on Orlando United.

clemmo

So is it just Mario kart and dk coaster in USF? I’m very confused at this point. Also I’d think if Nintendo does go into ioa it’d take over toon lagoon. Either way I’m beyond excited for this and all that’s going on at wdw going to be fun times ahead.

Mike S

So is it just Mario kart and dk coaster in USF? I’m very confused at this point. Also I’d think if Nintendo does go into ioa it’d take over toon lagoon. Either way I’m beyond excited for this and all that’s going on at wdw going to be fun times ahead.
This should help.
CB98C955-ADB7-4CBA-9D42-343673AEBA04.jpeg

Think of Yoshi as a PeopleMover type ride that goes into other buildings.

rd805

Thanks! So it seems mostly like what was originally planned more or less.

Yeah DK / MK are pretty much as expected-- i'm just confused about the Zelda Theatre concept art that was released a long time ago. That either is a WAY future project at another park, or scrapped.

UCF

Despite what Theme Park University thinks, you’re not going to pay to file permits for a dead project.
is the permitted employee parking garage expansion dead, which seems to have been replaced by a new surface lot on the new land during periods of demand and associated shuttle service? while its unlikely, it does happen, and if universal wants to make sure they meet their timeline and Kidzone is their plan B, its not too expensive to get that permit going, and reduces the risk of delays if things don't work out for any alternative plans they have.

lazyboy97o

is the permitted employee parking garage expansion dead, which seems to have been replaced by a new surface lot on the new land during periods of demand and associated shuttle service? while its unlikely, it does happen, and if universal wants to make sure they meet their timeline and Kidzone is their plan B, its not too expensive to get that permit going, and reduces the risk of delays if things don't work out for any alternative plans they have.
A parking garage is not very comparable to a themed land. The cost of simultaneously going through all of the phases of design for multiple locations doesn’t make sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom