1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando' started by Sped2424, May 7, 2015.

1. Cesar R M

Cesar R M Well-Known Member

I agree, It was weird that Poseidon had such insanely good queue, and the ride itself.. wasnt.. that good or...hmm.. how to say..
    while the special effects are nice, they are not very well embedded and looks visible and the low resolution and ancient cgi effects on the screens were immersion breaking..

Simbad.. I just.. couldn't digest it. Sat to see part of it..
    And it was a very weird mix between Fantasmic and Indiana Jones stunt show that.. well..

2. Mike S

Mike S Well-Known Member

Put Zelda or Pokémon in there and whichever one doesn't go there in Site B.

DarthFiscus75 likes this.
  3. Donald Razorduck

Donald Razorduck Well-Known Member

Looking at the new Ferrari Land at a former Uni Park is quite nice. Make a me realize that they want a US park. 4th gate. Comcast carries F1 rights in the States.

Anywho, my wife wants to go to Hawaii, the rest of us do to. It's half way to Japan. Hmmmmm...

Scoot Air and Air Asia X (Asian versions of Norwegian) are planning nonstops from Honolulu to Osaka. Hmmmmm.

The Boy and I want to see Nintendo land at earliest possible time. Hmmmm......

The boy and I can cut out from the girls for a couple of days, do Nintendo and get back before the flight back to the states.

Wheels turning.

4. Cesar R M

Cesar R M Well-Known Member

Zelda would fit imho. The whole water castle thing. Add some Zora giant shark guys for positive support

Mike S likes this.
  5. Corey P

Corey P Well-Known Member

Dubia in general is just expensive, built by a bunch of rich kids. All brand new and the city is very much built by rich kids who had very poor parents or grand parents. Vast wealth, building in a wasteland. The whole country really reminds me of trust fund babies. I don't like it. I don't think much of it. Ferrari Land? Do realize I think they large the largest buyers of Ferrari's. In fact they buy all the exotic cars, back to a bunch of trust fund babies.

F1 is not popular in the US BTW. World wide yes, US no. Go out on to the US streets and ask who Sebastian Vettel is. Good luck finding someone who does. Lewis Hamilton?

6. brb1006

brb1006 Well-Known Member

7. brb1006

8. brb1006

9. brb1006

Here's a fun fact about Super Nintendo World at Universal Studios Japan (and Later Hollywood and Orlando).
    -The land is planned to cost $60 BILLION yen for USJ! Making it one of the most expensive theme park lands ever created. ($546 million USD!)
    -It is opening in 2020 at Universal Studios Japan. Los Angeles and Orlando will get theirs in a latter date after the Japanese version.
    -It will feature a Mario Kart attraction! -The technology used in it will be the “world’s most advanced technology”.
    -The land will feature shops, restaurants and rides! The area is 2 stories tall. Super Nintendo World is being built in part of the Universal Studios Japan's parking lot. The area is described as being “interactive”
    -Bowser’s Castle and Peach’s Castle will both be built!

RandomPrincess, Cesar R M and Mike S like this.
  10. Bacon

Bacon Well-Known Member

I heard a rumor that Orlando's version will be in the form of a 3rd theme park (fourth if you can volcano bay) I doubt it. But I hope Nintendo will be amazing compared to the rest of the past attractions they've pumped out. I have hope cause Nintendo is working closely with Universal Creative.

11. Mike S

Mike S Well-Known Member

Nope. It's replacing Woody Woodpecker's KidZone in USF. There could be a second land in the third park based on a different Nintendo IP like Zelda though.

12. Casper Gutman

Casper Gutman Well-Known Member

I just have a difficult time seeing how a Zelda land would work. Unlike Mario, Zelda lacks a single, coherent aesthetic - do you base the game on Wind Waker? Breath of the Wild? Very different looks and tones. In addition, as far as I know (and I could be wrong here) but the only location that is largely consistent across games is Hyrule Castle, and Uni's about to have two Nintendo castles already. Then there's the character issue - Mario has a big cast of recurring characters, while Zelda has Link, Zelda, and Gannon.

I can see a second Nintendo land being an amalgamation of properties - Metroid, Pokemon, Zelda, etc. - but I can't necessarily see any of them supporting a land on its own. Pokemon might be able to do so.

Tom Morrow likes this.
  13. Mike S

Mike S Well-Known Member

Zelda would clearly be either Ocarina of Time or Breath of the Wild. They would go with success.

Cesar R M likes this.
  14. Casper Gutman

But Wind Waker has the most distinct aesthetic and Link to the Past has the nostalgia thing - isn't Breath a bit generic looking?

15. egg

egg Well-Known Member

Star Wars Land is planned to cost a billion dollars on each coast. Almost twice as much.

Both will be amazing, I am sure. But if SWL is not significantly better than Nintendo Land... that should cause some heads to turn.

DDLand likes this.
  16. Casper Gutman

Didn't Pandora cost more than twice as much as Diagon? Not saying Pandora isn't cool, but I still give Diagon the edge.

Isn't TSL also absurdly costly for what it is?

Disney has a problem with budgets.

RandomPrincess and Cesar R M like this.
  17. TheDad

TheDad Active Member

Yeah, but to be fair what was done at Pandora is not exactly Architectural 101.
    They are suspending a huge structure in the air that needs to be Hurricane, Earthquake all kinds of proof. Not to mention lighting affiliated with the land is quite impressive. Not sure about this, but didn't the 1/2 a billion also include River of Lights and the reconstructed Tree of Life?

Regarding Diagon Alley having the edge...That is a matter of personal taste I guess.
    Diagon may be more fun...but Aesthetically I give it to Pandora and thats not even close, but that is only my opinion

Kram Sacul likes this.
  18. Mike S

Mike S Well-Known Member

BotW is beautiful and both it and OoT are regarded as the best games in the series. They wouldn't make a land look 16 bit like LttP.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  19. Twilight_Roxas

Twilight_Roxas Well-Known Member

If they do take down Kidzone then E.T would have to be relocated.

20. JoeCamel

JoeCamel Well-Known Member

Maybe- maybe not?

Why do you post that?