Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

Mike S

Sounds like he's describing what I'd call a D+ for a non-thrill dark ride. Good company with the likes of Pooh's Hunny Hunt and 20k leagues at TDS. I'd have a hard time giving an E designation though to something so short (sub 4 minutes) without a big thrill component. Is that what people have previously been calling it? Even if it is amazing the comparisons with longer/more thrilling E's bog it down, doing it a disservice.

Hopefully there will be three attractions, Universal needs a good slew of family oriented D-ish tickets.
Yeah, Mario Kart and Yoshi have been described as Es and Donkey Kong as a D. Then some flat rides. Yoshi will only come if E.T. goes and JungleSkip seems confident that it will though I think that's just his gut feeling.

BrianLo

Yeah, Mario Kart and Yoshi have been described as Es and Donkey Kong as a D. Then some flat rides. Yoshi will only come if E.T. goes and JungleSkip seems confident that it will though I think that's just his gut feeling.

Hopefully! But yes they might want to dial that back a tad to keep expectations in check, if what he is describing is accurate.

Mike S

Hopefully! But yes they might want to dial that back a tad to keep expectations in check, if what he is describing is accurate.
You are one of the few people who doesn't consider Hunny Hunt to be an E so if Yoshi ends up like that I think most people will be satisfied giving it that designation. That's nothing against you btw. I think it could end up being 4 minutes but that's just me.

I don't even know what to think of Mario Kart yet until we have actual solid info but it sounds like it could be amazing. I specifically remember this comment from @marni1971 and the info as a whole sounds pretty similar to what's coming out of OU recently.
If the main E for Nintendo is built as I've heard it could give the SWL anchor E a run for its money.

Another E and at least a D are meant to compliment this Nintendo anchor attraction.
How amazing if Star Wars and Nintendo really end up butting heads like this? In the end we would all win :D

Last edited:

BrianLo

You are one of the few people who doesn't consider Hunny Hunt to be an E so if Yoshi ends up like that I think most people will be satisfied giving it that designation. That's nothing against you btw. I think it could end up being 4 minutes but that's just me.

Ya, it's not meant to be an insult to the ride. I try to use the ticketing system to describe a rides length, scope, thrill etc. Not whether I think it is actually good, that's why I reserve the D(+) for it to describe the actual execution. That tends to confuse people.

For example I'd classify today's Imagination as an E(-). An E in scope and length, but so poorly executed. In actuality I consider Hunny Hunt a better ride than today's imagination, even if I'm giving them the opposite lettering.

I'd rather call Hunny Hunt one of the best D-tickets around as opposed to a nifty E ticket that is too short. Same could apply here. Sort of make sense?

Although I just re-read your comment... is the Yoshi ride supposed to be 4 minutes? I thought we/he was talking about Mario Kart. In that case my comment definitely still stands. Nothing against the ride but a 4 minutes omnimover, no matter how grandly executed, cannot be called an E-ticket. It would be unfair to put it in the same category as Haunted Mansion. I find it confusing that an omnimover in ET show building would only clock 4 minutes...

Mike S

Although I just re-read your comment... is the Yoshi ride supposed to be 4 minutes? I thought we/he was talking about Mario Kart. In that case my comment definitely still stands. Nothing against the ride but a 4 minutes omnimover, no matter how grandly executed, cannot be called an E-ticket. It would be unfair to put it in the same category as Haunted Mansion. I find it confusing that an omnimover in ET show building would only clock 4 minutes...
Honestly I'm a little confused myself about what he was actually talking about :hilarious:

Everything is so cryptic but I guess he has to protect his sources.

Mike S

Theme park wars are in full gear now in Orlando, everyone wins.

Universal better get going soon on something new or there will be a gap after FF opens. Can't say I'm excited about FF but Universal needs to spread the crowd around. Don't want to end up in an Epcot situation.
I think at this point we can accept that SLoP has probably been fast tracked for 2018 to open with USH and the sequel. That's what the insiders seem to think. There's also the Dragon Challenge and Avengers rumors. Either of those could be 2019 if they start now leaving Nintendo for 2020.

Compared to all that Jimmy Fallon and Fast & Furious seem like filler for capacity reasons.

Mike S

@BrianLo I forgot to say this before but I don't think they would reuse the E.T. show building.

At least no one has said it would be reused.

Last edited:

Mike S

I'm all right with some filler but we need to see the next weenie. Where's the weenie?

Honestly Universal has done a good job but I want more, much more. LOL. They got some rooms, they got some new attractions, what should get me excited next? Played like a fan boy.

At the moment I have enough reason to go Universal AP so they got me for now. I'm getting old and my kids are getting odler, I have only so many theme park years left in me. Grand kids? Doubt I'll live to that age.
The next weenie is obviously a huge Volcano that can be seen rising over Cabana Bay. After that, for me at least, is the trackless AA filled SLoP ride. Then the rumored Dragon Challenge or Avegers plans if they turn out to be true. Then Nintendo.

Universal is expanding at a pretty fast and consistent rate. What more could you want*?

*Except for F&F being a much better ride than what's rumored, lol.

SCOTLORR

The next weenie is obviously a huge Volcano that can be seen rising over Cabana Bay. After that, for me at least, is the trackless AA filled SLoP ride. Then the rumored Dragon Challenge or Avegers plans if they turn out to be true. Then Nintendo.

Universal is expanding at a pretty fast and consistent rate. What more could you want*?

*Except for F&F being a much better ride than what's rumored, lol.
If you don't mind me asking, what is the rumored Dragon challenge or avengers plans? Sounds very interesting!

Mike S

If you don't mind me asking, what is the rumored Dragon challenge or avengers plans? Sounds very interesting!
Nothing really specific. The Avengers E Ticket rumor comes from @marni1971 and could mean the end of Dr. Doom and I think Storm Force too but I'll let him answer if he wants to. The Dragon Challenge rumor comes from OU and could either get a rebuild like Hulk or removed entirely for something else. Possibly a new coaster.

JoeCamel

Nothing really specific. The Avengers E Ticket rumor comes from @marni1971 and could mean the end of Dr. Doom and I think Storm Force too but I'll let him answer if he wants to. The Dragon Challenge rumor comes from OU and could either get a rebuild like Hulk or removed entirely for something else. Possibly a new coaster.

So if Storm Force goes they could retheme it and move it to Nintendoland as one of the flat rides? Could happen.

Mike S

I was thinking maybe since it's at the end of Hogsmeade, maybe the new attraction could be something for the lost continent, but that's definitely unlikely.
With the train station on one side and the town and castle on the others it's not on the edge.
zXdmVtI.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom