Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

Mike S

This is one thing at Universal I am not looking forward to, especially if it comes at the expense of the area by Curious George and E.T.
Please, this is going to be so much better than the Curious George area :rolleyes:

And E.T. only goes if Yoshi comes over and by all accounts it sounds like a more than fair trade.
Usually just look over on OU for Uni news but I'm still pretty confused about when this will be opening. From the sounds of it we should expect USJ and USF to open Nintendo both in 2020? Also is the USF nintendo area looking at possibly more than attractions? I know earlier you said the two E- tickets and also a D-ticket but possibly some flat rides too. I'm also assuming SLOP is 19 as they already have something for 18. Really looking forward to those two much more than Fallon or F&F probably because I'm more of a dark ride/AA kinda guy myself. So would this be a decent timeline?
Fallon 17
Volcano Bay 17
F&F 18
SLOP 19
Nintendoland 20
and whenever the 3rd gate (not counting VB) opens
SLoP could very well be pushed for 2018 to open with the sequel. Transformers proved how fast Uni can go when they want to.

Plus one new ride in each park could be a good marketing gimmick. 2019 could always be for the rumored Dragon Challenge replacement or Avengers ride unless the former would happen much sooner.

clemmo

Please, this is going to be so much better than the Curious George area :rolleyes:

And E.T. only goes if Yoshi comes over and by all accounts it sounds like a more than fair trade.

SLoP could very well be pushed for 2018 to open with the sequel. Transformers proved how fast Uni can go when they want to.

Plus one new ride in each park could be a good marketing gimmick. 2019 could always be for the rumored Dragon Challenge replacement or Avengers ride unless the former would happen much sooner.
Interesting I actually thought dragon challenge was getting a bit more extensive refurb like hulk. I'd actually rather them take it down and put in a ministry of magic or enchanted forest. The avengers ride would be a good fit for 19

Mike S

Interesting I actually thought dragon challenge was getting a bit more extensive refurb like hulk. I'd actually rather them take it down and put in a ministry of magic or enchanted forest. The avengers ride would be a good fit for 19
MoM wouldn't fit thematically in Hogsmeade. If they built that it would go next to London replacing Fear Factor. The forest is what would make sense.

Avengers would be great for 2019 simply because it'll ride the hype train of the Infinity War movies.
I haven't been able to keep up to date with this, can someone summarise or send a link to the latest plan rumours?

I keep hearing about Yoshi but haven't seen anywhere what this means.
My posts from the last, say, 3 pages should sum it up.

clemmo

MoM wouldn't fit thematically in Hogsmeade. If they built that it would go next to London replacing Fear Factor. The forest is what would make sense.

Avengers would be great for 2019 simply because it'll ride the hype train of the Infinity War movies.

My posts from the last, say, 3 pages should sum it up.
Yeah I guess that's true I was just thinking about how something should go in IOA considering how much USF is getting a lot of new attractions coming up. So avengers or the forest. Though I'm not sure if they need anymore potter til park 3.

DinoInstitute

Nothing really specific. The Avengers E Ticket rumor comes from @marni1971 and could mean the end of Dr. Doom and I think Storm Force too but I'll let him answer if he wants to. The Dragon Challenge rumor comes from OU and could either get a rebuild like Hulk or removed entirely for something else. Possibly a new coaster.
Would the removal of these attractions change much in the way of properties to use under the Disney-Marvel-Uni contract?

I haven't been able to keep up to date with this, can someone summarise or send a link to the latest plan rumours?
On this same note, could anyone (@Mike S :p ;) :D) sum up what the plans for the SLOP ride are? I didn't think the movie was that great or popular, so I'm surprised to hear that. Where would it go?

clemmo

Would the removal of these attractions change much in the way of properties to use under the Disney-Marvel-Uni contract?

On this same note, could anyone (@Mike S :p ;) :D) sum up what the plans for the SLOP ride are? I didn't think the movie was that great or popular, so I'm surprised to hear that. Where would it go?
I'm no Mike S but I believe it's rumored for the Toon lagoon theater in IOA for either 2018 or 2019.

Mike S

I think it would have to do with what Disney's been doing by stopping stuff relating to X-Men and Fantastic 4 in an attempt to force the film rights out of Fox. I hope it never happens as Deadpool was a great movie. Maybe @Disneyhead'71 can help me here?
What @clemmo said. The movie was actually very seccessful and popular. I've read plans on OU but they were in a PM so I asked if I could post them here. What I can say now though is lots of AAs if the initial plans haven't changed.

Quinnmac000

I think it would have to do with what Disney's been doing by stopping stuff relating to X-Men and Fantastic 4 in an attempt to force the film rights out of Fox. I hope it never happens as Deadpool was a great movie. Maybe @Disneyhead'71 can help me here?

What @clemmo said. The movie was actually very seccessful and popular. I've read plans on OU but they were in a PM so I asked if I could post them here. What I can say now though is lots of AAs if the initial plans haven't changed.

Removing Storm or Fearfall wouldn't do anything as Storm still is a walk around character along with Dr Doom.

Brer Oswald

OMG! UNI just has to build Princess Peach's Castle! And, a Mario Kart ride similar to RSR or TT -- a Mario Galaxy dark ride similar to Buzz Lightyear or TSM and a ride like Ratatouille and a really good Italian restaurant themed to Mario and Luigi.

Disney is not going to like this news, lol. I sensed some tension between Disney and Nintendo after Nintendo released Amiibo to compete with Disney's Infinity. I don't get the Amiibo thing -- at all.

I have always felt like Ninteno needed a theme park and this is the answer! Nintendo land would be an exceptional anchor for the rumored third gate, if not, Universal will need to make room somewhere.

ETA:
All of the media outlets have pick up on this story, I just saw it on my local news today!

This is from USA Today.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2015/05/07/nintendo-universal-theme-parks/70934606/

As for the deal between Nintendo and Universal, more details on "the immersive experiences ... will be announced in the future," the companies said in a short news release. "Nintendo has created remarkable and imaginative worlds filled with captivating stories and beloved characters. Now, for the first time, those stories and characters will be brought to life in entirely new ways – only at Universal theme parks," it said.

Sorry, but this sounds like it's a lot more than a little kiddie section for just for kids -- this is really a big deal. I just looked at the numbers and Universal seriously needs to go big with this.

kcl8ax.jpg

TV personality Kristin Cavallari attends Nintendo's celebration of the launch of Super Mario 3D Land at Siren Studios on November 3, 2011 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images for Nintendo)

Harry Potter has sold over 450 million books. In contrast, Nintendo has sold over 684 million game consoles, not to mention, the number of games sold in the hundreds of millions, so this is way bigger than Harry Potter.

Overall, Nintendo is the number #1, game console manufacturer.

Total 'Home & Handheld' console sales:
  • Nintendo - 683.94 million
  • Sony - 443.69 million
  • Microsoft - 118 million
  • Sega - 87.5 million
  • Atari - 35.77 million
Nintendo has out sold Sony by over 240 million consoles! This is almost more than Sony, Microsoft, Sega and Atari combined!

The top twelve highest selling games of all times:
  1. Tetris - 2006 - Mobile - 100 million
  2. Wii Sports - 2006 - Wii - 82.54 million
  3. Grand Theft Auto V - 2013 - 45 million
  4. Super Mario Bros. - 1985 - Nintendo Entertainment System - 40.24 million
  5. Mario Kart Wii - 2008 - Wii -35.53 million
  6. Tetris - 1989 - Game Boy, Game Boy Color - 35 million
  7. Minecraft - 2009 - Windows, OS x, Linus, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation 3, Playstation 4 - 34 million
  8. Wii Sports Resort - 2009 - Wii - 32.58 million
  9. New Super Mario Bros. - 2006 - Nintendo DS - 30.75 million
  10. Minecraft: Pocket Edition - 2011 - Mobile - 30 million
  11. Wii Play - 2006 - Wii - 28.82 million
  12. New Super Mario Bros. Wii - 2009 - Wii - 27.88 million
Eight of the top twelve selling video games of all time, belong to Nintendo -- which amounts to almost 70% of the list!

Nintendo Wii was revolutionary -- it redefined gaming. This game console is utilized in hospitals, retirement homes, schools, libraries, etc. Nintendo's brand and IP's are iconic.

This is such a huge honor for Universal, because Nintendo is super protective over their brand and IP. And, I totally forgot to give a shout out to Animal Crossing and Yoshi's island!

As an aside, people totally love video games. I can't wait to see Pixels - when it comes out on home video.

The trailer is hilarious, I love the scenes with Donkey Kong and Pac-Man, lol.

I love your ideas but I personally think Mario Galaxy deserves WAY more than something like Buzz. Maybe a roller coaster meets dark ride kinda like the Mummy, or a Harry Potter scale dark ride. The one thing outside of Disney that I love is Mario Galaxy so I might be a little biased :p, but I want the best for that game. And Peach's castle is an absolute MUST!

Brer Oswald

If I don't get to save the Princess somehow from Bowser then the billions they spent on the IP will have been wasted.

I'm also hoping for a Splatoon type ride.
I could definitely see a Mario dark ride in Peach's Castle centred around you saving Peach. A Mario Kart Go Cart/AR Simulator, along with a Rainbow Road/Mario Galaxy/Bowser's Castle roller coaster would be nice too.

Brer Oswald

It took me 20 minutes to figure out what SLOP stood for :banghead::facepalm:

Brer Oswald

Wait does this mean Yoshi's Island ride? E.T. I love you, but you can go if we get THAT as a trade :happy:

Mike S

I've seen no one wanting a Metroid ride so I'm pretty disgusted in you all.
Lol, there's nothing more that I would want but I've also come to grips with the fact that it probably won't happen :(

Mario and friends will be the focus in USF. After that I would take a guess at Zelda and Pokemon in the third park or maybe one of them in IoA. Those are the big 3.

Also here's two fairly recent posts of mine.
My dream of course would be a Metroid attraction but I know it's a long shot. Nintendo itself can't even be bothered to make another great entry in the series. The last good one was in 2007... :(
Make that a next gen shooter ride themed to Metroid and I'm with you.
;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom