Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

Mike S

Universal needs more mellow family rides ... so why not add Yoshi and keep ET.
Space. The rest of Nintendo would take up all the rest of KidZone. The only way to add Yoshi is to say goodbye to E.T. so this is probably why the ride isn't a done deal for Orlando and only Japan. Being an Omnimover Yoshi would have a higher capacity than E.T. and don't forget that a few flat rides are also rumored.

dm11

Just in from OU:

The Yoshi's Island dark ride that's mostly rumored for Japan but could come here too if they get rid of E.T. will apparently be an Omnimover. That would be Universal's first right?
Is there a summary of rumored rides somewhere on OU? And based on your E.T. comment, it sounds like consensus is Nintendo stuff would go into Kids Zone area and thereabouts?

Mike S

Is there a summary of rumored rides somewhere on OU? And based on your E.T. comment, it sounds like consensus is Nintendo stuff would go into Kids Zone area and thereabouts?
Mario Kart E Ticket dark ride with plenty of AAs and possibly projections on the floors, Donkey Kong Mine Train D Ticket with fewer AAs, Yoshi's Island E Ticket also with plenty of AAs, and some flat rides. Like I said before the only way Yoshi comes is if E.T. goes. DK also might not go to Japan. Those are all the ride rumors. KidZone has been rumored from the very start.

dm11

Mario Kart E Ticket dark ride with plenty of AAs and possibly projections on the floors, Donkey Kong Mine Train D Ticket with fewer AAs, Yoshi's Island E Ticket also with plenty of AAs, and some flat rides. Like I said before the only way Yoshi comes is if E.T. goes. DK also might not go to Japan. Those are all the ride rumors. KidZone has been rumored from the very start.
Thanks

HouseHacker97

tbh i'd rather have yoshi than ET. I mean it has a lot of value and nostalgia but its way too dated and musty for me. Maybe if they do a hella refurb and make it a ride people actually want then they could keep it, but I don't see that many people getting in line to ride it these days

Mike S

tbh i'd rather have yoshi than ET. I mean it has a lot of value and nostalgia but its way too dated and musty for me. Maybe if they do a hella refurb and make it a ride people actually want then they could keep it, but I don't see that many people getting in line to ride it these days
I really think Universal needs to completely rework Production Central and Hollywood (the land with Terminator) so they can include an epic "Great Universal Movie Ride." Everything from the Classic Monsters to Back to the Future.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I really think Universal needs to completely rework Production Central and Hollywood (the land with Terminator) so they can include an epic "Great Universal Movie Ride." Everything from the Classic Monsters to Back to the Future.
See, I want them to get ride of Boop/Kitty and Shrek (but leave or move the M&G) and put an attraction of that caliber in place of those two buildings.

Mike S

From Teebin on OU.
One cannot compare Nintendo to anything else out there visually. I cannot think of an attraction in Orlando as bright and colorful as what Uni has come up with. LOTS of primary colors; one more than the other. Too, compared to the short feeling of Kong one of these Nintendo attractions seems far longer than Kong due to the dazzling visuals both tangible and not and the many many different scenes. It is actually half+ of Kong time.
So excited!!! :D

JCAEdge21

Now wouldn't that be something... One Great Movie Ride closes, another opens... Rumor has it some imagineers might just be available too.

Mike S

That statement confuses the heck out of me. What does half+ mean?

Is he saying it "seems long like kong, but only has half the ride time", or that it is 50% longer ride time than Kong.
I'm guessing it means a little more than half of Kong. Someone on OU has timed Kong at 6:30. It seems UC slowed the ride down a bit from soft openings.

SCOTLORR

I can't wait to see concept art on all these nintendo rides. I know it's probably very far away considering Japan is getting Nintendo first, but these plans are very exciting.

Mike S

I can't wait to see concept art on all these nintendo rides. I know it's probably very far away considering Japan is getting Nintendo first, but these plans are very exciting.
Orlando won't be far behind from all I've read. Hollywood is the one where it's probably much further off.

SCOTLORR

Orlando won't be far behind from all I've read. Hollywood is the one where it's probably much further off.
What is the timeline of announcement date to build date? If Japan is announced by the end of this year, then maybe Orlando could be announced in early 2017, meaning it could be built for around 2019. Does this seem realistic or a bit wishful?

Mike S

What is the timeline of announcement date to build date? If Japan is announced by the end of this year, then maybe Orlando could be announced in early 2017, meaning it could be built for around 2019. Does this seem realistic or a bit wishful?
I'd lean more to 2020 because if we are getting Yoshi some are thinking that Universal wouldn't want to close E.T. or Animal Actors until F&F is open to take the lost capacity. The rest could close sooner. Japan at least is expected to be announced by the end of this year.

BrianLo

I'm guessing it means a little more than half of Kong. Someone on OU has timed Kong at 6:30. It seems UC slowed the ride down a bit from soft openings.

Sounds like he's describing what I'd call a D+ for a non-thrill dark ride. Good company with the likes of Pooh's Hunny Hunt and 20k leagues at TDS. I'd have a hard time giving an E designation though to something so short (sub 4 minutes) without a big thrill component. Is that what people have previously been calling it? Even if it is amazing the comparisons with longer/more thrilling E's bog it down, doing it a disservice.

Hopefully there will be three attractions, Universal needs a good slew of family oriented D-ish tickets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom