President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1693700659004.png

1693700676156.png

1693700697245.png

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Yeah, Nielsen gets paid from media companies for the detailed breakdown.

They post top tens a month after the fact so that they don't undercut their sales to the media companies. And it keeps their brand in the public consciousness.

TP2000

I can count on one hand the number of Jewish friends I've had in my long life, but...

I would, for some reason, love to watch "You Are So Not Invited To My Bat Mitzvah". Is that show as funny as it sounds?

I wasn't going to re-subscribe to Netflix until the next season of The Crown arrives, but should I make an exception?

doctornick

Hmm, TLM debuted at #1 on the movies and #4 on the overall.....

Be interesting to see where it goes in the following weeks. Will it be added to the rotation along side Moana and Encanto.....

We don't have the numbers for it yet since there's a lag, but Disney indicated that Elemental had higher opening streaming numbers than The Little Mermaid when the former debuted.

TP2000

It does seem like the live action films don’t have a clear rewatchability as compared to animated ones.

Moana’s enduring popularity explains why its being pushed into every park

Kids from age 4 to about 12 will watch their favorite movie over and over and over and over. And over.

When I was babysitting my nephews 20 years ago, they would arrive at my house for a weekend visit each clutching a VHS tape. And then fight a bit over who gets to watch theirs first, and then proceed to sit there for the next 36 hours and watch the same movie at least several times. I always marveled at that, and any attempt by Uncle TP2000 to introduce something new was firmly voted down. Then they'd hit Play again.

I have to imagine that this same scenario plays out in every suburban family home in America, except instead of VHS or DVD, it's now a streaming show the little kids just keep watching over and over and over again.

That would add up fast for Nielsen ratings.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
And then fight a bit over who gets to watch theirs first, and then proceed to sit there for the next 36 hours and watch the same movie at least several times. I always marveled at that, and any attempt by Uncle TP2000 to introduce something new was firmly voted down.
You shouldn't have led with a film retrospective of Ida Lupino's oeuvre.

erasure fan1

Hmm, TLM debuted at #1 on the movies and #4 on the overall.....

Be interesting to see where it goes in the following weeks. Will it be added to the rotation along side Moana and Encanto.....
I think it will do fairly well for at least 2 or 3 weeks. I'm sure there will be a lot of people who wouldn't spend the money or go through the effort to see it in the theater, but were fine with waiting for D+. Then you probably will get a fairly large group that will watch it because it was new and want to see what all the fuss was about. You might even have a significant amount of people who were against it, go ahead and watch it to say, yup, I was right.... Will it be in the rotation with Moana and Encanto? Something tells me the scuttlebutt song killed that chance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom