Nielsen Streaming Ratings

BrianLo

Original Poster
Hmm, TLM debuted at #1 on the movies and #4 on the overall.....

Be interesting to see where it goes in the following weeks. Will it be added to the rotation along side Moana and Encanto.....

It's a very strong showing for a streaming movie, but middle of the road for Disney Plus (which tends to have the strongest viewership for its movies).

Guardians 3 had a slightly stronger start and has now falling off with Wakanda Forever and Avatar before it doing much stronger premiere week viewership.

It might crack top twenty streamed movies this year, but like everyone else I don't think the live action have quite the staying power to make it onto next years charts.

Still though, domestically TLM is generally a good performer.

I think Elemental has the potential to have the longest staying power. Hanging out with the likes of Luca, Turning Red, Coco or Zootopia.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1697156770154.png

1697156789968.png

1697156821749.png

BrianLo

Original Poster
Moana has retaken Mario, shockingly I think Moana will be the top streamed movie of 2023. A feat it hasn't actually achieved as whatever new Pixar/Disney movie of the year normally knocks it down. But Elemental is debuting a bit too late in this calendar year, it probably would have been said movie if it debuted in the first half of the year. We have to just stop and again take notice of how massive that movie (Moana) is.

Ahsoka is doing reasonably well, probably helping to justify its second season.

Finally, that's a really poor debut for Fast X.

BrianLo

Original Poster
Elemental has already overtaken Super Mario's entire run of streaming. It's the strongest hold for any movie Disney has had this year.

Obviously Mario had a massive theatrical audience, but clearly Elemental does not lack an audience, either.

Moana has whittled its 36 week lead into a 28 week lead on Elemental roughly, view-for-view.

EPCOT-O.G.

Elemental has already overtaken Super Mario's entire run of streaming. It's the strongest hold for any movie Disney has had this year.

Obviously Mario had a massive theatrical audience, but clearly Elemental does not lack an audience, either.

Moana has whittled its 36 week lead into a 28 week lead on Elemental roughly, view-for-view.
Yes but D+ has an install base of many multiples over Peacock’s.

BrianLo

Original Poster
Elemental continues to have an extremely strong run. I mentioned it doesn't quite have a long enough run way to overtake Moana, but I'm starting to wonder if that prediction actually is going to hold; Because Elemental is doing even better than I expected!

Moana finished 2022 with 8.6 billion minutes streamed and Elemental already has 6-ish billion with two more months to go. Though I might round up Moana slightly this year to 10 as it seems to consistently hit the charts at 0.2 billion minutes per week. It will be close!

I may also have underestimated Minions this year as it may have been bubbling along just out of the top ten for longer than I thought.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Week of Nov 6 - 12, 2023

Original Series

1. Loki, (Disney+) 753 million minutes
2. All the Light We Cannot See (Netflix), 744 million
3. Selling Sunset (Netflix), 709 million
4. The Great British Baking Show (Netflix), 436 million
5. Escaping Twin Flames (Netflix), 404 million
6. The Morning Show (Apple TV+), 373 million
7. Life on Our Planet (Netflix), 363 million
8. The Fall of the House of Usher (Netflix), 339 million
9. Blue Eye Samurai (Netflix), 315 million
10. Lawmen: Bass Reeves (Paramount+), 290 million

Acquired Series

1. Bluey, (Disney+) 918 million minutes
2. Grey’s Anatomy (Netflix), 897 million
3. Suits (Netflix/Peacock), 826 million
4. Friends (Max), 716 million
5. NCIS (Netflix/Paramount+), 705 million
6. Six Feet Under (Netflix), 692 million
7. Gilmore Girls (Netflix), 666 million
8. Cocomelon (Netflix), 630 million
9. Face Off (Netflix/Peacock), 576 million
10. The Simpsons (Disney+), 545 million

Movies

1. The Killer (Netflix), 650 million minutes
2. Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Netflix), 597 million
3. Insidious: The Red Door (Netflix), 441 million
4. Home Alone (Disney+), 422 million
5. Elemental (Disney+), 352 million
6. Minions (Netflix), 280 million
7. No Hard Feelings (Netflix), 258 million
8. The Grinch (2018) (Peacock), 251 million
9. The Super Mario Bros. Movie (Peacock), 249 million
10. Five Nights at Freddy’s (Peacock), 248 million

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom