Nielsen Streaming Ratings

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1679013711835.png

1679013730816.png

1679013746089.png

ABQ

Despite claims of lackluster viewership for this new season, Mando did actually hit the top 3.
Considering how it was beat by a documentary of a convicted murderer, which is hardly geared toward the widest demographic, it's hard to not see that 3 spot as a failure, I'm afraid. D+ overall has some pretty weak showings on the entire spread of charts.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Considering how it was beat by a documentary of a convicted murderer, which is hardly geared toward the widest demographic, it's hard to not see that 3 spot as a failure, I'm afraid. D+ overall has some pretty weak showings on the entire spread of charts.
The documentary debuted with three episodes at once for a total of 141 minutes.

Episode 17 of Mando dropped at 35 minutes.

<does math...> Roughly...

7.7 Million people watched the documentary​
23.5 Million people watched the Mandalorian​

The Nielsen numbers are unfortunately done in number of minutes watched. New movies at 90-120 minutes will almost always beat a 30-60 minute episode of a new series.

Old series like The Office or Friends with a decade of seasons with people binge watching will also take the top of the charts as people rewatch/binge them.

ABQ

The documentary debuted with three episodes at once for a total of 141 minutes.

Episode 17 of Mando dropped at 35 minutes.

<does math...> Roughly...

7.7 Million people watched the documentary​
23.5 Million people watched the Mandalorian​

The Nielsen numbers are unfortunately done in number of minutes watched. New movies at 90-120 minutes will almost always beat a 30-60 minute episode of a new series.

Old series like The Office or Friends with a decade of seasons with people binge watching will also take the top of the charts as people rewatch/binge them.
So you believe no one rewatched a single episode of the Mandalorian that week to recap what happened 2+ years ago? That all 23.5 million views were of the 1 episode? I know I had to go back and watch a few of season 2. I even slogged through a couple Boba Fett eps.

DKampy

So you believe no one rewatched a single episode of the Mandalorian that week to recap what happened 2+ years ago? That all 23.5 million views were of the 1 episode? I know I had to go back and watch a few of season 2. I even slogged through a couple Boba Fett eps.
Many more people watched 3 new episodes that dropped at once as to opposed single old episodes of mando

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
That's why I said 'roughly.'

Mando didn't appear in the previous week, which means there weren't a lot of repeat watching of old episodes in preparation for the new season.

Or, so, you believe that people who never finished season 2 decided to finish all those remaining episodes to account for a dozen million episodes watched on top of the number watching the new episode?

ABQ

I know I watched the first two Mando eps, pretty much as they released and prior to that a few others. No, I have no idea if anyone else did the same or I'm the most unique viewer because I forgot what the heck happened at the end of season two. My point with regards to the Murdaugh mini series is that I doubt its audience is nearly as broad as the Mando one, or maybe I'm mistaken and such things cross over all spectrums. So I was very surprised to see how it was as high as it was. I knew the Outer Banks show was 10 eps dropped at one time, so, no surprise there. Guess I'll just wait and see where Mando is next month.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom