Nick "StormTrooper" Bautista - McNaughton 500 Mile Race Report

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Original Poster
Yes Jill, you are correct.

Reports of weather are sunny, 60's, not a cloud in the sky and gorgeous. I know that helps spirits with the racers.

joel_maxwell

Original Poster
Monday May 27th 10:00pm EST
Facebook via "Hurricane"Irene:Nick Storm Trooper Bautista and NJshore Run Steve have headed out for loop 22. After finishing 210 miles Nick is looking fantastic even after having a run in with two bears but don't worry he was able to text Alison Ball Bautista and take a picture of them before moving on ; ) He's an animal!!!

I gotta get a picture of these bears.

As yall posted, 220 down. Nick is killing it. See below (via Joel Gat Facebook post).

946850_10151465819390954_1568924765_n.jpg

JillC LI

Tuesday May 28th 11:00am EST
Facebook viaAlison: Nick has completed 230 miles and is getting some TLC from Hurricane Irene Karakoglou-Hale. Almost to the half way point! Keep it up!!!!

It's amazing to actually see him smiling in some of those pics and videos.

Geez, I'll never complain again about being "only" half-way done with let's say a 10 mile run when Nick's half-way point is 250 miles! (All right, I can't actually promise I will NEVER complain. :D But I'll try not to.)

joel_maxwell

Original Poster
Tuesday May 28th 4:32pm EST
Facebook viaAlison: Nick Storm Trooper Bautista has officially completed 240 with Hurricane Irene Karakoglou-Hale and will be heading out with NJshore Run shortly for the halfway mark of 250! New crew onsite with Jeff....the troops keep coming! Keep the positive thoughts coming. We are passing them along to Nick!

Mr mom

Tuesday May 28th 4:32pm EST
Facebook viaAlison: Nick Storm Trooper Bautista has officially completed 240 with Hurricane Irene Karakoglou-Hale and will be heading out with NJshore Run shortly for the halfway mark of 250! New crew onsite with Jeff....the troops keep coming! Keep the positive thoughts coming. We are passing them along to Nick!

Go Nick we are all following your progress and cheering

joel_maxwell

Original Poster
Tuesday May 28th 6:29pm EST
Facebook via Josh Dennis: PEAK 500 Mile update: Animal Camp Athlete Nick Storm Trooper Bautista is now out on loop 25 being paced by teammate Steve NJshore Run. He has already logged 240+ miles and climbed over 57,600 ft of climbing with equal descent, battled through multiple days of torrential rain, sleet, snow, mud, flooding, and near freezing temperatures also encountering bear on two different occasions, multiple porcupines, and who knows what else.. When he finishes this loop he is at the halfway mark. His persistent bloody nose might be a concern for some, however, he has been using the blood as face paint.. Irene Karakoglou-Hale has played a big role in getting Nicks nutrition fine tuned, blister maintenance, pacing, and crew support. Ev Shore Runner also onsite crewing and now more support/crew/pacers arriving. Last I heard directly from Nick the text was short "YOU CAN'T STOP CRAZY!" — withAlison Ball Bautista.

I bolded some numbers above. Just as impressive as the distance (IMHO).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom