Nick "StormTrooper" Bautista - McNaughton 500 Mile Race Report

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Original Poster
Good Morning all. I will post updates on Nick's journey here as I get them. Naturally, only approved material posted.

Thursday May 23rd 2:50pm EST
Alison: 10 minutes till start of his epic run. Nick is pumped and ready to get started

Thursday May 23rd 8:12pm EST
Nick: Course is brutal

Thursday May 23rd Time Unknown
Facebook: McNaughton 500 mile update: on Animal Camp Athlete Nick Storm Trooper Bautista: He finished the first loop in 2hr13min and was just at the summit of the second loop. Several encounters with HUMUNGOUS porcupines this far..

Thursday May 23rd 9:10pm EST
Alison: Nick is at summit on loop 3... 22 miles in. 2 miles up and 8 miles down.

Friday May 24th 7:18am EST
Alison: Morning all! Nick is currently on point to finish 50 miles in the next couple of hours. Said it down poured all night. He is covered in mud! Stay tuned

Friday May 24th 9:50am EST
Facebook: 500 Mile Race update: Animal Camp athlete Nick Storm Trooper Bautista has completed 5 loops (50 miles) by 8:30am. He pushed through the night and the torrential rain and mud and encountered many porcupine along the way. Also reports that sections of the trail were submerged. He is in the barn now getting some rest.. 450 miles to go!! The race began yesterday at 4pm. — with Alison Ball Bautista.

Nemo14

Go Nick!!!

Just for those who may not know, Nick is a frequent poster on the running threads - screen name Donald Duck

joel_maxwell

Original Poster
Friday May 24th 2pm EST
Facebook:After some sleep, Nick was reported on the summit of loop 6 at 12:30. Nothing further at this time..

I have received no personal text from Nick or Alison recently

joel_maxwell

Original Poster
(notice something below.... 4 racers. 4.)

Friday May 24th 2:11pm EST

Facebook (via Joel Gat tagging Nick):Peak 500: just about done with lap 5, just under 24 hours. Right on pace, and well rested. Everyone else it's flying!

Couldn't post updates earlier, all night long, the sky was falling in the most torrential rain. Holy crap! The trails became rivers, and my phone had to stay in my pocket.
— with Willy NatureBoy Syndram, Andy Weinberg and Nick Storm Trooper Bautista.

268893_10151459831320954_1426604917_n.jpg

joel_maxwell

Original Poster
Friday May 24th 10:46pm EST
Alison: Nick heading up to the Summit. Will be hitting 80 miles in a bit and then taking a break. Raining hard again, so the wife is pleased with the decision!!

Picture:
About 70 miles in, Nick Bautista is heading out for another rainy loop.
382531_576435262388403_249459213_n.jpg

Nemo14

Our local weather station was saying how brutal the weather has been up there this week - I can't imagine doing what he's doing!

Kristia

Hopefully the rain lets up for them soon! I will not complain about the dreary 5 mile race I am about to head out for!

Texas84

He's running 500 miles and you think the fact that the loops sre only 10 miles is the insane part?!?! LOL.
Seriously, Nick, we're all in awe.

No, the thought of doing a 10-mile loop 50 times! Yikes! I've done a 5.25 mile loop 5 times and it wasn't much fun. :D

Go Nick go!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom