NFL 2016 Discussion Thread

JPPT1974

The Dolphins' home has just gotten its 9th name since opening in 1987: Hard Rock Stadium

In the past the facility has been known as Joe Robbie Stadium, Pro Player Park, Pro Player Stadium, Dolphins Stadium, Dolphin Stadium, Land Shark Stadium, Sun Life Stadium, and most recently New Miami Stadium

That is a lot of names there! Plus they have had renovations!

PUSH

Original Poster
Le'Veon Bell's suspension has been reduced from 4 games to 3 games thanks to an appeal.

PUSH

Original Poster
So I didn't get any replies earlier for interest in doing another season of Pick'ems. If you don't want to, that's perfectly fine, but just let us know if you're interested or not so we can get a head count. If @flynnibus wants to create it again, I'll let him, otherwise I can try and run it this year. I'll tag some people below, if I missed anyone feel free to tag them, too! If you haven't been in the pick'ems in past years, no problem! You can still join. It's through espn.com, and it's free. Pretty much you just predict the winners and losers of each game throughout the whole season. It keeps track of your score, and at the end we can see who did the best! It's a lot of fun.

@Zweiland
@acishere
@NYwdwfan
@jw24
@OSUgirl77
@Dead2009
@1023
@flynnibus
@afar28

NYwdwfan

So I didn't get any replies earlier for interest in doing another season of Pick'ems. If you don't want to, that's perfectly fine, but just let us know if you're interested or not so we can get a head count. If @flynnibus wants to create it again, I'll let him, otherwise I can try and run it this year. I'll tag some people below, if I missed anyone feel free to tag them, too! If you haven't been in the pick'ems in past years, no problem! You can still join. It's through espn.com, and it's free. Pretty much you just predict the winners and losers of each game throughout the whole season. It keeps track of your score, and at the end we can see who did the best! It's a lot of fun.

@Zweiland
@acishere
@NYwdwfan
@jw24
@OSUgirl77
@Dead2009
@1023
@flynnibus
@afar28
I'm in.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Ok, I rebooted the group! Thanks for the 'push' @PUSH :)

Those looking to get in.. repeat users should be able to just rejoin the group.. new users just search for 'wdwmagic' in the ESPN pick'em groups or try this link

http://games.espn.com/nfl-pigskin-p...FQzAwOUFBNn0=&ex_cid=ex_cid=pigskin????_email

FOOTBALL IS UPON US!!!!

I needed to skip Saturday's Ravens game even tho I should have gone. A week of Vegas takes more than 1 day to recover from :)

PUSH

Original Poster
Tony Romo's back injury appears to be a broken bone. HC Jason Garrett says there's no timetable yet for his return, but reports are saying the best-case scenario is for him to be ready by the middle of the season. I guess we'll see if Dak Prescott can translate his preseason success to the regular season.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I saw all the posts about romo while I was on travel and I just assumed they were satire... But he's busted again?? Buhahah

WDW Guru

He was a #2 overall draft pick, so what could go wrong.

Being a Redskins fan I should warn you not to say that with RGIII being the one in question...

Got to thinking about the Pick'Ems. Wondering if anyone is interested in doing a 3rd year. I'll tag people who took part in past years; if I miss anybody, feel free to tag them, too! For those that don't know what the Pick'Ems are, it's on ESPN.com, and you have to predict the winner for each NFL regular season game. It goes week by week, and it tallies your point total for the entire season. It's very easy and not time consuming at all, but loads of fun! If you're interested, let us know!

@Zweiland
@acishere
@NYwdwfan
@jw24
@OSUgirl77
@Dead2009
@1023
@flynnibus
@afar28

@flynnibus, if you're interested, I'll let you create the group again this year.

Im in! How can I join?

PUSH

Original Poster
Teddy Bridgewater suffered a leg/knee injury at practice today. He was taken by ambulance to a hospital. Mike Zimmer said it doesn't look good when asked if he could still play this season.

EDIT - The injury is a knee dislocation and complete ACL tear.

PUSH

Original Poster
Bridgewater is officially out for the season.

ACL injuries are so weird. There are some that happen due to had blows, and then some that are just routine movements, such as Teddy and Jordy Nelson last preseason.

acishere

Mark Sanchez has been cut by the Denver Broncos and is now signing with the Cowboys as a backup QB.
BLL33.gif

PUSH

Original Poster
Packers cut their second-team All-Pro (for the past three years) G Josh Sitton. One of the more surprising moves today. I'm not okay with this move, but there's obviously a reason behind it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom