NFL 2014 Discussion Thread

seahawk7

Bronchos having a hard day today with their kicker, Matt Prater being suspended for 4 season games and Wes Welker getting a concussion in yesterday's game but should be ready for their first game of the season against Indy. Don't care for the Bonchos but this is sad news. Wish these guys good health. Oh and Peyton Manning gets his first foul for taunting ever in his career.

afar28

image.jpg

jw24

According to reports, Sam Bradford is believed to have torn his ACL and will miss the 2014 season. So sad if this is true. I believe he can be a dependable QB in the NFL, but every year he suffers a significant injury. It makes me wonder how much longer his career will go on before teams give up on him... or at least the Rams.

I remember Sam Bradford during his college days at Oklahoma. He had two great years. Then in his junior year, he started becoming injury prone. AC Joint sprain after the first game against BYU and then, weeks later, against Texas, re-injured the very same shoulder and then, had to have shoulder surgery ending his college career. And then, prior to this one, he only played 10 games in his second NFL season and he struggled with injuries when the Rams went 2-14 that year. Is Sam Bradford the Derrick Rose of the NFL? My senses say yes at the moment.

flynnibus

Premium Member
i spent some time scouting Pick'em sites tonight.. but its tough to see how they play out in action.

Two things I wish ESPN did was show the spread in the pick screen and let you see your other friend's picks before the week is over (since our purpose is to socialize over our picks).

One site I found does offer the viewing picks (or optionally hiding them) - but the site is pretty 'old' in web design. http://www.nflpickspage.com/

The other which showed some promise was http://www.nflrush.com/pickem/ - it also has mobile apps just for pick'em. But while it's pretty, didn't seem to offer things beyond what ESPN did for us.

The last was to run a true office pool.. and if people wanted to contribute to a money game. I think it would add something of interest.. but not necessary (even something cheap.. like $5 or $10/head). cbssports has something that looks reasonable.

But after some poking around.. I think the ESPN site as we used last year seems like the best choice everything in consideration.

Thoughts? Suggestions? I'll start an announce thread probably over the coming weekend. Our goal is to be friendly, social, fun, and as many WDWMagic fans as we can gather!

afar28

Yet another blow for the Giants, newly signed O-lineman Geoff Schwartz will be out for a minimum of 6 weeks, maximum of a season with a toe injury. Don't exactly know how Toe would keep you out full season but hopefully that won't be the case

acishere

i spent some time scouting Pick'em sites tonight.. but its tough to see how they play out in action.

Two things I wish ESPN did was show the spread in the pick screen and let you see your other friend's picks before the week is over (since our purpose is to socialize over our picks).

One site I found does offer the viewing picks (or optionally hiding them) - but the site is pretty 'old' in web design. http://www.nflpickspage.com/

The other which showed some promise was http://www.nflrush.com/pickem/ - it also has mobile apps just for pick'em. But while it's pretty, didn't seem to offer things beyond what ESPN did for us.

The last was to run a true office pool.. and if people wanted to contribute to a money game. I think it would add something of interest.. but not necessary (even something cheap.. like $5 or $10/head). cbssports has something that looks reasonable.

But after some poking around.. I think the ESPN site as we used last year seems like the best choice everything in consideration.

Thoughts? Suggestions? I'll start an announce thread probably over the coming weekend. Our goal is to be friendly, social, fun, and as many WDWMagic fans as we can gather!
I preferred ESPN to Yahoo last season. Plus my fantasy league moved to ESPN this season so I'm going to be hanging out on ESPN all Sunday anyway...

PUSH

Original Poster

I liked ESPN. The part about not showing the picks doesn't bother me, as part of the fun is competing against each other. If our picks are showed, then people can strategically choose so they won't fall down a spot in the rankings. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks that way, though.

PUSH

Original Poster
The Packers have placed six players on IR to reduce the roster to 75, most notably BJ Raji and Don Barclay. Also placed on IR were intriguing rookies Jared Abbredaris (WR) and Rajion Neal (RB).

flynnibus

Premium Member
2014 pick'em!!

Ok after some searching and feedback, I've decided as the unofficial chairman of the unofficial wdwwmagic nfl pick'em game that for 2014 we will be sticking with ESPN's game.

The group is the same as last year. Previous players can goto their old links and find the links to play a 2014 entry.

New players, try this link
http://games.espn.go.com/nfl-pigski...ser=MjU3OTEyNTIxA&ex_cid=invite-email-pigskin

PUSH

Original Poster
After finally watching my first half of preseason football for the Packers, I am officially pumped for a week from tonight. I love the depth at nearly every position for the Packers. But next week is the real test. The teams are set, and the schemes are unveiled. Can't wait to see what this team is really made of. Here we go!

seahawk7

After finally watching my first half of preseason football for the Packers, I am officially pumped for a week from tonight. I love the depth at nearly every position for the Packers. But next week is the real test. The teams are set, and the schemes are unveiled. Can't wait to see what this team is really made of. Here we go!
Go Hawks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom