NFL 2014 Discussion Thread

seahawk7

Coaches build a plan around their ideals, their players strengths and weaknesses
Players execute the plan

If you just did what Eli was 'comfortable' with you might as well give up the coach...

A coach can't plan without considering his players, but if you only coach to your players, the coach isn't going to be worth much, and you're going to be easily beat as everyone knows what you are going to do.
This is why the philosophy built up in Seattle has made a strong team. Everyone is disposable and it creates a very competitive environment because everyone is competing for a spot, and once you earn it, you have to work to keep it. The always compete philosophy is held above any player or coach.

seahawk7

A couple of headlines today:

- Michael Sam has been cut from the Rams final 53.

- Champ Bailey has been cut from the Saints final 53.
Yea we cut Terrell Pryor, but I don't think that came as a surprise. I'm surprised about Michael Sam.

seahawk7

After the Raiders last preseason game, who do you think will be the starting QB for the Raiders: Derek Carr or Matt Schaub?

OSUgirl77

After the Raiders last preseason game, who do you think will be the starting QB for the Raiders: Derek Carr or Matt Schaub?
I definitely think Carr should get the start. Granted it was only preseason, but he's looked fantastic. Combine that with Schaub's horrible season last year and sore elbow this year, and I think it's a no-brainer.

PUSH

Original Poster
The Packers are keeping three QBs on their roster. Backing up Rodgers will be Matt Flynn and Scott Tolzien. Both had great preseasons and training camps, and they gave Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy no choice but to keep all three. I'm happy with the decision.

PUSH

Original Poster
NFL Network rocks for daily stuff. They don't do shock-jock TV like ESPN.. who are quickly becoming the FoxNews of sports
The daytime stuff is good. I hate their morning show. It kind of reminds me of ET, only football themed. Their broadcasts of football games are awful.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The daytime stuff is good. I hate their morning show. It kind of reminds me of ET, only football themed. Their broadcasts of football games are awful.

wash your mouth out. you should watch for nicole alone :) I like SteveW, TDavis, and the NewYorker is ok once you know his stick. I don't like Molly

OSUgirl77

NFL Network rocks for daily stuff. They don't do shock-jock TV like ESPN.. who are quickly becoming the FoxNews of sports
I can't even watch ESPN anymore, I always end up wanting to throw something through my tv. Unfortunately, it's hard to avoid with college football.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I can't even watch ESPN anymore, I always end up wanting to throw something through my tv. Unfortunately, it's hard to avoid with college football.

I haven't watched them in years except for a game itself. I see my cousins and others screaming/complaining about EPSN... bayless, smith, etc. And I'm like 'why do you even waste your time with that crap?'

They are all about sensationalism and people buy into and get wound up with them. Such a waste of energy.

seahawk7

Alright, so I understand how the Seahawks got to our 53. I'm disappointed we cut Brian Walters but maybe we will get him on the practice squad if he clears waivers. We might do the same with Terrell Pryor but he'll most likely already be picked up. Also sad about RB Dimitrius Bronson.

Lance

Worse than Joe Buck? o_O

+1

Joe Buck is the worst!

I don't know, we usually get Jim Nantz, and I never mind him... I think its from years of watching golf... and he just seems to transition well. I never used to mind Phil Simms either, but he's gotten bad over the last couple of years, starting to go all Madden and question every little thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom