NFL 2014 Discussion Thread

Dad 2 M & M

Back on the forum for the first time in a while......Push, How ya been bro?

Been a Falcon's Season Ticket Holder since '03

My thoughts on the upcoming season....

The Falcons will be doing great to make 8 wins....don't see much better than that

My thoughts on last season....

1) After the 1-4 start, and losing Julio...they were wink wink nod nod "playing" for a draft choice...
2) Yeah, I KNOW teams don't do that-right?
  1. Personally witnessed the Washington game for the #2 overall draft choice (Washington's choice already traded to St Louis for RGIII) You can't tell me either team was really trying to win that game.
  2. THAT San Fran MNF "fumble" by Harry Douglas...last game ever at Candlestick
  3. Season Finale against Carolina.... closing 20 seconds long snap to no one, with the clock running, and Snelling covering the "miscue" AND not in any hurry to get up...followed by the penalty and subsequent 10 second time run off....
My thoughts on the current roster

1) NO DEPTH at any position
2) Again....no pass rush
3) Again.... LB?
4) Again....OL....EVEN if Sam Baker wasn't out for the season...who is going to play Center?

My thoughts on Hard Knocks

Don't have any

My thoughts on Dimitroff

1) See the roster he has built...depth...starters that wouldn't make many other team's ROSTER
2) Busts (High round) -- If Sam Baker and Peria Jerry are labeled busts due to oft-injured status.....What do Sean Witherspoon and Julio have to accomplish the next few seasons? Not to receive the same label?

And...what is Dimitroff's plan? Moving forward?

Dad 2 M & M

The QB situation? No. Johnny Manziel? Yes. It's rarely about Brian Hoyer and whether he deserves it or not. It's usually about Manziel and why he deserves it or not.
I don't see Manziel hype....Impressive against Alabama twice but don't see more than a max 3-4 year NFL guy here...even if he doesn't get injured

PUSH

Original Poster
Rodgers took a few good hits last night, but glad to see Starks looking good. Think they're ready for Seattle's D?
Didn't get to see the game because I was working, but I really like Starks. He and Lacy are one of the best RB duos in the league. Rodgers is looking as sharp as he's ever been, and the depth at nearly every position is amazing. I think this team is going to surprise people - both offensively and defensively. I think they can match up against any defense in the league. If they can run against Seattle, I think they'll win.

seahawk7

Didn't get to see the game because I was working, but I really like Starks. He and Lacy are one of the best RB duos in the league. Rodgers is looking as sharp as he's ever been, and the depth at nearly every position is amazing. I think this team is going to surprise people - both offensively and defensively. I think they can match up against any defense in the league. If they can run against Seattle, I think they'll win.
Either way, it's going to be a great game. I will be there and I'm so excited. If you want, I will post pictures here.

PUSH

Original Poster
10616225_10152588117430073_8698304909342167147_n.jpg

PUSH

Original Poster
According to reports, Sam Bradford is believed to have torn his ACL and will miss the 2014 season. So sad if this is true. I believe he can be a dependable QB in the NFL, but every year he suffers a significant injury. It makes me wonder how much longer his career will go on before teams give up on him... or at least the Rams.

afar28

According to reports, Sam Bradford is believed to have torn his ACL and will miss the 2014 season. So sad if this is true. I believe he can be a dependable QB in the NFL, but every year he suffers a significant injury. It makes me wonder how much longer his career will go on before teams give up on him... or at least the Rams.
Unfortunate for St Louis too, I think they're a QB away from being a playoff contender.

Lance

$50 million reasons why I'll never feel bad for him or the Rams.

There's been talk on sports radio around here about Sam Bradford being the perfect replacement for Brady in a couple years... well that was before everyone started drinking the Garoppolo kool-aid. Pats fan nowadays make me crazy.

PUSH

Original Poster
Packers starting center JC Tretter will miss 5-6 weeks with a leg injury. After a very healthy camp compared to the past few years, the Packers have lost two starters in one game.

seahawk7

Yea it is true and very sad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom