NEW Soarin Over California?!? o_O

D

Deleted member 107043

I agree that it needs more, a lot more really, and because there are fewer attractions than DL we tend to be more critical of each ride. As it is everyone seems to accept that DL has two rides that are essentially the same, Astro Orbiter and Dumbo, for example, but something like this at DCA would never get a pass from the fans.

I'm pretty sure that my preferences might be different if I visited DLR with kids, but I lean towards DCA for some very basic reasons. It's never as crowded, for one. Two, the park's content is less focused on kiddie type themes, which means there are aren't as many screaming babies and strollers to contend with. Finally, the dining is superior to DL and you can actually watch a parade while sipping a glass of wine or a beer. It really doesn't get any better than that for me when I'm vacationing there.

UofMGuy423

First time to DCA was this year and I really enjoyed it, particularly the Grizzly Peak area. The Hollywood section could really use some work, but from what I've read that section is the last holdover from DCA 1.0.

George Lucas on a Bench

While I usually despise Hollywood Pictures Backlot, I sometimes Iove it when I'm drunkenly stumbling down the street from the Carthay Circle lounge to the Mad T Party smoking section!

Phroobar

While I usually despise Hollywood Pictures Backlot, I sometimes Iove it when I'm drunkenly stumbling down the street from the Carthay Circle lounge to the Mad T Party smoking section!
That makes me wonder how often Disney security has to deal with drunk guests. Wouldn't a guest be more likely to get hurt on a ride while drunk?

ForeverAnna

Last year I was waiting for Art to head back to my hotel and security was dealing with an unruly drunk couple. I was really impressed with how they handled it.

FerretAfros

That makes me wonder how often Disney security has to deal with drunk guests. Wouldn't a guest be more likely to get hurt on a ride while drunk?
Well there was this incident back in August 2010, during the initial run of GlowFest:
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/08/19/california.disney.accident/

It's a good thing the guest was 20 years old and that Disney does such a good job checking IDs, since obviously alcohol couldn't have been at play here. Then again, if a sober guest were to have fallen off of the upper-floor walkways in the boiler room, they probably would have at least broken their wrist or something while trying to brace their fall. How curious!

I'm sure Disney security deals with drunken guests all the time. It's just a matter of catching the problem before it makes headlines, and carefully overlooking certain details during the off chance that it does hit the press

Stevek

Will be interesting to see how the movie plays here. Personally, I think guests will be fine with it as long as it's a good experience. And yes, I love the soundtrack but optimistic they'll do something good. I was worried about Spaceship Earth but love the new music.

Travel Junkie

This was found in World of Disney at DTD:

Cc-tD2PUYAEfem6.jpg

Cc-tD5xUAAEc-GU.jpg

@Amanduh627 on Twitter

George Lucas on a Bench

I'm thinking the real Matterhorn will be in it. It's confirmed that Goldsmith's music is going (sigh), but Bruce Broughton is doing the new version and adapting the original music. They could do a lot worse.

George Lucas on a Bench

The Yosemite scene with Goldsmith's music is a dead ringer for the opening credits of Star Trek V. I always expect to see Kirk climbing the mountain and Spock with his rocket boots. I'm going to miss that.

D

Deleted member 107043

So when does the new film open? Not too bad a year for DCA in terms of new experiences:
  1. Frozen Musical
  2. Soarin' Over the World
  3. Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom