NEW Soarin Over California?!? o_O

Old Mouseketeer

This is a bit vexing. All the infrastructure is in place for the new digital film. I'm guessing they need more testing of the motion control and scent (which is actually really simple).

My big question is whether they will debut the new film at Disneyland before Shanghai opens.

atsolomon

I keep seeing conflicting information about Soarin' & when its current refurb will end. Will it be up and running the week of Feb 15th #AskingForAFriend

GiveMeTheMusic

This is a bit vexing. All the infrastructure is in place for the new digital film. I'm guessing they need more testing of the motion control and scent (which is actually really simple).

My big question is whether they will debut the new film at Disneyland before Shanghai opens.

They will not. Shanghai is contractually obligated to premiere the film. The soonest the new film can show at DCA is June 17.

I keep seeing conflicting information about Soarin' & when its current refurb will end. Will it be up and running the week of Feb 15th #AskingForAFriend

It's closed down Mon-Thurs that week, and open Fri-Sun.

atsolomon

Ohhh. My family isn't going to be happy about that!

crying+sobbing.gif

Phroobar

Strange management decision there. Why close the most popular ride at DCA for the weekdays just because its ready to show a movie that they can't show until summer? I guess they are using it to program the ride for Shanghai as that building is constructed but what happens if the new park doesn't open on time? It obviously something they can swap in and out easily.

I guess Soaring has been Shanghaied.

JediMasterMatt

Strange management decision there. Why close the most popular ride at DCA for the weekdays just because its ready to show a movie that they can't show until summer? I guess they are using it to program the ride for Shanghai as that building is constructed but what happens if the new park doesn't open on time? It obviously something they can swap in and out easily.

I guess Soaring has been Shanghaied.

Shanghai bungling has reached across the ocean. DCA's version is closed so Shanghai's can be developed without relying on anything overseas. At least, the ability to quickly toggle between the old and new is possible. That leaves the door open for special events in the future to bring back the old version.

The good news is that DCA's Soarin will be the "real" experience as it is what was used to develop the new program.

ForeverAnna

I know a lot of people are thinking that but the current music is specific to the current film. It likely won't work with a new film.

I'm hoping for a new culturally diverse score composed to match the new culturally diverse segments.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom