New race to be announced in April

Wilt Dasney

I'm thinking that last one is Ron Art Chuck and I'm guessing you have to figure out what that shounds like. I'm thinking 'Runner something'

"Runner chuck"

Maybe the new race will require you to consume lots of greasy food and beer along the course? :shrug:

Wilt Dasney

Clue #10 is not a clue at all. Apparently all will be revealed Tuesday at 10 a.m. EST.

I have it on good authority that the announcment will take place in Anaheim with the mayor involved, so it sounds like this will be a Disneyland race...at least in part.

MKCP 1985

Clue #10 is not a clue at all. Apparently all will be revealed Tuesday at 10 a.m. EST.

I have it on good authority that the announcment will take place in Anaheim with the mayor involved, so it sounds like this will be a Disneyland race...at least in part.

Seeing as how Clue 10 features a lady running past Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty Castle, it had better be a Disneyland event! :lol:

Ariel484

I got the dates wrong and thought the race was going to be annouced today...looking back through the Facebook comments people were mentioning that there was confirmation of a Tinker Bell Half Marathon being announced for Disneyland tomorrow morning (the bolding in the quote below is from me):

Truthfully, we don’t really have any of the details of the new athletic event currently being teased by runDisney on its Facebook page but we can confirm that on Tuesday, April 19 at approximately 10 am ET (7 am PT), Disney will announce the inaugural ‘Tinker Bell Half Marathon’ at the Disneyland Resort.
The runDisney ‘Tinker Bell Half Marathon’ will provide ‘women and girls an opportunity to celebrate health, fitness, active lifestyles’ and will take place at the Disneyland Resort from January 27-29.

Until the official announcement, we invite everyone to review the clues from runDisney to see how they could apply to this pre-announcement.

• Clue 3: May refer to a combination of Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. Placing the illustrated maps side-by-side roughly produces the same teapot shape, complete with lid (Toontown), handle (Rivers of America) and crack (Jungle Cruise) (via Facebook clues page)
• Clue 6: The flag of Scotland undoubtedly refers to Peter Pan (and Tinker Bell) creator J.M. Barrie’s country of birth.
• Clue 9: The given names of the three hosts (Ronald Reagan, Art Linkletter, Bob Cummings) who hosted the televised opening of Disneyland (via runningoftheears.com)
• Clue 10: The pinkish, height-challenged castle appears to be Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland, but it seems the Tangled tower is where the Matterhorn should be. And, of course, Tinker Bell, is prominently featured. Lastly, some believe the mention of both time zones to be a possible ‘Coast to Coast’ half marathon event to be tied in with the Princess Half Marathon at Walt Disney World.

(source)...if it's not okay to post this link please take it down! :wave:

Gotta say, if all of the build-up was for this race - if this is actually what they've been teasing - I personally am disappointed...but judging from the Facebook comments it seems that a lot of people are excited at the prospect of another Disneyland race. It sort of makes sense since the Disneyland half sold out so quickly, but all the fanfare for what is essentially a Disneyland clone of WDW's Princess Half seems like a bit much to me. :shrug:

dreamfinder

Original Poster
I got the dates wrong and thought the race was going to be annouced today...looking back through the Facebook comments people were mentioning that there was confirmation of a Tinker Bell Half Marathon being announced for Disneyland tomorrow morning (the bolding in the quote below is from me):

(source)...if it's not okay to post this link please take it down! :wave:

Gotta say, if all of the build-up was for this race - if this is actually what they've been teasing - I personally am disappointed...but judging from the Facebook comments it seems that a lot of people are excited at the prospect of another Disneyland race. It sort of makes sense since the Disneyland half sold out so quickly, but all the fanfare for what is essentially a Disneyland clone of WDW's Princess Half seems like a bit much to me. :shrug:

Interesting theory. Most people seem to think that the clues do point to a DLR race. They do seem to need another race, but as you said, if its just a clone of Princess? Meh. And that is a screwy time to schedule it. A few weeks after marathon weekend, but a few weeks before Princess. Maybe a trifecta?

Wilt Dasney

Mini princess half = :snore:

I am looking forward to the explanation of all these clues. I have to admit I don't see the teapot emerging when you look at the DL/DCA maps together.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Mini princess half = :snore:

I guess they say there's no such thing as bad publicity, but I think they shot themselves in the foot with all the hype. I just can't imagine how anybody who has been trying to figure out clues is going to be excited about this.

Maybe I'll be surprised tomorrow, but it seems like they either should have come up with something really unique and special before hyping it the way they did or . . . if they knew (as appears to be the case) it was going to be a ho-hum race that would only appeal to a few people, they should have just announced it without the fanfare.:shrug:

I woke up this morning convined that today was the big reveal. I quickly realized that it is tomorrow. That having been said I hope that if there is a race in DL and that it might allow for a coast to coast princess medal.

dreamfinder

Original Poster
By all reports it does look like they will confirm the Tinkerbell Half Jan 27-29 in a few hours. Sounds like the unknown is how it will get tied in. Some new coast-coast-coast trifecta? Or something like that. Some other way to get an additional medal. I really was hoping for some different type of race.

Ariel484

By all reports it does look like they will confirm the Tinkerbell Half Jan 27-29 in a few hours. Sounds like the unknown is how it will get tied in. Some new coast-coast-coast trifecta? Or something like that. Some other way to get an additional medal. I really was hoping for some different type of race.

The last clue - with the runner in front of Sleeping Beauty castle - says "Join us on April 19 at 7AM PDT/10AM EDT for a special announcement and opportunity from runDisney." Then using the word "opportunity" makes me think that you're right about another coast-to-cost-type thing. I still think they sort of overdid it with the hype if this is really what the clues were referring to.

dreamfinder

Original Poster
The last clue - with the runner in front of Sleeping Beauty castle - says "Join us on April 19 at 7AM PDT/10AM EDT for a special announcement and opportunity from runDisney." Then using the word "opportunity" makes me think that you're right about another coast-to-cost-type thing. I still think they sort of overdid it with the hype if this is really what the clues were referring to.

I wouldn't be surprised if they used opportunity solely in the realm of "another opportunity to charge over $100 for a 1/2 marathon..... and these suckers will pay it, plus buy tons of merchandise....."

TakeMeThere81

I also think they overdid the hype. However, I'll be so excited if in fact this is confirmed! I totally think that another race is needed at Disneyland. I wanted to Coast-to-Coast this year but the DL Half sold out before I even had a chance to contemplate it!

Hmmm, I wonder what the opportunity thing is all about?

dreamfinder

Original Poster
Meh. Stitchkingdom just got full details confirmation. Nothing in there about any multi race medal. Sounds just like the Princess weekend, but themed to Tinkerbell. The medal could be cool as it is themed to Tinkerbell wings.

Edit: And it sounds like the special opportunity is that the registration is open, with the normal early reg discounts.

Second edit: Still can't see the stupid FB page, stuff keeps coming and going, but people have posted that the fans can register now. Nothing on the normal RunDisney site so that sounds like its the opportunity.

Ariel484

Meh indeed. Here's the registration info from another site (not sure if this includes the Facebook discount):

Entry Fees and Deadlines
Tinker Bell Half Marathon

* $120 by June 12, 2011
* $130 between June 13 and September 11, 2011
* $140 on or after September 12, 2011

Tinker Bell Half Marathon – 2-Person Team

* $240 by June 12, 2011
* $260 between June 13 and September 11, 2011
* $280 on or after September 12, 2011

Never Land Family Fun Run 5K

* $99 per participant (fee includes Twilight Theme Park Ticket*)

Disney Kids' Races
1-Mile Run

* $25 per child

Kids' Dashes

* $10 per child

*Twilight Ticket are only valid between Friday, January 27 and Monday, January 30, 2012

*sigh*

I'm curious to know why they thought the way to go was to make another race geared toward women...:shrug:

Ariel484

dreamfinder

Original Poster
Oops, posted at the same time! :) This is going to sound weird, but I'm a little jealous that the tech shirt is long-sleeved...and I'm really surprised that there's no coast-to-coast tie-in.

Ditto on the coast to coast. I do wonder if they will update the eligible races to include it though. I don't have so much an issue with the event itself, but rather the way they hyped it. I still can't see how some of those clues tie in the the theme. And I think that most people would have rather seen something different. A tri, real adventure run, something like that. I'm sure it will sell out. And won't be surprised if my mother/sister sign up for it. And the 5k is tempting, but can't justify the cost to the wife.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom