New race to be announced in April

dreamfinder

Original Poster
A completely different take on the numbers (if they are indeed using the titles to relate to numbers) A race on 3/4 that is a 4 person 50 mile relay. 3/4/12 is a Sunday, possibly the same weekend as ESPN The Weekend next year, so maybe something to tie into the existing 5k? But that does put 2 larger endurance races right next to each other since they already announced the 2012 Princess dates.

MKCP 1985

Official Race Clue 1: Ready? The time is finally here! Our first series clue features Fantasia, Dumbo and Tangled!

app_full_proxy.php

Official Race Clue 2: Noodle on today’s clue, where a world of fantasy awaits. It's ready for you at the link below
app_full_proxy.php

Hey, 25 is missing. :lookaroun

MKCP 1985

Official Race Clue 3: Let’s see if you can get a read on the answer to today’s clue at the link below.

app_full_proxy.php

Ms. Potts with a crack in her back . . . and a bird.

Its all coming together now. :lookaroun

disneyrcks

Did you read the comments? Some people don't seem too excited about playing RunDisney's little game...I'm talking about comments saying things like "You're dragging it out," "It's lost its impact," "I'm annoyed and bored with this clue stuff," etc. :lol:

Lol no I didn't have a chance to read the comments but I may have to! :lol: I have been reading the clues but still have no idea....

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
app_full_proxy.php

Ms. Potts with a crack in her back . . . and a bird.

Its all coming together now. :lookaroun

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

I've decided that the clues are so vague there's no way we'll guess. I saw they had spots for 10 clues, so they're not going to ruin their game by giving us anything we can guess now. Maybe by the 9th clue.

lukacseven

I almost want to boycott the race, based on the stupidity of the whole clue concept. Does anyone think it's fun trying to figure out what, when, where the new "race" is? After all the nonsense, it better be something REALLY good!

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I almost want to boycott the race, based on the stupidity of the whole clue concept. Does anyone think it's fun trying to figure out what, when, where the new "race" is? After all the nonsense, it better be something REALLY good!

I thought it was a cool idea when I assumed they would give us a couple clues and then announce it within 3 or 4 days of the first clue.

At this point, unless the course is run at least partially on the moon and Scarlett Johanson, naked in a vat of bannana pudding is one of the prizes, I don't think the race will live up to the hype.:lookaroun

Did anyone else notice that they put a Scottish flag on the facebook page and then took it off?!? WTH....SMH I hope they make the announcement soon :confused:

dreamfinder

Original Poster
Can anyone post the last few days worth of clues? I know most people stopped caring, but I am interested in seeing them. Thanks!

MKCP 1985

I would like to see them as well. I don't have a facebook account.

Official Race Clue 4: Today we feature polar opposites, and you may have to trek around a bit to find the answer.
app_full_proxy.php

Official Race Clue 5: Looks like we’re closing the distance on our reveal date as we hit the halfway mark!

app_full_proxy.php

Official Race Clue 6: Everyone has a guess as to what these clues mean, but does your guess match the author's answer?
app_full_proxy.php

Official Race Clue 7: It may help if we were able to solicit a Roman god in solving these clues…
app_full_proxy.php

Official Race Clue 8: Eight clues means we’re quickly approaching the final act. Work to solve today’s exclusive fan riddle at the link below.
app_full_proxy.php

Okay, everyone is up to date. Have fun with all that!

dreamfinder

Original Poster
Hopefully when they announce the new race, they will post how all of these clues tie into the new race. Cause they really make no sense at all.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Here's my clue. Are you ready? Are you ready for it?

166475_1558366444626_1399203865_31250185_7006387_n.jpg

Do you have it? Have you figured it out?

Okay, let me help you a little bit. Who is that in the photo?

Did you guess my wife and me? Then you're on the right track.:king:

Now look real hard at the photo again.

Do you see what we're not doing?

Look real closely . . .

That's right!! You got it!!:sohappy:

We're not giving a s***!!!

If we actually were giving a s*** it would be a pretty gross picture and not at all appropriate for this forum.:lookaroun

MKCP 1985

Gary, :lol:

Today's clue: "Boy have we enjoyed hosting these clues, and we’re sad there’s only one left after today."

app_full_proxy.php

Okay, here's my best (and only) guess:

There will be a race at Disney during the time of the Princess Half Marathon weekend, and the date will be March 4, 2012. The race will inclusive for men, unlike the Princess Half Marathon.

That's really all I feel comfortable guessing. The type, length, whether it is a biathlon or triathlon or even a 5K - no clue. :lol: And I might still be completely wrong. :shrug:

Wilt Dasney

At this point, unless the course is run at least partially on the moon and Scarlett Johanson, naked in a vat of bannana pudding is one of the prizes, I don't think the race will live up to the hype.:lookaroun

Well, with that image in my head, I'm pretty much guaranteed to be disappointed now. :(

I really, really like banana pudding... :lookaroun

PS These "clues" are a joke. :lol:

dreamfinder

Original Poster
Gary, :lol:

Okay, here's my best (and only) guess:

There will be a race at Disney during the time of the Princess Half Marathon weekend, and the date will be March 4, 2012. The race will inclusive for men, unlike the Princess Half Marathon.

That's really all I feel comfortable guessing. The type, length, whether it is a biathlon or triathlon or even a 5K - no clue. :lol: And I might still be completely wrong. :shrug:

Interesting theory. But the Princess Half is inclusive. Men can register and run in it, they just don't promote it as such. Nor do they make it attractive to men. Shirts were all womens sizes/cut, got a free subscription to Redbook (Yippy!), etc. Appparently other races geared towards women do the same thing. Legally they can't exclude men or something like that. So one race has shirtless firemen awarding the finishers medals, others really pile on the female centric swag.

That 3/4 does throw it for a loop though. Since they already have the Princess half weekend, and the ESPN 5k right at that same time. Perhaps they are just gonna add a bigger even to the ESPN deal? Perhaps tie a bi/triathalon into that? Then you get your female centric event one week, and your male centric event the next week?

Although that last clue with 3 men, of which I know at least 2 are royalty (King Arthur/Prince Charles) ties back into the Princess weekend as you suggested, but leans towards that tri, and as people elsewhere have guessed, ironman tri? Very interesting. I would almost be tempted to try to train for that but my wife would kill me.....

Edit: Except after a quick bit of research, there is already and Ironman 70.3 that takes place at WDW, just not an official WDW race. Maybe they are taking that within the runDisney family?

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I'm thinking that last one is Ron Art Chuck and I'm guessing you have to figure out what that shounds like. I'm thinking 'Runner something'

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom