New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
It's probably an apt description though. Illuminations is my favorite show, but given how well they do projection mapping on larger surfaces, the Earth globe isn't as impressive any more.

Also, in a press release today, Disney official said 2017 for Rivers of Light, no season was given.

So where on any official Disney site can this press release be found? I can find it nowhere.

Bocabear

I say they start from scratch and install a WOC fountain platform. Had they went that route RoL would have been open last Spring :rolleyes: and had more "wow" moments...
Wouldn't that fountain equipment require pretty pristine water to run withou lots of fountain failures? The waterways at Animal Kingdom are a lot more natural and full of junk...unlike Paradise Bay...

HauntedMansionFLA

Because of the previews I am still thinking an early 2017 opening rather than Summer 2017. Why preview something that is potentially 6 months away from opening.
I was at DAK this past Monday and two older cast members said January 2017. Previews are on going for cage members. I know, it's just about as good as hearing something from the bus driver. No testing was going on at all Monday. The area is beautiful. They really hit it out of the park theme wise. Seating will be interesting. It might be smart to make sure you get the show right and open it with Avatar to spread out the crowds. I was bummed about missing out on the shows debut.

RSoxNo1

Because of the previews I am still thinking an early 2017 opening rather than Summer 2017. Why preview something that is potentially 6 months away from opening.
They're previewing it for cast members not guests. The Jim Hill report was that Iger didn't think it was strong enough for guests, but they can still run shows with an audience and tweak things.

Rinx

I'm gonna go ahead and edit the release to what they really meant to say:

Rivers of Light – Coming, maybe in 2017 but who knows, this powerful theatrical production takes Disney’s Animal Kingdom guests on a magnificent emotional journey – a visual mix of water, fire, nature and light choreographed to an original musical score. Continuing the park’s transformation from a day-into-nighttime experience, the amazing after-dark show on the banks of Discovery River celebrates the majesty of nature and the connection between animals and humans in the world. With innovative and never-before-seen technology, Rivers of Light will be unlike any other production ever staged at Walt Disney World Resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom