New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

RSoxNo1

"boring part of IllumiNations", so pathetic that people think this way. Ugh :mad: :p
It's probably an apt description though. Illuminations is my favorite show, but given how well they do projection mapping on larger surfaces, the Earth globe isn't as impressive any more.

Also, in a press release today, Disney official said 2017 for Rivers of Light, no season was given.

RSoxNo1

Projection mapping will NEVER be as amazing as the Earth globe. What kind of delusion? Sorry but people who think the middle half of RoE is boring, will not be taken seriously by me, ever.

I think more accurately, those people, "don't get it". Regarding the Earth Globe, I think it needs an update and/or needs to be larger. I could also see that section of the show being highlighted with the Flixels tech, showcasing the large screens on drones.

Notes from Neverland

"Coming in 2017" is so vague, but it makes sense given their failed earlier announcement. Still hoping that means January 2017, but it seems pretty unlikely with how that's worded.

TTA94

I say they start from scratch and install a WOC fountain platform. Had they went that route RoL would have been open last Spring :rolleyes: and had more "wow" moments...

ToTBellHop

I say they stay on the same path they're currently on and continue perfecting a truly unique show and not waste their time trying to replicate what is literally the most overrated nighttime show in the history of Disney parks.
I agree. This show is novel and I think it will be worth a bit more waiting to have an excellent show for many years to come. I remember when Test Track was delayed by...18 months, was it? Somehow, I survived.

jrhwdw

Strange they did CM previews now when RoL may not open until Spring or Likely summer with Avatar.

Because of the previews I am still thinking an early 2017 opening rather than Summer 2017. Why preview something that is potentially 6 months away from opening.

I HOPE! Otherwise, why bother with CM Previews now??? Maybe People should be asking Iger when he's at WDW the next couple days:" Gee Bob , MSEP is opening in DL on Jan 20th , What's WDW doing?????" It's looking like NO ROL, NO Announcement of MSEP 's replacement , Not even FOF at night unless TDO gets going and puts it on the schedule.(would be a nice surprise if we got a night FOF over Christmas/New Years!) But MK has new $600 Cabanas!?!?!?
  • :rolleyes:

TDO, you don't look real good when it comes to ROL and MSEP!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom