New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Next Big Thing

I was thinking about this last night. Joe Rohde is at AK multiple times a year and he is well aware of the broken yeti. If someone as prominent in TWDC as Joe couldn't get Tom, Jay, Meg & Bob to cough off some $$ to fix that thing by now, i don't think it's ever going to happen.
I think part of the problem is Everest has never been able to close for an extended refurb since it opened.

Once Pandora opens, there will be extra capacity to allow a refurb to happen.

MatthewWho13

dstrawn9889

It. Does. Not. Need. To. Close. To. Fix. It.
since the fix needs to stop the incursion of moving parts over the guests... it is not worth turning it back on. (IMHO, i believe it was disney legal that shut this AA down, because after the mechanical failure they saw that the AA ould possibly break the ride vehicles safety bubble-- allowing a part of the mechanical systems to come to a point where it can damage the ride vehicle, or for that matter, the occupants.)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
since the fix needs to stop the incursion of moving parts over the guests... it is not worth turning it back on. (IMHO, i believe it was disney legal that shut this AA down, because after the mechanical failure they saw that the AA ould possibly break the ride vehicles safety bubble-- allowing a part of the mechanical systems to come to a point where it can damage the ride vehicle, or for that matter, the occupants.)
Doesn't matter. So long as a redundant safety back up is in place, there can still be moving items above a ride path. See Splash, HMH, PotC etc.

But yes, you're right in that legal was also involved.

Kman101

I'm still happy I was able to ride it and see it working. A bad ride? No. It's just a shame that they have that mentality. And it's a waste to just have it stand there.

Disney Analyst

Interesting hearing Joe Rhodes saying that it is incredibly complicated due to the foundation in an existing structure. I mean, that was from 2013... but I guess they still haven't figured it out?

ToTBellHop

It's not one that isn't shared by others. Aside, from best park in Orlando, I think everything he said has basis behind it.

It is not a bad ride sans-yeti. You may just have that opinion bc you were one of the few to see it working.
"Not a bad ride" is a reasonable compliment for Legoland, as in, "well, I guess we should be happy they tried a little bit this time." It's not good enough for Disney. E-tickets are supposed to be outstanding. And they usually are. Here, it's a "not bad" ride using a pretty fun coaster track. I hope River of Light is somewhat better than, "not bad."

flyerjab

"Not a bad ride" is a reasonable compliment for Legoland, as in, "well, I guess we should be happy they tried a little bit this time." It's not good enough for Disney. E-tickets are supposed to be outstanding. And they usually are. Here, it's a "not bad" ride using a pretty fun coaster track. I hope River of Light is somewhat better than, "not bad."

Well, like Martin said, personal opinion is a wonderful thing.

Next Big Thing

I hope RoL is incredible. But no one is paying to get into DAK for a yeti whether it works or not.

ToTBellHop

I hope RoL is incredible. But no one is paying to get into DAK for a yeti whether it works or not.
I agree with you. That doesn't excuse the drop in standards but it does make sense for a company focused on the bottom line only.

RoL, on the other hand, could get more guests in the park. Surely Disney realizes this and will put on a wonderful show. Nighttime spectaculars are routinely, well, spectacular, though. I'm optimistic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom