New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Cesar R M

I have been waiting SO LONG for a new original show with no characters / movie tie ins
This looks amazing!

Hopefully it'll be AK's RoE, but with today's technology
Its already confirmed it wont have characters?
because I can imagine they WILL add either rafiki or pumba/timon for the kids.

I mean, the video seems to copy the "animal spirits" effect of the BROTHER BEAR movie.

jrhwdw

I mean, the video seems to copy the "animal spirits" effect of the BROTHER BEAR movie.
Not only that but I will be down right shocked if ROL doesn't use Circle of Life. Maybe even Colors of the wind.

halltd

I think it'd be cooler to have the ToL projection show at the same time as RoL, thereby spreading people out AT the tree and also in the arena. I mean, really it seems like they're doing that anyways because if you have projections on the tree even as part of RoL, it'll still seem like a show when standing right in front of the tree.

I think that's a great idea to even out the crowds.

Have I mentioned that I LOVE everything DAK? :)

jrhwdw

Yeah, my guess has been a separate projection show specifically on the tree, plus some lighting on the tree as a backdrop for/during RoL. At least that what's I'm hoping for.
Which would tell me that TDO and/or Guests like the CTM/Wishes setup. So, maybe we'll get a new projection show along with a new pyro show when the MK is due!

bjm72385

Didn't I read at some point that all the leaves on ToL would be replaced with fiber optic ones? That seems like a pretty big task and I don't recall seeing the first thing about this being done. Did plans change or have they just not started this yet? Or am I just imagining something here?

Timothy_Q

It hasn't been confirmed.
But everything Joe has said so far in different occasions indicates the show will be about nature itself.
Not once were disney movies mentioned. Or "disney movies come to life".
Unlike for WoC where they mentioned disney movies every single time.

I'm staying hopeful. Every other recent addition/expansion to AK has been done perfectly in sync with the park's theme.

ToTBellHop

I'm not sure which one I find more disturbing.....the fact that Disney is losing the one thing I found truly charming about Animal Kingdom...the fact that the animals and the park actually go to bed at night.........

....... or that Joe's creepy, giant, stretched out earlobe.
I don't know that you understand all of the animals in the park. They don't all have the sleep schedule of a sparrow. Ever looked out on the savanna at night at AKL?

Look up how many minutes of the day a giraffe sleeps.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Didn't I read at some point that all the leaves on ToL would be replaced with fiber optic ones? That seems like a pretty big task and I don't recall seeing the first thing about this being done. Did plans change or have they just not started this yet? Or am I just imagining something here?

There were definitely rumors of some sort of lighting enhancement to the tree, but I don't know if the details were ever confirmed. I will say that there have been a number of permits for the tree over the past year. Some of these were likely related to repairing the problems that lead to the fallen limb a while back, but some were also probably for ROL enhancements.

flyerjab

The one thing that really excites me about this is the fact that fireworks will not be involved. That means a greater emphasis on lighting, physical effects, colors, video project quality, and the story itself. When you see the list of those involved this could prove to be a remarkable night time event.

It is amazing to see how cohesive and thematic a park can be when you have a passionate Imagineer steering the course for the direction of the park.

JohnD

The one thing that really excites me about this is the fact that fireworks will not be involved. That means a greater emphasis on lighting, physical effects, colors, video project quality, and the story itself. When you see the list of those involved this could prove to be a remarkable night time event.

It is amazing to see how cohesive and thematic a park can be when you have a passionate Imagineer steering the course for the direction of the park.

Yeah. They can't do fireworks anyway. It would freak out the animals. So the benefit is more emphasis on the things you mentioned.

doctornick

Yeah. They can't do fireworks anyway. It would freak out the animals. So the benefit is more emphasis on the things you mentioned.

I think that's a bit of an urban myth -- people have stated that Busch Gardens, for example, does pyro despite having animals -- but I like having greater variation among the night time shows anyway. This sounds like a great compliment to the offerings at the other parks.

I'm hopeful that the additions at DAK and DHS will help to spread out evening crowds much better across the property.

RSoxNo1

It hasn't been confirmed.
But everything Joe has said so far in different occasions indicates the show will be about nature itself.
Not once were disney movies mentioned. Or "disney movies come to life".
Unlike for WoC where they mentioned disney movies every single time.

I'm staying hopeful. Every other recent addition/expansion to AK has been done perfectly in sync with the park's theme.
They will be using Disney Nature footage. I don't believe they will be using other Disney film footage.

JohnD

I think that's a bit of an urban myth -- people have stated that Busch Gardens, for example, does pyro despite having animals -- but I like having greater variation among the night time shows anyway. This sounds like a great compliment to the offerings at the other parks.

I'm hopeful that the additions at DAK and DHS will help to spread out evening crowds much better across the property.

Really? All I need to do is watch my dog or cat when fireworks go off. I assure you -- not an urban myth. For the very reason there are animals in AK, you won't see or hear fireworks.

I agree that these additions will hopefully spread out the crowds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom