New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I just had one of those huh! moments. Chicago Park District & Disney putting out the same type of entertainment, just Chicago's is free. As soon as I saw this announcement all I could think of was AK-Jungle.

Sidebar: I was born in Chicago proper in a neighborhood called Humboldt Park. It had a beautiful lagoon, building and beaches. A massive, wonderful place I remember well even though I haven't been back since I was 6 years old when we moved. It has now been renovated after years of neglect and beaches have reopened (sound familiar?) Celebration is about to happen and it will have its very own version of what Disney has done with Jungle.

humboldtparkdancers-dnainfo.jpg

It will have floating barges with live music and dancers with lights floating out on the lagoon.

Variable

It will have floating barges with live music and dancers with lights floating out on the lagoon.

Given that man-constructed vessels have existed for at least 10,000 years, if not 45,000, it's quite likely there's been dancing of some kind onboard marine vessels waaaaaay before Disney or Chicago.

:)

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Not necessarily, It appears there is budget NOW for the testing, But not back when the show was due to premiere. IF you have any experience with budgeting at a large US corporation you cannot DO anything unless funds are allocated ahead of time, The money does not flow from a cornucopia it's made available through a painstaking process.

You have total lost it now. They where testing before the show was put on hold. I think that's how they found the problem.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
They where testing before the show was put on hold. I think that's how they found the problem
Has a "main problem" been identified or is it multiple small problems or a mixture of both? Im honestly just asking as I have not read every page. I read about the GPS issues. Is that what your referring to?

(i know we butted heads last week, but im seriously just curious and not trying to start anything)

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Has a "main problem" been identified or is it multiple small problems or a mixture of both? Im honestly just asking as I have not read every page. I read about the GPS issues. Is that what your referring to?

(i know we butted heads last week, but im seriously just curious and not trying to start anything)

I do not think anyone really knows at this point.

jakeman

Depends on who you talk to.

On one hand it appears that we don't have clear information on what the problem is.

On the other, "Corporate America" is using the funds to light their imported Cuban cigars while they plan to liquidate the company.

It's really a toss up at this point on which one is more likely.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I just had one of those huh! moments. Chicago Park District & Disney putting out the same type of entertainment, just Chicago's is free. As soon as I saw this announcement all I could think of was AK-Jungle.

Sidebar: I was born in Chicago proper in a neighborhood called Humboldt Park. It had a beautiful lagoon, building and beaches. A massive, wonderful place I remember well even though I haven't been back since I was 6 years old when we moved. It has now been renovated after years of neglect and beaches have reopened (sound familiar?) Celebration is about to happen and it will have its very own version of what Disney has done with Jungle.

humboldtparkdancers-dnainfo.jpg

already looks better than the Jungle Book ;)

Princess_AmyK

I'm assuming this won't be ready by October? I havent read through all 242 pages so sorry if I missed updates but was just curious on the status of this show?
From what i understand, The Jungle Book show isn't something to worry about missing so i am hoping that maybe this will be running by the time my trip gets here.

MagicHappens1971

I'm assuming this won't be ready by October? I havent read through all 242 pages so sorry if I missed updates but was just curious on the status of this show?
From what i understand, The Jungle Book show isn't something to worry about missing so i am hoping that maybe this will be running by the time my trip gets here.
It may. The show is being tested again, I'm no insider but I'm still saying it will debut in September

Princess_AmyK

It may. The show is being tested again, I'm no insider but I'm still saying it will debut in September

It could be up as soon as September but no promises, they are definitely trying to work as fast as they can and roll out the show, they just dont want anything to go wrong with the opening like last time ^_^

This would be great! Thank you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom