New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

dreamscometrue

So IF they continue to stay on track with no problems.. My guess would be that Labor Day weekend would be more of a soft open/unannounced deal?
That would be a good idea; to be 100% sure that it is show ready. As others have noted too, you can't book 'The Jungle Book' dining package for any dates past Labor Day. Hopefully, that's another indicator that early September is at least their target.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
The religion of India is pretty fascinating as it's pretty cool with a lot of stuff, provided you don't hurt anyone in the process. The idea is that you indulge yourself and then you'll hopefully get tired of it and go on to other, more spiritual pursuits. Admittedly, that is a gross oversimplification of an incredibly complex, interwoven systems of faith.

"religion of India" Well ~80% of the population of India practices Hinduism, but there are also lots of others that follow Sikh, Christian, Muslim, Jain, Zoroaster, Sri Guru Nanak Dev, Adi Shankaracharya just to mention a few... that's a very big generalization. India isn't monolithic and its very regional in dress, speech, and food.

Matt_Black

"religion of India" Well ~80% of the population of India practices Hinduism, but there are also lots of others that follow Sikh, Christian, Muslim, Jain, Zoroaster, Sri Guru Nanak Dev, Adi Shankaracharya just to mention a few... that's a very big generalization. India isn't monolithic and its very regional in dress, speech, and food.

Which is while you'll note I said my statement was, in fact, a gross oversimplification.

aprincessatlasst

The parks blog marketed it as a "limited engagement", just for the summer. I can't see them extended it, especially with the horrible reviews it got. I haven't had a chance to see it yet so I don't know how terrible it is

I was extremely optimistic about this show. We are not your yearly or bi yearly visitors so our expectations were different than that of folks who go all the time. I know how people get on chat boards so took what they said with a grain of salt but they were right on this one.This show was positively terrible! Hopefully the Fall visitors will get the new show. If you miss the current one, you are missing nothing but as they say YMMV (not so sure on this one though...lol)

Blairnicol

From @Blog_Mickey on twitter:

"Looks like our first look at the RoL centerpiece."

CoSzqEiWcAAhj3I.jpg

Looks like it's going to be huge based on the people standing next to it.

That float is MASSIVE. No wonder they were having issues navigating stuff of that size with no one on board.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom