New modern day costumes coming to American Adventure?

asianway

Original Poster
I love how, when pointed out that the hideous new costumes don't match those of the Voices of Liberty, their response is to put the VoL in similar hideous costumes as well.

Then, when realizing that the drum corps won't match, they just decide to get ride of them. Geniuses at work.

Why do I have a feeling that the fife and drum corps is going to just "disappear" rather than move to them MK.
They'll move them to mk, then Phil n' Melissa can work their budgetary magic! Over/under 1 year

cbsav

Any update on when these costumes will start being used (unless they already have and i missed it, in which case, sorry)?

CaptainShortty

I heard Sep 23

It keeps getting pushed back. One of my best friends works QS at Liberty Inn. They were originally supposed to be out already. All of the CMs have already been fitted for them.Now I believe the new date is right around the 23rd. They will be out by the end of September unless they have to push the date back again.

prberk

I was there last week, and took these pictures:
15-star flag atop AA at EPCOT.JPG

The flag at the top of the American Adventure, sporting 15 stars ... representing the actual Star-Spangled Banner
Flag History - 15 Star Spangled Banner Flag Adopted in 1795

The 15 star flag was adopted May 1, 1795 after the admission of Vermont (the 14th state) and Kentucky (the 15th state) to the Union. It is the 3rd flag of the United States.
There are 15 stripes - 8 red and 7 white that represent the 15 states. This flag is the only U.S. flag to have more than 13 stripes. There are 15 white 5-pointed stars on a field of blue in the upper left corner in five rows of three in alternating columns. During the bombing of Fort McHenry (Sept 13, 1814), Francis Scott Key was inspired to write one of our country's most patriotic songs, our national anthem - The Star Spangled Banner.

[Although the actual Star Spangled Banner, flown over Fort McHenry in Baltimore during the War of 1812, had 15 stripes, several different versions of this flag existed, some with 13 stripes like here still representing the original 13 colonies, which was adopted as the standard for stripes in all future American flags by an act of Congress in 1818.]

Fife & Drum tavern at AA.JPG

The "Fife and Drum Tavern" in front of AA... looks like it came right out of Colonial Williamsburg, representing the Colonial period right here in Virginia, but it is right there in EPCOT.
Publick Dining Room at AA.JPG

The "Publick" Dining Room at the American Adventure, spelled the 18th-Century Colonial way... just like in Colonial Williamsburg.

I am tempted to be smart-Alec and say, "So, obviously the costumes should be modern!" But I really feel that I have to be serious and ask the folks at Disney to take a look at these pictures and just think for a minute of how well themed this pavilion is to the Colonial period before they pull the trigger on this change and bring in costumes for the greeters that would clash rediculously with this magnificent detail.

This also goes for the Voices of Liberty singers. I have not read whether their costumes will also change, but they should not. Their signature recreation of the early American songbook is gorgeous and really helps to transport us back to that time... and so should their costumes. And if they are thinking about modernizing the sound of the Voices of Liberty, once again it will clash with the building, but more important, we will be losing some truly wonderful and scarce sounds, in exchange for sounds more readily available anywhere.

I know many Disney managers and imagineers read these boards. I hope one with look at these pictures and change their mind. If you know one, please point him or her to this post. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Paul

Attachments

• American Adventure colonial buildings.JPG
    American Adventure colonial buildings.JPG
    294.6 KB · Views: 61

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom