1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

New modern day costumes coming to American Adventure?

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by asianway, Jun 28, 2012.

1. asianway

asianway Well-Known Member

************ is reporting the period costumes at AA will be going away in favor of modern day suits. If true, how do you defend this? I'm sure someone will be along in a minute to set me straight...

2. Kiff

Kiff Member

Modern day American costumes? Jcrew... or maybe a stained T-Shirt from Walt Disney World. :confused:

3. FrankLapidus

FrankLapidus Well-Known Member

If that is the case then it would be a shame; the costumes of the different WS countries lend to each of their individual theming so it would be disappointing to lost that.

Alison1975 likes this.
  4. asianway

asianway Well-Known Member Original Poster

Classy like the ones VoL wear on July 4th, but def not period

5. COProgressFan

COProgressFan Well-Known Member

Wow...that is a completely terrible idea. Hopefully this is just rumor. How could anyone in costuming think this would be a good idea?

afarese likes this.
  6. bethymouse

bethymouse Well-Known Member

So then that means all worlds in the showcase should have more modern costumes? I think it's a very bad idea!:(

Pooh Lover and afarese like this.
  7. wolf359

wolf359 Well-Known Member

Unlike many, I think I'm going to need to see exactly what the "new" costume actually looks like (or see if this goes anywhere beyond the rumor stage) before sharpening my pitchfork.

That said, I "get" the colonial attire choice of the costuming, but I don't think the pavilion absolutely requires it. It isn't as if the pavilion is meant to represent a time warp back to a specific time period in the same way Liberty Square does.

8. Tigger1988

Tigger1988 Well-Known Member

Yup, lets wait to see if it's even TRUE before losing it.

afarese likes this.
  9. the.dreamfinder

the.dreamfinder Well-Known Member

10. COProgressFan

COProgressFan Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone lost it. Just stating that, if true, the concept of using a costume with a current-day look at AA is a terrible idea. Hopefully it never happens.

11. TP2000

TP2000 Well-Known Member

The problem with this is that the average ride operator CM could never be confused with a fashion model, in either body type or facial characteristics. Putting these CM's in "modern" uniforms circa 2012 would make them look like an airline ticket agent at best, or a fast food burger flipper with an eating disorder at worst.

And if they go for a more formal business suit look, when Disney tries to create "suits" for uniforms, they do it so badly that you are just sort of embarassed for the CM's wearing the disastrously tailored and fitted polyester business suits. Especially the suit jackets for men from Disney; they have the lumpiest shoulders and most cheaply done seams. The sleeve length and torso tailoring is non-existent quite obviously, so all the guy CM's in the jackets just sort of look like they are borrowing something from their brothers closet. :confused:

I am trying to hold out hope this is a bad rumor, but I can't imagine how this would be good for the pavilion or showmanship. And what about the other pavilion's uniforms? Ditch the kimonos, leiderhosen, knickers, ponchos and caftans all around the World Showcase lagoon. Will they put everyone in American-imperialist "casual" clothes from The Gap and pretend we're just one big bland global culture with expand-a-belt trousers?

12. rsoxguy

rsoxguy Well-Known Member

This would mean that all of the male CM's will be required to have their slacks riding below their boxer shorts.

13. asianway

asianway Well-Known Member Original Poster

What took you so long?

Any CMs on here that can check upcoming costumes on the hub?

14. Cmdr_Crimson

Cmdr_Crimson Well-Known Member

Ugh!! Could you imagine if the "ONE Disney" Went all Six Flags-ian and everyone went to the one colored polo & Khakis....*Shudders*

15. sgtmgd

sgtmgd Well-Known Member

lol:rolleyes:

16. sgtmgd

sgtmgd Well-Known Member

lol..BUT they would be Disney Polos and Khakis

17. olinecoach61

olinecoach61 Well-Known Member

That would be awful!

18. Clever Name

Clever Name Well-Known Member

The entire American Adventure Pavilion at Epcot needs to be redone. It is a total lie from beginning to end. First of all, America includes the entire continents of both north and south America. The story told at Epcot revolves around the founding of the United States of America not America. Please remember that Brazilians are Americans too as are Canadians!

19. MAF

MAF Well-Known Member

Uh you're talking about a continent, not a country. o_O

20. Clever Name

Clever Name Well-Known Member

That's exactly right. America is a continent. I think I said that (I made it bigger in my OP for ease of understanding). So are we talking about the adventure of a continent? No, the show talks about the founding of the United States of America.

Mexico is part of America.