New MK welcome show debuts Jan. 9th

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Well, they could remove it and it wouldn't affect ticket sales... So why not?
(and this is why I no longer go)

I can be quite critical of Disney, and TDO in particular, but I hope they don't. I could see this going either way, but I really do hope that the bean counters don't prevail and a little 5 minute stage show to start the day at MK sticks around.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think they should have just put the Mayor and some friends in the Main Street vehicles... followed by Mickey in an open top vehicle.. let them make some announcement in town square.. then have the vehicles 'lead the way' down main street to the hub with a sound track playing. When they get to the Hub, they make a splash... and then retreat down the parade route.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I think they should have just put the Mayor and some friends in the Main Street vehicles... followed by Mickey in an open top vehicle.. let them make some announcement in town square.. then have the vehicles 'lead the way' down main street to the hub with a sound track playing. When they get to the Hub, they make a splash... and then retreat down the parade route.
Something like that would be best, but basically impossible with the crowds at park open. The castle stage and the train station were both separated from the guests

flynnibus

Premium Member
Something like that would be best, but basically impossible with the crowds at park open. The castle stage and the train station were both separated from the guests

The entirety of Main Street is not packed... and the cars can operate during normal park hours.. so with similar assistance they could work here too. You could even rope off the street itself if you were too worried... or keep people in town square (tho you'd lose the shopping angle).

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
The entirety of Main Street is not packed... and the cars can operate during normal park hours.. so with similar assistance they could work here too. You could even rope off the street itself if you were too worried... or keep people in town square (tho you'd lose the shopping angle).
If it isn't too packed in Main Street for rope drop, then I'd love something like this.

Roping off parts of main street or keeping people in town square would defeat the purpose of opening up Main Street to spread out crowds and let people get breakfast while they wait.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Roping off parts of main street or keeping people in town square would defeat the purpose of opening up Main Street to spread out crowds and let people get breakfast while they wait.

The purpose is to get people away from the security boundary... once you are in the park, that risk is far less. Everything else is just gravy....

NearTheEars

If they brought back the original Main Street Bakery cinnamon rolls just for this hour through to 10:30 am, all of the complaints would vanish.

I never had the original cinnamon rolls (gasp!) but did they taste different from the ones now served at Gaston's (which I've had several times now)?

I google both, and they look the same.
Obviously that doesn't say much about taste.

drizgirl

I never had the original cinnamon rolls (gasp!) but did they taste different from the ones now served at Gaston's (which I've had several times now)?

I google both, and they look the same.
Obviously that doesn't say much about taste.

The Gaston's cinnamon rolls have a maple flavored icing.

Donaldfan1934

I liked it. Miss the Good Morning song, but I love Zip-a-dee-do-da. So it's all good. This is a much better way to start the day then the holding pen out front.
Same here. While I can agree with other that this welcome show feels more corporate Disney, the orchestration of Zip-a-dee-do-dah feels like true Disney.

Donaldfan1934

Love it. This Would've been a more proper replacement for the train.

TLDJR

I'm looking forward to experiencing this. I will also miss the former opening show but I am excited about walking up and down Main Street without fighting a crowd on the way to the rides. Plus I get to shop without wasting park time doing it. Finally, after living in Florida for 40+ years, I've had enough of the brutal sun. I look forward to being able to stand in the shade while waiting for rope drop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom