New MK welcome show debuts Jan. 9th

21stamps

I think they only use the characters who have meet and greets that start in the morning. Or at least mostly. I will say I like the use of the Fairy Godmother.
Does Stitch still meet in the MK? He didn't on our 2015 trip...but then friends in 2016 met him, as recently as September. However, I never noticed him on the app when we were just there.

MagicHappens1971

Does Stitch still meet in the MK? He didn't on our 2015 trip...but then friends in 2016 met him, as recently as September. However, I never noticed him on the app when we were just there.
Last I remember, Stitch was meeting in Town Square once he took Marie's spot after her "return to France" last year.

Jo DeVil

I have read all the way through this thread and the park blog site and no where does anyone ask or say anything about Morning Extra Magic Hours! Hopefully it won't cause to many issues getting to the rides when they are having to keep non resort guests on the hub and Main st.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I have read all the way through this thread and the park blog site and no where does anyone ask or say anything about Morning Extra Magic Hours! Hopefully it won't cause to many issues getting to the rides when they are having to keep non resort guests on the hub and Main st.
What is your question about emh?

WDWYankee15

Regarding the now "old" show, they also had a version of the opening show they would do when the train could not run. Generally the train was not operated during certain weather conditions. It is too bad they didn't just move that version to the castle stage. Maybe remove the Casey Jr song and add a there different song. Change the dialog portions up to remove references to the train. They could still be awaiting Mickey to arrive to open the park.

copcarguyp71

Am I a dinosaur not good with change...yes
Do I tend to be cynical....sometimes
Am I happy with the current direction of the parks....no
Do I love WDW in my heart....yes

Now that I have gotten that out of the way (and since everyone is chiming in with their thoughts) I guess I have to say I preferred to old welcome show. First off you weren't actually in the MK yet...it was all anticipation...the world awaited and the excitement just built and built with each announcement that came over the loudspeakers.

They say they wanted more room for guests...what I hear is that they are packing the parks like never before and lines will continue to build out of control. They say they are letting us in an hour earlier as a courtesy to get a good location...what I hear is they want me spending an hour earlier out of boredom or voracious for pixie dust.

At the end of the day it is toothpaste that isn't going back in the tube and first timers will never ever notice a difference. But to this old dog I much prefer the old welcome show as well as the old method of management where the guest comes first (followed shortly thereafter by stockholders).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I've been reading these boards for less than a year.. was there ever a time when a "change" was announced and the general population was happy with it?
You should've been around in 2007 for the wand removal. Made the BAH seem almost accepted.

There again the fact so many changes don't seem to go down well with the general population must say something.

Brad Bishop

You should've been around in 2007 for the wand removal. Made the BAH seem almost accepted.

There again the fact so many changes don't seem to go down well with the general population must say something.

I think that the problem with the wand is that it way overstayed it's welcome. It was a neat feature for the roll-over from 1999->2000. I think it was supposed to be up 18months and I think most people would have accepted 2 years or so. They removed it in 2007, I think? It basically became this "permanent" (didn't look like it was ever going to go) fixture to Epcot and it didn't fit. It'd be like leaving Christmas decorations up all year because Christmas is nice.

The BAH never fit and was so weirdly position (very close to the theater).

Kman101

Well, we can say that about the park in general then. Or anything really. My point was that the front of the park was sucky on a busy day. This should help a lot.

It was. I agree that it helps a lot. I personally think it's great to be able to be on Main Street again and actually maybe enjoy it instead of trying to dodge the crowds. Wish it was more unique like it used to be but I can't remember the last time I really took my time there.

NearTheEars

I'm not going to watch the video until I see it in person, but I can already tell you I won't like it as much as the old show. I know that's unreasonable. I just love trains. And that was such a great moment when it pulled into the station. I totally accept why this was done, though, and do look forward to walking around MSUSA before opening.

21stamps

I'm not going to watch the video until I see it in person, but I can already tell you I won't like it as much as the old show. I know that's unreasonable. I just love trains. And that was such a great moment when it pulled into the station. I totally accept why this was done, though, and do look forward to walking around MSUSA before opening.

It's nice to read that I'm not the only one who doesn't watch videos before arriving.lol

I'm curious, but staying strong ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom