New Mickey and Minnie heads - how we feeling?

brb1006

So with the exception of Tokyo, WDW is dead last for an upgrade yet again. I'm starting to think this is a TDO cheapness issue rather than a manufacturing issue.
By the time TDO gets them it might be in the summer. But I'm eager to see them debut at Tokyo. I will love to see the new looks at Dreamlights sometime in 2017.

jrhwdw

So with the exception of Tokyo, WDW is dead last for an upgrade yet again. I'm starting to think this is a TDO cheapness issue rather than a manufacturing issue.
So, WDW doesn't have a full roll out yet. They do have them in: Let The Magic Begin, MRFF, Most Merriest and the Christmastime Parade.
As for TDR: I'll believe it when I see it. It took them til the early 90's to get rid of the 80's looks, and since they never took up the DWAM ones, who knows if they even like these? I do know that the 90's look is in the concept art for TDR's spring events this year. So maybe if they have to have them, it'll start with Dreamlights' 2017 renewal or TDR's 35th next year?

Also, don't flame me for this. Does Disney really need these?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I grew up with the 90's look and I think they're in awesome shape and are still relevant. I guess I can see the 80's to 90's change since Mickey's voice changed around 1990. But the new ones ..I think they look weird and are not needed!

brb1006

So, WDW doesn't have a full roll out yet. They do have them in: Let The Magic Begin, MRFF, Most Merriest and the Christmastime Parade.
As for TDR: I'll believe it when I see it. It took them til the early 90's to get rid of the 80's looks, and since they never took up the DWAM ones, who knows if they even like these? I do know that the 90's look is in the concept art for TDR's spring events this year. So maybe if they have to have them, it'll start with Dreamlights' 2017 renewal or TDR's 35th next year?

Also, don't flame me for this. Does Disney really need these?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I grew up with the 90's look and I think they're in awesome shape and are still relevant. I guess I can see the 80's to 90's change since Mickey's voice changed around 1990. But the new ones ..I think they look weird and are not needed!
It's still jarring to see the soon to be old Mickey and Minnie heads for the Festival Of Fantasy Parade and Fantasmic while seeing the new heads at the others shows.
Also as a fan of the 90's looks for Mickey and Minnie. I have to disagree with you, the new heads look more closer to there cartoon counterparts (Minnie no longer needs makeup and lipstick) and there eyes face a bit down similar to there 70's looks but when you are up close to them. They appear to look at any guest.

I believe the indoor stage show Minnie's Surprise Party held at Mickey's Birthdayland in 1989 was the earliest known performance of Wayne Allwine and Russsi Taylor voicing Mickey and Minnie at the parks. Since Jack Wagner voiced them throughout the 1980's.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Didn't Magic Kingdom get the new head for the castle show (along with the Fav5, Clarabella, Panchito and Jose Carioca )?

mikenatcity1

Yes they did..But, New Mickey and Minnie have not been out doing meet-and-greets in the new versions at any of the four theme parks and it also has to wonder when it will also be used for magician Mickey and for Fantasmic as well.

That seems a little odd...I know the only one that hasn't changed at DL was for Mickey's Magical Map and that was only because of the extensive video work with the old version. Although, the cruise ships haven't fully integrated yet either- Mickey/Minnie have been worked into the deck shows and meet n greets, but none of the main stage shows (at least as of mid-December).

I hope it is soon...out of my friends, i'm one of the only ones that really likes the new heads- they feel warmer, more inviting (his eyes and smile feel better).

Cmdr_Crimson

So has Goofy, Br'er Bear, Br'er Rabbit, Eeyore...ect

Brer Rabbit did have a remake of him....Brer Bear didn't....
4f6e6ab2e4878287276703e8eceaf89e.jpg
fcfdeeca6ee651777f72990e5d4a7d11.jpg

Donaldfan1934

Like @brb1006 said, the new one's are noticeably more accurate to their appearance on screen. I feel the new look is very much in the vain of what the previous versions were going for, but could never quite perfect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom