New Mickey and Minnie heads - how we feeling?

Cesar R M

That's what I mean, Tokyo would usually give the characters different types of Christmas or Holiday outfits every few years compared to WDW where it's mostly the same outfit they wore for who knows how long or any of the foreign Disney Parks in general.
Cant wait to see the castle float.. AGAIN.. :hilarious:

Cmdr_Crimson

So, any update on this? From what I've seen, the new heads still haven't fully come online at WDW yet.

Mickey seems to be slimmer so I'm sure they have to figure out all the new costumes that he wears throughout WDW plus they also have to make the talking heads for Magician Mickey, And what they might do for Fantasmic Mickey as well....Even the Disney Live & Ice shows will probably be using the new versions..

VJ

To this day Tokyo never opted for/received the articulated heads and they've been around for almost a decade. Makes me wonder how much leeway OLC has in choosing which versions of the characters to use, and if they're going to use the new versions or not.

Ag11gani

To this day Tokyo never opted for/received the articulated heads and they've been around for almost a decade. Makes me wonder how much leeway OLC has in choosing which versions of the characters to use, and if they're going to use the new versions or not.

I don't know how the character costumes work out in Tokyo, but they never get the 'new' characters when the us parks do. For example they got Anna and Elsa becasue it was a huge hit, but there only in parades even though everyone loves them. But they're just getting Nick and Judy later this year and I think it is just in a parade.

brb1006

I just noticed that Tokyo Disney Resort is the only park that doesn't use the talking characters. At least Hong Kong finally started using them for the new Mickey show at Fantasyland.

brb1006

I don't know how the character costumes work out in Tokyo, but they never get the 'new' characters when the us parks do. For example they got Anna and Elsa becasue it was a huge hit, but there only in parades even though everyone loves them. But they're just getting Nick and Judy later this year and I think it is just in a parade.
Tokyo also picks out a couple random Disney characters that are meetable that most of use aren't even aware that are meetable such as Maleficent's goons

Donaldfan1934

Mickey seems to be slimmer so I'm sure they have to figure out all the new costumes that he wears throughout WDW plus they also have to make the talking heads for Magician Mickey, And what they might do for Fantasmic Mickey as well....Even the Disney Live & Ice shows will probably be using the new versions..
True, although after looking at DL pics, I'm starting to think that it's less about Mickey being thinner and more about his main outfit being made out of a looser material. Either way, WDW's Mickey's require way more outfit changes than Dl's do.

jrhwdw

True, although after looking at DL pics, I'm starting to think that it's less about Mickey being thinner and more about his main outfit being made out of a looser material. Either way, WDW's Mickey's require way more outfit changes than Dl's do.
I could be wrong but I don;t think TWDC os making Mickey slimmer. He wore the exact same ACF/PTN outfit as last year. Maybe the same MSEP/F! Tux also?(1 night when his float wasn't in PTN, he as on a PTN Ball With what looked like a tux from DL's MSEP or F! It on YT, it was this season.)

Plus his regular MRFF Grand Dance outfit had the old look up til Opening Day. Some MRFF Rain shows even had it.

Donald Dutch

As from today, Mickey is meeting guests in his new look at Disneyland Paris!
C2caP-OXcAEPDeW.jpg

With Minnie in Magic on Parade
C2dxRwgWQAECuex.jpg

Photo: @InsideDLParis

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom