New Main Street U.S.A bypass to be built to address entry and exit congestion at the Magic Kingdom

FutureWorld1982

now, really is it that horrible? a finished wall, not a bare block wall. Stuccoed and painted. Finished, just like the interior walls in your house. granted they could stage it better, place some prop windows to break up the wall, but you are certainly not looking at this...
Brick-house-construction-1.jpg

Now, that would actually look more "themed!" Would you say that it is okay to see a blank wall next to a very elaborate facade?

dstrawn9889

as long as it is finished, not 'raw' then yes, it is fine the way it is...if not for US that actually look around, i doubt it would even be brought up by a guest...

edit::: just not on their radar, with everything else to see the rockwork around tomorrowlands entrance, the castle, the arch and jungle to adventureland...

campgroundlifer

it does not matter how large a bypass they make they masses will still have to exit under the train stations and that there in is the problem guest trying to get out and in at the same time.

tl77

I was in MK yesterday (Sunday the 5th) and you can see the reddish/pinkish walls in this shot:

mk-hub1c.jpg

The light brown color now on the side wall to the Plaza matches the front wall on the second floor just below the bay windows, and I'm not 100% sure but it looks like the trim along that same side wall matches the Plaza dark green... is this going to be the extent of the bypass themeing?

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
it does not matter how large a bypass they make they masses will still have to exit under the train stations and that there in is the problem guest trying to get out and in at the same time.

Having used the backstage exist on busy nights before, I can tell you that having it available makes a huge difference. The bottleneck that is Main Street USA is the biggest problem. This will allow those leaving the park directly (as opposed to shopping, etc.) to get to Town Square without transiting MSUSA. Once in Town Square, there is much more room, and, importantly, the people who get to TS from MSUSA and those from the bypass are generally all headed the same direction -- out. So, while the tunnels under the train can still get crowded, it's nothing like MSUSA. It helps quite a lot.

jt04

"Show" should never be sacrificed anywhere on property.

Yes especially when faux facades could be easily added. Especially if this is a permanent fix.

Now if they have long range plans for AvLand and Tomorrowland to dump crowds to the front of the park then that would change my opinion.

MissM

I totally forgot that I took some pictures Saturday as we exited back this way. Please excuse the awful quality; I was walking and shooting in a hurry and most of these are pretty awful but it still gives you a look.

mk-back-nov14a.jpg

mk-back-nov14b.jpg

mk-back-nov14c.jpg

mk-back-nov14d.jpg

mk-back-nov14e.jpg

mk-back-nov14f.jpg

Oddly, there was a lot of work done or being done on the ground level. Grassy/flower bed areas, railings that sort of thing. Some of the buildings have gotten paint work as you can see, but others are still just dumpsters and pipes without any attempted masking whatsoever. It made for a very hodgepodge look.

Nubs70

For atmosphere, they could also play "Get the Funk Out" by Extreme. Not only is it a catchy tune, it also reinforces the purpose of the bypass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom