New Main Street U.S.A bypass to be built to address entry and exit congestion at the Magic Kingdom

dstrawn9889

ah, man answered like a dozen times in the thread..... so, it will be open as bypass during high guest count and during the nightly parades and fireworks for movement of people that do not want to be stuck between the ice cream parlor and the emporium

Bairstow

ah, man answered like a dozen times in the thread..... so, it will be open as bypass during high guest count and during the nightly parades and fireworks for movement of people that do not want to be stuck between the ice cream parlor and the emporium

That was the original assumption before the scope of the project became evident.
At this point it appears as though so much work is being done on both sides of the corridor and so much money invested in this work it would seem unlikely that they would invest so much in a lane that would be used so infrequently.
What I'm asking is whether our assumption has been confirmed.

rct247

I think there has been a some signs of things moving forward on the bypass. Some extra fencing and some concrete pillars are currently being built along the bypass. It's a start.

WDWLover#1

I have no idea. I don't know anything about the overseas parks at all. I remember someone saying the word "arcade", but at the time I assumed they were talking about a room full of video games, which I knew was not the case.

Over time, I've come to realize that "arcade" must mean something else in Europe. I'm still not sure what, but it obviously doesn't mean a room full of video games :hilarious:
There beautiful.I'd really encourage you to see and research these parks abroad. DLP is definitely the best mk style park i've seen.

wogwog

Progress. Gates are actually being installed along the bypass on the giant gate posts. If you are in the park a little of the gate work can be seen east of Chapeau. Or better, if they open the bypass use it and have a look. The planters now have flowers and plants. The road/walk surface is still in very rough shape. The giant concrete gate posts are being covered with decorative wood. Things are looking better. Several different colors are popping up on the back side of the Main St shops. They are at least making an effort to hide a lot of the industrial type eye sores behind the shops.

mm121

Progress. Gates are actually being installed along the bypass on the giant gate posts. If you are in the park a little of the gate work can be seen east of Chapeau. Or better, if they open the bypass use it and have a look. The planters now have flowers and plants. The road/walk surface is still in very rough shape. The giant concrete gate posts are being covered with decorative wood. Things are looking better. Several different colors are popping up on the back side of the Main St shops. They are at least making an effort to hide a lot of the industrial type eye sores behind the shops.

It really is too bad, they are skimping on this, and not building an arcade like DLP, with actual shops and things to see.

aladdin2007

Interesting, but still what do they plan on doing with the Plaza showbuilding since it shows now like a sore thumb.

Tip Top Club

There will be some work done to the back of the main street show buildings (Think painted bricks) but not much else. Expect some plants and trees, wooden fences, and matching concrete....

As someone else said...nothing to see here.

hpyhnt 1000

any photos with progress guys?

No photos, but as of Saturday it was just a lot of red paint on the backside of the Main Street buildings and thats about it. It looks particularly jarring from the TL Terrace and TL bridge when seen with the Plaza Restaurant. Hopefully some new trees are place in there because its lousy looking right now.

It's not even half finished.

I'll post video when I'm over the jet lag. Give me a week.

So you were in the parks this past weekend! I thought I spotted you and Michelle at I left the Norway pavilion on Friday but wasn't sure. Should have stopped and asked. Hope you guys had a great trip though.

hpyhnt 1000

Epcot on Friday afternoon? Yep! You should have shouted. We did have a good time thanks. You?

Overall had a great time. I was essentially traveling with a first timer (first time in the parks since 2000 when she was 9) so it was fun to get her reactions to everything. It was both satisfying and telling on how even she, someone with comparatively little knowledge about WDW, picked up on various things that are wrong with the parks. But it was a nice trip overall.

MissM

I was in MK yesterday (Sunday the 5th) and you can see the reddish/pinkish walls in this shot:

mk-hub1c.jpg

dstrawn9889

That bare walls looks terrible, no matter the paint color. I truly hope they will cover that side with something... anything, really.
now, really is it that horrible? a finished wall, not a bare block wall. Stuccoed and painted. Finished, just like the interior walls in your house. granted they could stage it better, place some prop windows to break up the wall, but you are certainly not looking at this...
Brick-house-construction-1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom