New FL Restrooms / Walkway

Tom

Beta Return
I got bored and decided to play Paint By Number with the original site plan for the FL Restroom project.

The new mens restroom is dark blue, and womens is pink. Dark gray areas are backstage facilities and mechanical rooms.

Light gray is new concrete ramps, sidewalks and stairs, backstage.

Salmon (pinkish) is guest pavement. Right now, it just wraps in front of Peter Pan and goes under the Harbor House "overpass" that you can see between the Harbor House and Yankee Trader.

The green areas are all grassy/landscape areas. The dark green represents the new hill, which has a retaining wall on the right side of it. The high point is where the waterfall starts. The waterfall comes down over or under the wall, under another wall, under a new bridge, and into a little pond. The dark gray box near that pond is a new pump house that will sit where the old pump house used to sit.

The Pet Cemetery can be clearly seen on the plans, and I have outlined it and shaded it "medium green".

As for sight lines, the top of that new hill and retaining wall is about 16' above the walking path. The hill and wall will hide the HM show building, and probably even the "house" until you make the transition into Liberty Square. The restrooms will hide the rest of the show building simply due to their height.

As for possible Meet-n-Greet locations, I see one, now that I've colored everything. There are two new landscape islands out in front of the womens restroom, with a section of rocks between them. That area notches in on the north side and is the right shape for either a bench, or a MnG setting. It offers fairly convenient access to the new backstage access gates/openings between the restrooms and between the womens RR and IaSW. But still, that path just takes you on a long journey back behind HM and IaSW....not too handy for costumed characters looking for a reprieve, unless one of those many dark gray rooms behind the restrooms will be used for the Entertainment department.

Stupido

Thank you, edwardtc, for the amazing drawing!!!

I'm really excited for this, because that's an area where I ALWAYS used to feel extremely claustrophobic, and lost in crowds. I love all the versatility, and flow these plans offer.

Now, here's my question. What elements of Tangled will be featured here? Just kind of curious what the theming will look like. With the water fall, it seems to be near the tower, cause that's one the few water features in the movie. Does that mean a tower will be built? Maybe some lanterns?

Tom

Beta Return

I'm really excited for this, because that's an area where I ALWAYS used to feel extremely claustrophobic, and lost in crowds. I love all the versatility, and flow these plans offer.

Now, here's my question. What elements of Tangled will be featured here? Just kind of curious what the theming will look like. With the water fall, it seems to be near the tower, cause that's one the few water features in the movie. Does that mean a tower will be built? Maybe some lanterns?

the round entrance to the women's restroom will likely be a tower.

Scuttle

I'll double check later and look at the prints again, but I think the tower is going somewhat behind the men's bathroom. As to the theming it will be extremely well themed. The bathrooms look incredible as does the entire area. The level of theming is phenomenal. :animwink:

PhilharMagician

Any idea as to when it will be done? So excited about this!! This will so help the crowds.

This will be nice, but I would not jump to the conclusion that it will help the crowds. There will still be a bottleneck between the corner of the Mike Fink Keel Boat queue BLDG (HM FP) and the corner of the Columbia Harbour House. The big bonus would be to have more seating capacity :lookaroun with the new restrooms and room for PPF queue interactive mods in the future.

WDWYankee15

I got bored and decided to play Paint By Number with the original site plan for the FL Restroom project.

The new mens restroom is dark blue, and womens is pink. Dark gray areas are backstage facilities and mechanical rooms.

Light gray is new concrete ramps, sidewalks and stairs, backstage.

Salmon (pinkish) is guest pavement. Right now, it just wraps in front of Peter Pan and goes under the Harbor House "overpass" that you can see between the Harbor House and Yankee Trader.

The green areas are all grassy/landscape areas. The dark green represents the new hill, which has a retaining wall on the right side of it. The high point is where the waterfall starts. The waterfall comes down over or under the wall, under another wall, under a new bridge, and into a little pond. The dark gray box near that pond is a new pump house that will sit where the old pump house used to sit.

The Pet Cemetery can be clearly seen on the plans, and I have outlined it and shaded it "medium green".

As for sight lines, the top of that new hill and retaining wall is about 16' above the walking path. The hill and wall will hide the HM show building, and probably even the "house" until you make the transition into Liberty Square. The restrooms will hide the rest of the show building simply due to their height.

As for possible Meet-n-Greet locations, I see one, now that I've colored everything. There are two new landscape islands out in front of the womens restroom, with a section of rocks between them. That area notches in on the north side and is the right shape for either a bench, or a MnG setting. It offers fairly convenient access to the new backstage access gates/openings between the restrooms and between the womens RR and IaSW. But still, that path just takes you on a long journey back behind HM and IaSW....not too handy for costumed characters looking for a reprieve, unless one of those many dark gray rooms behind the restrooms will be used for the Entertainment department.

Looks like from the drawing that the tower will go next to the little pool where the water starts behind the men's room

WDWYankee15

Looks like from the drawing that the tower will go next to the little pool where the water starts behind the men's room

disney-tangled-rapunzels-tower-wallpaper.jpg

From the Tangled movie you can see that the water runs next to the tower and the stream flows out from there. I'm sure this will be how it will be themed in this area. I bet they will use the men's room building on one side to form the side of the valley wall on the one side and the new retaining wall (16') on the left side to theme it as the other size of the valley. Looking at the plans provided by edwardtc and the aboved photo I think we can get a pretty good guess to how it may look. Let's hope

tl77

So are the restrooms are going to be specifically themed to the movie "Tangled"? or is it just a more generalized fairy tale castle look, sort of like the new restrooms outside "Pirates of the Caribbean" with the wooden doors, big cast iron hinges on the stalls, and the terracotta tile floors, making them fit the theme of Caribbean Plaza

Tom

Beta Return

I honestly never even considered that! I've been looking at these plans for months, and have always wondered why they show a round structure up there when it would just be an outlet for a water pump. I just thought maybe it would look like a wishing well.

Putting the tower up there makes a lot of sense now. Good catch.

bdearl41

I definately think the tower will be a "carrot" like the eifel tower is at Epcot. My thoughts are the building closer to Its a Small World will house the restrooms and the building by the stream/closer to HM could be a potential meet and greet.

Scuttle

I just checked and Rapunzel tower is going right above the start of the waterfall/river and directly left of the men's bathroom.

Scuttle

I definately think the tower will be a "carrot" like the eifel tower is at Epcot. My thoughts are the building closer to Its a Small World will house the restrooms and the building by the stream/closer to HM could be a potential meet and greet.

No, the two buildings are for restrooms. There are no plans for a meet and greet. Atleast not an indoor one.

Tom

Beta Return

Yes, if that will be a tower up there (which makes complete sense now), it'll use forced perspective and be "partial", that's for sure.

The two buildings, as Scuttle said, are most definitely restrooms. Disney's finally learning how human biology works. They've designed a women's restroom that with about twice the capacity as the adjacent men's restroom will have.

The building is larger because (obviously) it contains all stalls. And it appears to be even larger because it will have more toilets than the men's restroom will have in toilets + urinals combined. Thus, the women's needs more sinks relative to the number of toilets.

The dark gray rooms are all support areas. There are plumbing access corridors around all the perimeter toilets. There's one large room behind the women's, which is likely the HVAC for that building (given the box in the middle of the room).

The men's RR will also have an HVAC/Mechanical room, but I can't figure out what the other two rooms are. One may be custodial. And the other may be storage.....or like I suggested, perhaps a break room for local CMs and/or furry entertainment.

Rob562

The dark gray rooms are all support areas. There are plumbing access corridors around all the perimeter toilets. There's one large room behind the women's, which is likely the HVAC for that building (given the box in the middle of the room).

The men's RR will also have an HVAC/Mechanical room, but I can't figure out what the other two rooms are. One may be custodial. And the other may be storage.....or like I suggested, perhaps a break room for local CMs and/or furry entertainment.

The room adjacent to the men's room with the door opening out into Guest areas is most likely a Companion restroom.

On a whole, the MK has very few companion restrooms for the crowds that the park gets, only 5 in the whole park, with one of them being at/in CRT. A companion restroom is very much needed in this area, as all of the others are spread around the outer edges of the park (Splash, Pirates, Space, Circus). I think First Aid also has one.

-Rob

Tom

Beta Return
The room adjacent to the men's room with the door opening out into Guest areas is most likely a Companion restroom.

On a whole, the MK has very few companion restrooms for the crowds that the park gets, only 5 in the whole park, with one of them being at/in CRT. A companion restroom is very much needed in this area, as all of the others are spread around the outer edges of the park (Splash, Pirates, Space, Circus). I think First Aid also has one.

-Rob

ARGH! Yes, you're exactly right and I knew that. But yesterday when I was staring at this plan for an hour, my Photoshop Paint Bucket finger got Gray-Happy. That is indeed a companion RR.

Between the very nice, and enlarged restrooms in Circus Land, the re-done Tomorrowland Skyway RRs, and these forthcoming restrooms, MK will be making some serious, and much-needed, strides in potty accommodations. The Peter Pan RRs are essentially hidden to any novice, and are small in comparison to RR's that can accommodate today's crowds.

This enlarged Women's restroom will be a huge help to the long lines.

jt04

I just checked and Rapunzel tower is going right above the start of the waterfall/river and directly left of the men's bathroom.

People are going to love this upon entering the area from LS. I think there could also be longer range plans for the IaSW queue which could blend with this new theme.

Imagine the tower lighted at night from within and the BGM and potentially lanterns and other lighting features with the waterfall.

Also, just think how extensive FL will be soon. From this area all the way to the back of the circus, the castle, the forest, the new mountain. It is amazing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom