New FL Restrooms / Walkway

jt04

Wait to you see how well themed the bathrooms are! They look awesome. The pavement plaza designs look great to. Think something like the hidden characters in the Grand Flo on the marble floors in the lobby. :animwink:The entire area looks like it's going to be an amazing addition.

I take it you mean also a m&g and not just a theme for the area.:veryconfu

Scuttle

I take it you mean also a m&g and not just a theme for the area.:veryconfu

It's hard to say from what I'm looking at, but it looks like the M&G is going between the two pathways right behind Yankee trader. Basically on the other side of the construction walls across from the PP bathrooms. But it's not labeled M&G it's just the only spot I can see that would have space and be out of the way of the bathrooms.

dreamscometrue

Wait to you see how well themed the bathrooms are! They look awesome. The pavement plaza designs look great to. Think something like the hidden characters in the Grand Flo on the marble floors in the lobby. :animwink:The entire area looks like it's going to be an amazing addition.

I've only read good things about this area. Awhile back, someone (edwardtc perhaps) suggested that the area will have water features and trees. Hopefully, they do finish the area in that manner.

Tom

Beta Return
I've only read good things about this area. Awhile back, someone (edwardtc perhaps) suggested that the area will have water features and trees. Hopefully, they do finish the area in that manner.

It was me, and there will be. There's a hill and a waterfall and landscaping. Should look very nice.

Weather_Lady

And here is someone's photoshop version of what the completed project might look like from overhead...

http://www..com/2011/11/18/magic-kingdom-fantasyland-skyway-restrooms-photos-and-permits/

Notice how cleverly the staggered landscaping will completely obscure the view from Liberty Square into Fantasyland and vice versa...

RSoxNo1

It's hard to say from what I'm looking at, but it looks like the M&G is going between the two pathways right behind Yankee trader. Basically on the other side of the construction walls across from the PP bathrooms. But it's not labeled M&G it's just the only spot I can see that would have space and be out of the way of the bathrooms.

I don't know how to read these things, but that looked like it may have just been a thematic element. Having said that, it would make a lot of sense to have a permanent home for Rapunzel in this area.

jt04

It was me, and there will be. There's a hill and a waterfall and landscaping. Should look very nice.

Hmm, sounding more and more like there will be no m&g to me.

Possibly they could not because of traffic flow. The entire point of the change was to eliminate this bottleneck.

Tom

Beta Return
Hmm, sounding more and more like there will be no m&g to me.

Possibly they could not because of traffic flow. The entire point of the change was to eliminate this bottleneck.

Looking at the site plans, there really is no obvious M&G area shown. There's a nook up against the Small World building, near a backstage gate, but that's about the only obvious place to put one.

This area, in general doesn't allow for very simple character entrance/exit pathways. They'd have to come from somewhere else in the land to get to this location. Otherwise, they go down a new ramp/steps and all the way back between HM and IASW show buildings.

As you said, this work serves two great purposes - a much better/larger restroom facility, and a secondary path between FL and LSq.

And to ease the pains of anyone still thinking you'll be able to see the HM show building, there's a retaining wall that comes off the back of the new restroom building. It starts at elevation 132, while the pathway is at 111, meaning a 20' tall wall and hill behind it. At the top of that hill is a water feature that appears to discharge over or under that wall, into a creek/pond.

The wall and hill taper down as you walk toward the HM courtyard.

Scuttle

Looking at the site plans, there really is no obvious M&G area shown. There's a nook up against the Small World building, near a backstage gate, but that's about the only obvious place to put one.

This area, in general doesn't allow for very simple character entrance/exit pathways. They'd have to come from somewhere else in the land to get to this location. Otherwise, they go down a new ramp/steps and all the way back between HM and IASW show buildings.

As you said, this work serves two great purposes - a much better/larger restroom facility, and a secondary path between FL and LSq.

And to ease the pains of anyone still thinking you'll be able to see the HM show building, there's a retaining wall that comes off the back of the new restroom building. It starts at elevation 132, while the pathway is at 111, meaning a 20' tall wall and hill behind it. At the top of that hill is a water feature that appears to discharge over or under that wall, into a creek/pond.

The wall and hill taper down as you walk toward the HM courtyard.

I just finished up looking at the prints again and your right there isn't any place for a meet and greet. The spot I referred to earlier is going to be used as "tree trunk stump" seating, so it looks like no meet and greet. Also there is about 30 different types of bushes and trees going into this area which will also help block the HM. After looking at these prints for over an hour I have to say this area is going to look AMAZING when completed. The level of theming for a bathroom area is mind boggling. Even the water fountains are themed here!!

jt04

I just finished up looking at the prints again and your right there isn't any place for a meet and greet. The spot I referred to earlier is going to be used as "tree trunk stump" seating, so it looks like no meet and greet. Also there is about 30 different types of bushes and trees going into this area which will also help block the HM. After looking at these prints for over an hour I have to say this area is going to look AMAZING when completed. The level of theming for a bathroom area is mind boggling. Even the water fountains are themed here!!

I agree it is a welcome add from the way they would have done it in the past. Still makes you ponder where Tangled may end up ultimately. I am guessing the Studios at this point. And that could be good.

Tom

Beta Return

Exactly. I wish I had access to architectural plans, but those NEVER leak.

But based on this site plan, everything the fanboys are asking for will be here:

* Lots of green

* Water features

* Less congestion

* More and bigger potties

* And a human R2D2....that thing when a midget on roller skates dials a speaker phone and you put a garbage can over their head.

ChuckFromCanada

Parrothead & Disney Fanatic.

But based on this site plan, everything the fanboys are asking for will be here:

* Lots of green

* Water features

* Less congestion

* And a human R2D2....that thing when a midget on roller skates dials a speaker phone and you put a garbage can over their head.

No Spud Webb or a human Roomba? Live from WDWMAGIC its.....

:ROFLOL:

RSoxNo1

* Lots of green

* Water features

* Less congestion

Are monorail sleeping bags anything like subway sleeping bags?

WDWYankee15

I think Rapunzel will end up meeting around the corner in the Princess Fairytale Hall. Just because the bathroom area will be Tangled themed, I don't see why they need to have her meet-and-great there. She would cause way too much congestion meeting by these new bathrooms.

Tom

Beta Return
I think Rapunzel will end up meeting around the corner in the Princess Fairytale Hall. Just because the bathroom area will be Tangled themed, I don't see why they need to have her meet-and-great there. She would cause way too much congestion meeting by these new bathrooms.

Good point.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

* Lots of green

* Water features

* Less congestion

Thank you, Stefon! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom