Announcement New features on the WDWMAGIC Forums

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
@wdwmagic I'm :inlove: with these new features. Steve you always make the forums better and better each time I go on. Thank you.
P.S. Yesterday I was on the forums and then all of the sudden it said the forums were on "down time". Was it because you were working on these new (and awesome) features?
Yes I've been testing over the last couple of weeks and put the version live yesterday. Glad you like it!

Sweet Melissa

What style are you trying to select on the iPad? Are you logged in at the time? How quickly does it revert back to the default after you make the change?

Thanks
I've tried to select the classic blue liquid theme with my iPhone while logged in. It's as though my preference never saves at all.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I have not been able to reproduce your problem at this end. On an iPad and iPhone I can switch between styles without issue.

When you click on the different style, do you see the screen change to that new style briefly, or does is not change at all?

Sweet Melissa

I have not been able to reproduce your problem at this end. On an iPad and iPhone I can switch between styles without issue.

When you click on the different style, do you see the screen change to that new style briefly, or does is not change at all?
It doesn't change at all.

Sweet Melissa

i just tried clearing my phone's cookies to see if that made a difference and it didn't. It's not so much that the style isn't saving, as that my phone seems to not want to accept viewing in anything other than the default/mobile format. While I was trying other themes, it was affecting the theme on my PC. It's just that the phone seems to be "stuck" on default. It's really not that much of a problem. The mobile browser on my phone and the classic blue on my laptop is really the best way for me to experience the website anyway.

Sweet Melissa

Can you try doing a log out, then try changing styles without being logged in. To logout, click on your username up at the top just by your alerts, then click LOG OUT.
How does one change settings without being logged in? I usually go there from my profile→preferences.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
i just tried clearing my phone's cookies to see if that made a difference and it didn't. It's not so much that the style isn't saving, as that my phone seems to not want to accept viewing in anything other than the default/mobile format. While I was trying other themes, it was affecting the theme on my PC. It's just that the phone seems to be "stuck" on default. It's really not that much of a problem. The mobile browser on my phone and the classic blue on my laptop is really the best way for me to experience the website anyway.
Yes the defaults are the best options to be viewing, but you should be able to change them. I certainly can on all my test iOS devices, and on the iOS simulator from Apple. It is really odd that you can't on both of your iOS devices.

Can you tell me the version of iOS that you have on both the iPhone and the iPad? You can get this from SETTINGS, GENERAL, SOFTWARE UPDATE.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
How does one change settings without being logged in? I usually go there from my profile→preferences.
ah, this may be part of the problem - you are changing it in a different place to me. Go to the bottom left corner and click on 'WDWMAGIC DEFAULT Style' to access the style selector.

Sweet Melissa

Yes the defaults are the best options to be viewing, but you should be able to change them. I certainly can on all my test iOS devices, and on the iOS simulator from Apple. It is really odd that you can't on both of your iOS devices.

Can you tell me the version of iOS that you have on both the iPhone and the iPad? You can get this from SETTINGS, GENERAL, SOFTWARE UPDATE.
Luv will have to tell you about the iPad; I'm not using one. My iPhone is on version 6.1.3.

Sweet Melissa

ah, this may be part of the problem - you are changing it in a different place to me. Go to the bottom left corner and click on 'WDWMAGIC DEFAULT Style' to access the style selector.
Indeed, that appears to be the issue. I was able to change styles both while logged out and logged in by clicking the WDWMagic Mobile link in the bottom left corner.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm using Safari. Interestingly enough, after I changed the theme using the link at the bottom of the page, I was able to change it from my preferences without issue.
Right. It does seem that there was something wrong there. I'm not quite sure what the problem was, but I still can't reproduce it this end. Glad you are working OK now, and thanks for giving me the info, it helps a lot with making sure things work as they should. It isn't until you get these things out to a lot of people where these kind of little issues show up.

luv

What style are you trying to select on the iPad? Are you logged in at the time? How quickly does it revert back to the default after you make the change?

Thanks
First I tried "dimmed", but then I tried others, just to see if "dimmed" was the only one - none of them can be saved by me. Yes, I'm logged in. It lets me pull up the list and select one, but when I press save, nothing changes. I go back to the boards, it is still the same. When I go back in, it is back at Default.

I think it reverts immediately when I press "save".

Sweet Melissa

Right. It does seem that there was something wrong there. I'm not quite sure what the problem was, but I still can't reproduce it this end. Glad you are working OK now, and thanks for giving me the info, it helps a lot with making sure things work as they should. It isn't until you get these things out to a lot of people where these kind of little issues show up.

Okay, now that we've got that sorted, is there a way to make the mobile website default on my phone but still keep the classic blue liquid on my PC? (Yes, I realize I'm asking you if I can break things again, and I'm sorry for being a squeaky wheel this morning).

luv

I had been trying to do it in Preferences, too. Tried it from that "lower left corner WDWMagic" button and it changed immediately. :D

I do use the iPad, the "private browsing" was set to Off. I don't know if it uses Safari or something else. If Safari is the default, that's what I'm using. I never changed it. I did try doing it in Preferences with wi-FI and with the Gs...both didn't work.

But now it's changed. Yay! Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom