Announcement New features on the WDWMAGIC Forums

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
New Features on the WDWMAGIC Forums - July 2013

Enhancements for Smartphone Mobile Devices
  • Full rich-content editor lets you format posts in the same way that you can on a desktop.
  • Full support for smilies on mobile devices.
  • Layout expands to use all available resolution when you change device to landscape orientation, rather than simply zooming.
  • More consistent appearance with the desktop version of the forums.
Enhancements for iPads and Tablets
  • Full rich-content editor lets you format posts in the same way that you can on a desktop.
  • Full support for smilies.
Drafts and auto-save
  • While you are typing a message, every 60 seconds, a draft of your message will be automatically saved. If you close the browser before posting and reload the page later, your message will be automatically re-shown. Each draft is associated with a particular piece of content, such as a thread, forum board, or conversation. This feature works on any device.
Watch a Specific Forum Board
  • You now have the ability to watch an individual forum board. The forum watching system works rather similarly to the thread watching system, just on all content within a forum. If you watch a forum board you can choose to get alerts for new threads or new posts within that forum board.
New Conversation Management Features
  • http://forums.wdwmagic.com/conversations/ now features new tabs in the upper navigation bar giving quick access to 'Conversations You Started' and 'Starred Conservations'. Starred conversations work like favorites, and allow you to star a conversation to have it show up in your starred conversations list.
  • You can also bulk manage your conversations (over multiple pages) using the inline check box next to each conversation. You can star/unstar conversations, mark conversations as read/unread, or leave conversations with this.
Edit Your Own Thread Title
  • If you created a thread and would like to change the title, you can now do so. Go to the thread, and click on 'Thread Tools,' from there you will see the option to 'Edit Title.'
Quoted Posts in Replies Limited
  • You will notice that large quotes in replies are now length limited, with an option to click to view more of the quoted post.
More Smilies
  • We've introduced more smilies to help you be even more expressive in your posts.

Last edited:

lego606

MagicBandit
ooooh this new stuff is nice :geek:

is it just me or does the UI look slicker too?

more stuff I noticed: Sub-forums now appear on the main page. Nice!
Signatures limited to 5 lines - very smart

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Is there now only one theme for the mobile website? It all looks very bright to me today as I was previously on the classic blue theme.
Yes there has only ever been the one theme for the mobile site. You can switch to the classic blue theme if you prefer, but it will not be mobile optimized.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom