New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

The glacial speed that WDI moves these days has almost become comical. This was announced in Marh 2022 and they already had a pre-existing structure. I fear for Walt Disney World after Epic Universe opens. Bob Iger is useless and again has done absolutely nothing to change anything at Disney but he is smart....he is out in 2026 once WDW feels the crushing affect of Epic Universe. Well Done WDI & Bob Iger!!!

Uugghhh come on Disney I need this open ASAP stop teasing me! I've been looking forward to this since it was announced 17 years ago!

....said no one. Just another construction fail IMO.
So true, great planning by Disney! Lets take a giant sports based bar with a 100 TVs, great menu and a huge bar and replace it with a Cake Shop. Just what the Boardwalk area needed. It is almost as if Disney does these things unpurpose

Bocabear

Placement feels tone-deaf...But that is across property... It would better suit Grand Floridian or Disney Springs...
Well when it finally opens in 2026, I am sure it will be a hit...lol
I will say the recent construction update at least looks like people are trying to get it done....

TeriofTerror

Placement feels tone-deaf...But that is across property... It would better suit Grand Floridian or Disney Springs...
I will say the recent construction update at least looks like people are trying to get it done....
I feel as though it's in direct competition to Summer House on the Lake at DS. I don't know that I'm drawn to either, let alone both.

Brian

Don't rush them! Remember the last time they rushed a big cake?

539046948_efb190e61e_b.jpg

ToTBellHop

I asked Moe (the construction worker) and he said they are planning to open in 2027 now. The flooring will take 14 months but you should be able to eat cake off it, so there’s that.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The glacial speed that WDI moves these days has almost become comical. This was announced in Marh 2022 and they already had a pre-existing structure. I fear for Walt Disney World after Epic Universe opens. Bob Iger is useless and again has done absolutely nothing to change anything at Disney but he is smart....he is out in 2026 once WDW feels the crushing affect of Epic Universe. Well Done WDI & Bob Iger!!!
I think WDI has very little to do with this project. They would have OK'd the design, but it's all third party designed and built like locations at Disney Springs.

Bocabear

When projects like this attached to one of the signature resorts, lags this long, you would think that Disney would take over, Or handle all the buildouts in the parks and resorts in-house to spec...rather than let the tenant handle the construction at their leisure...This directly impacts guest experience...Things at Disney Springs can go according to standard commercial lease rules...Was the Sunglass Hut refurbishment in Adventureland get handled by the tenant? Or was it handled by Disney?

James Alucobond

When projects like this attached to one of the signature resorts, lags this long, you would think that Disney would take over, Or handle all the buildouts in the parks and resorts in-house to spec...rather than let the tenant handle the construction at their leisure...This directly impacts guest experience...Things at Disney Springs can go according to standard commercial lease rules...Was the Sunglass Hut refurbishment in Adventureland get handled by the tenant? Or was it handled by Disney?
I imagine it gets handled however the contract the tenant signed stipulated. For all we know, there may be penalties they’re already dealing with for taking longer than originally planned.

castlecake2.0

Makes me think of when they were building the Contemporary and Polynesian. Apparently US Steel wasn’t going to get them done in time so Roy ended the contract, hired all their workers, and finished it himself.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I think WDI has very little to do with this project. They would have OK'd the design, but it's all third party designed and built like locations at Disney Springs.
It would not be unusual if as part of the lease agreement they used a Disney approved or specified contractor(s).

pdude81

I've got a stay coming up at BWV in the week after Easter, and I'm trying to figure out what to request through TP Room Finder. Does anybody know if any pool/garden areas are done yet so I can request those hallways? Since this was originally supposed to be done by April I'm assuming any rooms in service by then are likely refurbed already.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom