New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So then we should leave the $350.00 /nt Disney Resort room and walk over to the Marriott hotel to find food options that are not ideal...That seems like a great idea!
While your point isn't the comparison, problem is that the comparison is so off. Swolphin now costs almost as much as BWI and Y&B. The only reason not as much is because they don't have the Disney tax for being a Disney resort. And it is also a deluxe resort with as many, if not more amenities as the other Crescent Lake resorts.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
While your point isn't the comparison, problem is that the comparison is so off. Swolphin now costs almost as much as BWI and Y&B. The only reason not as much is because they don't have the Disney tax for being a Disney resort. And it is also a deluxe resort with as many, if not more amenities as the other Crescent Lake resorts.
Swolphin used to be my go to, but looking in September, the Swan Reserve is the same price as the Yacht Club and Boardwalk. The Dolphin however can be found for a bit cheaper however.

Chef idea Mickey`=

How are you getting Boardwalk for $350 a night?? Thats AoA prices! Also I'm not defending Disney, I 100% agree they need to add something. I'm just trying to give advice for someone looking for decent food after 8pm while staying at the boardwalk.
$350 is pretty much a room rate at the Swan or Dolphin which includes the on site resort fee!

Chef idea Mickey`=

But the whole ridiculousness of the service, the lack of a place to sit to eat (the other tables were taken with people hanging out) made us absolutely certain we would NEVER use the pizza window again...like ever. They need to have a better option....and the boardwalk was full of people from all the hotels there on Crescent Lake looking for food...
It's interesting that you mention seating for pizza esp for late at night or evening. Are you speaking on when you don't have a room yet ready because anyone that has a room would just bring their pizza to the room. There is a new seating section in the lobby but that just opened a year ago! I agree there should be seating for everybody outside especially with ice cream and pizza taking on!

peter11435

It's interesting that you mention seating for pizza esp for late at night or evening. Are you speaking on when you don't have a room yet ready because anyone that has a room would just bring their pizza to the room. There is a new seating section in the lobby but that just opened a year ago! I agree there should be seating for everybody outside especially with ice cream and pizza taking on!
Even those with a room may want to sit and enjoy the pizza along the boardwalk and views across Crescent Lake.

UNCgolf

There are also people who go to the boardwalk at night but aren't staying there -- we like to go there one evening after EPCOT to relax with a pizza (or at least we did; supposedly the pizza quality has declined significantly so that could change things) and possibly go to Jellyrolls before heading back to our resort.

The veranda off the Belle Vue Lounge is a nice place to sit and eat if there are any available chairs, though.

Chef idea Mickey`=

There are also people who go to the boardwalk at night but aren't staying there -- we like to go there one evening after EPCOT to relax with a pizza (or at least we did; supposedly the pizza quality has declined significantly so that could change things) and possibly go to Jellyrolls before heading back to our resort.

The veranda off the Belle Vue Lounge is a nice place to sit and eat if there are any available chairs, though.
Most Definitely! I love hanging out there as well! That's sad to hear about the quality of the pizza..would it be the same if you got pizza inside the main restaurant. I haven't had their pizza before...only ice cream at the Boardwalk thus far..

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
And they charge a $45 resort fee + $36 per day for parking. If you are parking a car, you may come out ahead at one of the Disney resorts!
The Grand Destino tower has become our go to if we aren't splurging on our trip. While the location of the Crescent Lake resorts/Swolphin resorts can't be beat and I do miss that, the price is just that much better when on discount at CS. $275/ night vs. $430/night is just a no brainer for my family.

Purduevian

Rack rates for a week 6 months from now (July 27th- August 3rd) (per night excluding Tax)

Boardwalk inn Villas $596
Boardwalk inn $589
Beach Club Villas $559
Beach Club $578
Yacht Club $591

Dolphin ($251+$45)= $296
Swan ($317+$45)= $362
Swan Reserve ($382+$45)= $427

Even if you add in $36 for parking (which many don't) Swolphin is still significantly cheaper than the Disney Resorts.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Rack rates for a week 6 months from now (July 27th- August 3rd) (per night excluding Tax)

Boardwalk inn Villas $596
Boardwalk inn $589
Beach Club Villas $559
Beach Club $578
Yacht Club $591

Dolphin ($251+$45)= $296
Swan ($317+$45)= $362
Swan Reserve ($382+$45)= $427

Even if you add in $36 for parking (which many don't) Swolphin is still significantly cheaper than the Disney Resorts.
Looking at rack rates are a different story but if you look at the rooms with the current discount that everyone qualifies for, Beach Club is $375/Night, Boardwalk $383/night right now (looking at a week in July) and the Swolphin resorts are (refundable rates) Dolphin $353/Night, Swan $393/Night, Reserve $472/Night. Trust me, you want to pay the extra 20 bucks a night for the BC vs. Dolphin, all others are higher.

As mentioned, then you'd have to add in the $36 for parking a night at Swolphin.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Looking at rack rates are a different story but if you look at the rooms with the current discount that everyone qualifies for, Beach Club is $375/Night, Boardwalk $383/night right now (looking at a week in July) and the Swolphin resorts are (refundable rates) Dolphin $353/Night, Swan $393/Night, Reserve $472/Night. Trust me, you want to pay the extra 20 bucks a night for the BC vs. Dolphin, all others are higher.

As mentioned, then you'd have to add in the $36 for parking a night at Swolphin.
What's the discount from?

TrainsOfDisney

Thanks, I was about to do that research myself cause I knew that wasn’t right. Haha.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Wow this has devolved into a hotel room rate discussion... I guess the point is that with prices this high there should be more and better food options available...
Definitely! especially for the most expensive $ resorts The Grand Floridian, Poly, and Contemporary I'd argue about all their quick services doesn't even match what other quality quick services on property! You were speaking not enough outdoor seating at the Boardwalk, well let me say Gasparilla Grill tends to keep it's indoor quick service seating temperatures freezing... I've literally never sat anywhere so cold, as if I was in an Elsa supposed section of World of Arrendale lol. Even sitting 2 min it's literally screaming Let IT GO!!!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Photos from today.

IMG_2259.jpeg

IMG_2260.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom