New Be Our Guest lunch line procedure (Test?)

stevehousse

Maybe people won't wait an hour for McDonalds, but I have witnessed wicked long lines when a Chipotle comes to a town. I hate lines, but have waited 20-30 minutes for my barbacoa during peak times.
And I'm sure u would be weirded out by them giving u a ticket to come back 2-3 hours from the time u walked in...lol

It's just a rediculous concept to begin with that never should hve been implemented in the first place...alienating your guests is the worst thing a business can do...

Tigger1988

Maybe people won't wait an hour for McDonalds, but I have witnessed wicked long lines when a Chipotle comes to a town. I hate lines, but have waited 20-30 minutes for my barbacoa during peak times.
Chipotle online ordering ftw. Never waited more than 5 min there and it gets BUSY.

BrianV

And I'm sure u would be weirded out by them giving u a ticket to come back 2-3 hours from the time u walked in...lol

It's just a rediculous concept to begin with that never should hve been implemented in the first place...alienating your guests is the worst thing a business can do...

Alienating some and catering to others.

BrianV

Which is the problem with this new system they r trying to implement.

Any change will make some happy and some unhappy. Paint the people mover and you have happy and unhappy people. (Check out that thread if you doubt...). You cannot win. That doesn't man you don't try to make improvements. Apple dumped the floppy drive and the SCSI cable. People hated them for those moves. But they were the right call history has shown.

raven

Not sure of where u live, but here in Chicago there are several extremely popular quick service restaurants and bakeries where people do que up and wait ovet an hour or more to get in and eat!

Do guests have to pay $99 per person at the door before they even order their food?

Any guest who complains (was going to use a more forceful word :rolleyes:) rudely, continually to GS about wait times for standby lines or the BOG lunch line, should have their MB scanned and labeled as a chronic complainer.

My complaint was that they completely denied us entry into BOG because we only had 2 guests in our party. A legitimate complaint against any F&B establishment.

landauh

Do guests have to pay $99 per person at the door before they even order their food?

Now Raven you know that the $99 is not only for food.

[QUOTE}My complaint was that they completely denied us entry into BOG because we only had 2 guests in our party. A legitimate complaint against any F&B establishment.[/QUOTE]

This is wrong and I am on your side.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Sign outside at 11:15 said they had reached full capacity for today.

Been here for 40 minutes, and if I can figure out how to post pics, I will. The number of empty tables is disgusting.
Hey, its ok. Maybe you will be one the "lucky" families that comes back later to check for availability and you get in because of a no-show. Its a great system they have created. Not only do you get your hopes crushed by 11:15 am but you get to waste more time throughout the day by periodically checking back to see if some yahoo who took a return ticket doesnt show up and you can get their spot. Just trust that Disney is hard at work to enhance their profits...er, I mean your vacation.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day though, despite being subjected to this new magical experience.

jencor

so is this still in test mode or is it permanent and what is going on? Trying to plan a trip soon and totally lost. Disney wants me to plan, so how do I plan BOG?

donsullivan

Premium Member
Okay, so I'm confused now. I tried to read through parts of this thread but it's so all over the place I can't figure it out any more.

What are the options for a day-guest (local Passholder for example) to have lunch in BoG at this time?

I used to be able to stand in line and be sitting down, waiting for deliver of my order in ~30 minutes. Yes, it could be warm standing in line (duuhh, it's florida) and I've done this a number of times at different times of the years since it opened.

Can I no longer do that? I think what I'm seeing in this tread is that only resort guests can get the equivalent of a lunch ADR and that is resulting in little or no capacity left available for day guests? Is that a proper read of this, or am I missing something?

stevehousse

Okay, so I'm confused now. I tried to read through parts of this thread but it's so all over the place I can't figure it out any more.

What are the options for a day-guest (local Passholder for example) to have lunch in BoG at this time?

I used to be able to stand in line and be sitting down, waiting for deliver of my order in ~30 minutes. Yes, it could be warm standing in line (duuhh, it's florida) and I've done this a number of times at different times of the years since it opened.

Can I no longer do that? I think what I'm seeing in this tread is that only resort guests can get the equivalent of a lunch ADR and that is resulting in little or no capacity left available for day guests? Is that a proper read of this, or am I missing something?
Even when resort guests get a FP here in the past, day guests could still wait like u did and everything was ok.

Now I don't know what to think after Dave's post, but it's exactly what I figured would happen...what a shame! I wish I could see those pics!

Empty tables = loss profits! I bet if u took ur pics to GS and made management aware or anyone high up in Disney management they would be furious to see that...they r only hurting themselves with this new system...

Last edited:

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
Even when resort guests get a FP here in the past, day guests could still wait like u did and everything was ok.

Now I don't know what to think after Dave's post, but it's exactly what I figured would happen...what a shame! I wish I could see those pics!

Empty tables = loss profits! I bet if u took ur pics to GS and made management aware or anyone high up in Disney management they would be furious to see that...they r only hurting themselves with this new system...
I am far from a do and gloomer, we still go 14 days each Spring. That being said, I think the folks on the front line can see that this is ridiculous but can't make any changes. Those high enough to make a change are too arrogant or out of touch to do anything. I'm not seeing the higher ups being furious. It really is frustrating for those who care about their product more than they seem to. The bottom line may not show WDW dying from all these little cuts in service and quality but my affection for the park is not blind and it is trickling away.

RSoxNo1

Sign outside at 11:15 said they had reached full capacity for today.

Been here for 40 minutes, and if I can figure out how to post pics, I will. The number of empty tables is disgusting.
So not everyone is returning that received a return time... shocking. If this is the new normal, I have to assume it will be tweaked.

Can anyone report how long the actual process of receiving a return time is taking? Is it a simple show up, get a slip of paper type deal with little to no waiting?

CDavid

Wait a minute - I thought this whole 'return time' nonsense was only a test? Is it still ostensibly in testing, did it get extended, or is the 'return card' procedure now permanent (well, until sanity and common sense prevails...:banghead:)?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom